READ ME - How to make a trading thread

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ninja Otter, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So, recently this sections been getting used by a few members. So to stop shitposting and stuff I've decided to put together a list of rules and tips on how to make a thread, and how to reply to one.

Rules:

1. Don't post anything useless (i.e. "nice hat" or "You're an arsehole")

2. Keep your posts completely relevant (i.e. don't post "I want to buy your hat, also you're a complete arsehole")

3. Once your item has been sold, close your thread to stop any more posts about it.

4. Don't link to other sites, except for steam. (i.e. don't make a thread here saying "go to my TF2OP trade to see what I'm selling")

5. Try to keep threads sensible (i.e. no swearing)

6. Don't make more than 1 thread at any time, if one thread is open and you'd like to sell more things, wait until you've locked your old thread and then you can make a new one or add a new post to the thread saying what you're selling.

7. When selling items for real money or vice versa link to your rep thread (this is the only time you're allowed to post links to other sites)

8. Don't bump your threads, unless you've added/removed things from the original listing.

Guidelines:

1. Try not to say something like "all my prices are listed at BP.TF prices", just state the price next to each item being sold, so that people don't have to look around to find out how much you're selling it for.

2. Make a nice looking list. ( @cheatnow@cheatnow has a great example if you look here: http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/4061-cheats-jack-all-trades-trade-thread.html + you can use this website: http://tf2toolbox.com/ to make a nice looking list easily (found thanks to @REXTON@REXTON when I looked through his trading thread)

If you feel I should add anything feel free to PM me on the forums or add me on steam.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  2. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Updated rule 6 as threads cannot be edited now.

3. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Added a 7th rule about PayPal trades.

4. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Added an 8th rule about bumping, won't take any actions about threads bumped before this but afterwards I'll start deleting posts.

5. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Updated #4 and #8

6. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Updated the Guidelines

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.