Rejected [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - R+ubi

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by R+ubi, Jun 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R+ubi

R+ubi Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: R+ubi
    | steam3ID: [U:1:42491318]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:21245659
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002757046
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rubi234
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198002757046
    Type of appeal
    SteamRep tag removal/downgrade
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    R+ubi
    When did it happen?
    What's the specified reason?
    Trading with marked/obvious scammers
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    Hello,

I want to just clear my name after months of being marked as "scammer". First of all, I want to admit that I've made some mistakes but I think they are don't deserve to get me that rep. So I will start with my first proof:
    http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/5077-76561198002757046-r-ubi.html
    First report was about selling a key to a marked guy which is too low in value but i still got "caution" rep. If that works on me, every bot selling a key should get that tag for trading keys with obvious alts, suspicious accounts etc.

Second report was there:
    http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/5188-76561198002757046-r-ubi.html

First trade:
    TF2 Outpost / Item
    I bought it 11th November:
    Proof: R+ubi's Backpack - backpack.tf (backpack from that day)
    When I got it - H ᴀ ɴ ɴ ɪ ʙ ᴀ ʟ - had no pending reports, no scammer reps, nothing. Only positive reps on bp.tf for selling keys.
    Proof:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/search/4...c[node]=3 43 34 60 35 36 37 38 41 42 39 52 17
    Appeals against him appeared the next day so 12th November

Second trade:
    TF2 Outpost / Item
    I bought it 23th November:
    Proof: R+ubi's Backpack - backpack.tf (backpack from that day)
    This guy is only banned on bp.tf and Outpost so I don't know exactly when he got his ban but I'm sure it was after I traded with him. Sadly, I can't prove it. He has got a 10th lvl on Steam and 200+ hours in TF2 so there are not too many proofs that he could be an alt account. The only -rep he got wan on bp.tf, posted 1st December: ÐŸÐµÑ€Ð²Ð°Ñ ÐºÑ€Ð¾Ð²ÑŒ's Trust - backpack.tf which was week after I did trade with him.

Third trade:
    TF2 Outpost / Item
    This is my own mistake. I've had no idea that I can't sell unusuals to marked guys. I thought I only can't and I don't want to buy any unusual from that kind of people. I checked his profile twice to make sure none of his item is stolen so that's why I traded with him. I've got two weeks ban on Outpost for that and I think that was right punishment for my fault.

Fourth trade:
    TF2 Outpost / Item
    Another mistake of mine. I wasn't sure if he is a scammer or not so I asked him to wait two days until I'll gather keys to buy an unusual. He waited that time which is weird for a scammer alt. He was not in the rush to sell it so I thought he could be clean. I should avoid that not 100% sure trades and I know that I've made a mistake by buying this unusual. He has no rep on SR but I see he is banned on bp.tf and Outpost. Also I have no proof that he was banned after making a trade with me. I tried to contact with |LZ| NuMetaller (previous owner of an unusual) but he ignored me. I wanted to give this unusual back to him but I couldn't do it. So even if you won't accept my appeal, please just help me with giving this unusual back. I fell guilty about buying stolen unusual but I can't track victim of this situation. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading my appeal and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Please contact me here or directly through Steam.

Thank you in advance.

R+ubi​

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. R+ubi

R+ubi Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  3. ForteSP

ForteSP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    please supply screenshots of every trade you've made dating from September until now, it would help your appeal to prove these are the ONLY trades you have committed with scammers.

4. R+ubi

R+ubi Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've made thousands of trades from September to February so it would be a hundred screenshots. I was banned for these trades because someone has to do really great job tracking my trades back then so I think these are the only trades with scammers. Other ones would be pointed against me too.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If there were more, undoubtedly they would have cropped up in the report. Screenshots won't work for links to the profiles of the people traded with, so I'm not sure what use to you screenshots of those hundreds of trades would be.

6. ForteSP

ForteSP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    #1 ) Don't ever talk to to me, kid. You know I don't like you, in fact, you should know by now that no one likes you.

#2 ) no that's not true they wouldn't have "cropped up in the report." If you are a scammer alt with a private account that have a clean history those are easy to hide. The whole point is I wanted to see whether this user has continued trading with scammers or private scammer alts that have "clean" looking items.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  7. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That wasn't my point, my point was that screenshots won't have working links to the profiles of those hundreds of clients traded with. I'm not sure how you'd plan to sort through all the names and match them to profiles.

(On a side note, as far as I know, you are the only one with anything against me, and I'm even really sure why. If anyone else does, they haven't let me know, though I'd welcome the truth)

8. ForteSP

ForteSP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

Suppose you see a trade with a few keys for a high tier unusual. That draws a red flag and if we can't find the user's profile we have him link us the profile... There are easy ways to tell if a trade from a history draws a red flag, lol.

9. R+ubi

R+ubi Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well... I don't know what to say but like I pointed out before. Someone was tracking my trades with great commitment. After I got ban I almost stopped trading on that account. I only sold some keys through Steam Market to buy a few games. So there isn't practically any chance to trade with scammers. Also if you can see I've had many reps on my profile and on Outpost. I've created a pricelists for unusuals and first rule was to not trade with scammers which was bolded in every of my trades. Like I said in my appeal, I've made a mistakes and I agree with them but I've never made any trade with scammed unusual on purpose. All of my mistakes were results of being too lazy to check everything twice. Now I know that it's worth it to be more careful...

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I suppose. Well, best of luck in your researching.

11. R+ubi

R+ubi Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, finding any trade with high tier unusual for really low price is impossible because I was following my pricelists (about 20% below bp.tf prices) so all of my unusuals were bought for fair (but still quicksell) prices.

12. ForteSP

ForteSP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If you don't want to do it. It's not like I'm an admin. I can't force you. I just asked you to do it saying "it will help your appeal." It's your choice.

13. R+ubi

R+ubi Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As you can see on my Steam profile I've made over 19,000 trades and big part of them happened in the second half of last year so it would be like checking more than 5,000 trades or maybe even and I don't know how could I show every trade and who could check it then... And my priority is to give back Anti-Freeze Hottie's Hoodie to the right owner so even if my appeal will be rejected, any kind of help in this case would be really appreciated.

14. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hi,
    Looking into your reports and perusing your Outpost notes I found some stuff, you admit to trading with at least 2 scammers with trades #3 and #4
    However from your conversation with the OP moderator Toughsox, you admit to trading 3 unusuals with a scammer.
    Also there was this item TF2 Outpost / Item which was traded from an account with very few hours, and no paid games, which tends to be a sign of an obvious alt account (Again this was found by looking through your Outpost notes).

Therefore I'm declining this appeal. There are at least 4 trades with Scammers/Scammer alts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.