Resolved CS:GO BHOP Spec bug

Discussion in 'Report a problem (archive)' started by TheskiLeT, Jul 3, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheskiLeT

TheskiLeT Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hy guys! First time here. I just want to report myself! Sounds stupid but of corse I don't want that! I just want to report a bug. It happened on horseshit_4. I managed to beat the normal record while i was spectacting. So if it's possible delete that run and pls don't ban me! Thanks.

2. ZeGermans

ZeGermans Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This was a sincere mistake. He apologized several times for the mistake.

3. Rizor

Rizor eZ Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It would help if you could describe how this happened? Or how exactly this works so it could maybe be fixed.

4. TheskiLeT

TheskiLeT Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Okay. Joined on the server, changed the style to legit, play a little, then went spectate and I problably hit my bind key wich is just a simple say !r (for faster restart) and than I was still spectating but the timer started. I could change the camera and I saw my "body" going/floating with the bot. That's all. Oh and I needed to rejoin to the server to be able to play again. (Sorry for my bad english)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  5. $ikari

$ikari Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    A similiar bug happened on KZTimer aswell, which we fixed by adding a delay to team switching.

EDIT: Like I said this can be fixed by adding a delay to everything related to team switching etc..

Take a look at here >> https://bitbucket.org/kztimerglobal...mits/7edd4efef51dd7e26d25f3d5838aa74cefd1c347 (Dont mind pause delay)

Annoying part here is that, anything that spawns/switches your team has to trigger the delay.

Also keep in mind that 'spectate' command is a separate command in CSGO to join spectator. Same with 'jointeam <value>' ex. 'jointeam ct', 'jointeam auto'.. So remember to delay those aswell.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  6. Chefkoch JJ

Chefkoch JJ :] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thanks for the post, I appreciate when people care enough to report issues like that.
    I already tracked the issue down, but since there is a new version of the replay plugin pending it's not worth fixing right now..
    If you randomly went to spec and back there was an extremely low chance of that happening :D

7. TheskiLeT

TheskiLeT Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I would say "no problem" but at the same time a "thank you for your help and work". :D (My english is really bad I think)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.