Rejected An admin report

Discussion in 'Admin Reports (archive)' started by SynchronizedMurders [FoG], Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SynchronizedMurders [FoG]

SynchronizedMurders [FoG] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So, everyone remembers that one ban where someone went shouting "Long live hitler" ?
    Jokes like that are really immature and stupid. Unfortunately, we got ourselves a problem here:

Sir Hiss aka Sir Cum Alot and his weapons:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It feels bad to submit a report like this, and I do not want to personally offend anyone. It's just that i think this case needs to see some daylight.

2. Jarza

Jarza Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ouch...
    I'd like to hear what Hiss has to say

3. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    tbh there isn't much he can say, what I'd advise is that he gets rid of the names etc. and sees what n0:name says

4. Doktor kengineer

Doktor kengineer Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    And I thought naming Villains veils stuff like "Twilight Sparkles' Panties" was bad.

5. -Sir Cum alot-

-Sir Cum alot- Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Haha, thanks alot Snych...
    I don't really know what to say about this.
    These are MY items and NOBODY ELSE has to care about them or is supposed to press "F" on me. Especially not you Snych.
    At first I didn't get any bad replies or any comments by offended people to this. Also did I write anything about me beeing a Nazi or any other stuff about Hitler and and all this propaganda shit in the chat? Did I?

6. SynchronizedMurders [FoG]

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Of course people will check your items. This is an achievement/idle server, where people goof around, going around doing whatever they want and checking others inventories is a part of that nonsense.
    Just a while ago we had that case where someone was banned due to a Hitler reference.
    What makes this any different about it? You show up equipped with stuff that has racist name and a description.
    What happened during Hitlers rule is NOT, i repeat, NOT something you should joke about.
    Hate me if you want, despise if you want, but that is clearly something that should not be tolerated.
    Let the bossman decide this. If he decides you deserve no punishment, so be it. If he decides i need some punishment about this, so be it. I think this is something that is wrong and twisted, so I brought this up. No personal offence intended, however I can see that this report will not make you like me. So be it. This is my job, and i believe I'm doing the right thing.

7. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Seeming as someones names on there weapons are for every server not just fogs he is not breaking any rule, there is no rule about weapon names it is a bout what you say and do in chat and in game. It seems stupid to report someones weapons as they are not just a fog thing its his stuff let him name it what he wants.

8. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    well going back on what I said before, maybe just try not to use the items in the server?

9. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Technically Sir is right then he's wrong again, their own his weapons and we can't do much about them, bad news is Sir is on a German hosted server, so German laws apply here...?

10. Jarza

Jarza Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hitler's Germany is something you shouldn't joke about
    srsly

11. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Since I'm not familair with most german laws the only thing I can say aslong as they confirm valve their tou/toa's not really much we can do

12. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Like MohaMAd right?

13. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Jarza dared me to, so here goes tall post!

[​IMG]
    So it would seem that another report has been created on the behalf of another officer on our ranks, pointing at another one. Being that the majorty if the FoG network is located in germany, it is time to deal with this.
    [​IMG]
    It seems that Sir Hiss is involved with a lot of admin reports as of recently. Could it possibly be a coincidence? I would like you all to think through the matter carefully before passing on your thoughts.
    [​IMG]
    However, I am not suggesting that Sir Hiss is guilty of an offense, as he has a valid point. I too, have a little information to share regarding the matter of customized weapons.
    [​IMG]
    Back a few weeks before I was promoted to a Senior Admin, I had witnessed somebody in our trade server running around with a conscientious objector, decaled with an explicit image related to Sonic the Hedgehog. To my disgust, I wanted to ban the user from the server for at least a set time period.
    [​IMG]
    However, I was told that it was not something I was able to ban the user for despite what would strongly look like a bannable offense.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Therefore, I think it would be a suitable time to reconsider if this is an offense on his behalf. We all know that the Medic comes from Germany, and these kind of jokes are more common than leaves on the trees. We also know that Sir Hiss is not in any shape or form a racist or a nazi person, for he works everyday with his admin duties.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In this new light, I believe that finding Sir Hiss guilty of breaking a rule is an unjustified act!

That is all.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  14. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Alright, just to make this clear, I live in Germany, and EVERY SINGLE DAY a joke about either Hitler or his actions is being made. Either on TV, or private life. And the Germans are okay with that. Never has someone been arrested for making a joke about Hitler or the Holocaust. And never was it forbidden to actually favor Hitlers actions. Heck, we have a political party called "NPD". They, lets say, "follow" the ideals of Hitler, that Germans are pure, and everything from outside of Germany isn't. And you know what? Its okay. Its okay to believe whatever you want, no matter how cruel it is, no matter how inmoral it is, because Germany is a land, where everyone is free to believe whatever he/she wants, as long as he/she doesn't hurt any other Humans.

I do understand the dark humor in Hisses Weapon names, and I think that it is funny. You don't think that its funny, but offensive. And that is okay. But please, for fucks sake, stop saying that its forbidden to make jokes about Hitler, because it isn't and it never was.

15. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]
    I believe that zefeel's words are more than enough to support Sir Hiss's innocence in this case.

16. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  17. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]
    That person's testimony contradicts with itself - he claims he did not support Hitler but still spoke out the words "Long Live Hitler". I don't know anyone who would say "Long Live Hitler" when they do not support him, let alone joke about him so carelessly.

[​IMG]
    This is a different matter. What motive would Zefeel have to lie about this? He even lives in Germany which grants him a higher support of his claims! Sir Hiss's motive behind his jokes is the Medic's well-known German background!

18. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hitler jokes are all over the internet, Will you ban the internet for it? Will you? HM ? the guy died ages ago, get over it seriously. It's just a name on a weapon in a game. ITS JUST A GAME:

19. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]
    Precisely!

20. SynchronizedMurders [FoG]

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I could not agree any less with the majority here. This case sickens me.

However, as it seems, this is going to lead us nowhere, xpt Hiss having the report dismissed. In that case, i will offer my apologies for submitting a bad claim and stop persuading this. Do what you wish then. I'm sorry, Hiss.

Thats all.
    Synch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.