Idea jb_bamboo (now with a changelog)

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Servers (archive)' started by Forged Identity -m3lon-, Aug 22, 2018.

?

do you want to see this idea turned into a full map?

1. yes i want to see this turned into a full map (why?)

100.0%
  2. no i do not want to see this turned into a full map (why?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. i'm split 50/50 (why?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forged Identity -m3lon-

Forged Identity -m3lon- Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hi again after taking a break from jailbreak (and tf2 in general) I've come back and decided I want to start mapping again. I've begun work on jb_bamboo as the title suggest its a Japanese themed jailbreak map (credits to red army strongest for the idea). it uses the Japanese content pack on tf2maps.net but I don't want to bother putting effort into the project if nobody wants it so that's why I am making this post in the first place. Just wanted to check how you the jb community is doing and if any more maps are really needed right now (with the recent inclusion of jb_supermario_v13) the following are just some example screenshots of what the map looks like in the early stages its in now. I plan for the current final version to have the following games I will also be listing their completion status as of right now:
    fall game < done
    pool < tbc
    deathrun < tbc
    stairway to heaven < tbc
    arena < tbc
    minefield < done
    nine square < done
    obby < tbc
    sweeper < done
    hide and go drown < done
    stairway to heaven < tbc
    diner < done
    theater < current project
    disco < done
    cell area: upload_2018-8-22_19-32-10.png

minigame area 1:
    upload_2018-8-22_19-33-3.png
    diner:
    upload_2018-8-22_19-33-26.png
    armoury:
    upload_2018-8-22_19-33-48.png
    minigame area 1 (angle from behind sweeper):
    upload_2018-8-22_19-36-9.png
    I also have fixed the lighting bugs with my computer which means everything compiles properly I have also expanded my knowledge of the hammer editor over the course of the 4 month-ish period I have been gone if you have any questions about it please include it in your comment as I am eager to receive feedback I might return to a map like alpine at a later date but right now I don't feel like I can handle it (with me going into the final year of school and life stuff etc). thanks for reading this long winded post and I guess i'll talk to you in the comments if you have any questions.
    (just noticed this after I posted it sorry for the crosshair in the middle of the screen I forgot to turn it off before taking screenshots.)
    Changelog:
    27th august - disco is now complete
    28th august - minefield is now complete
    - added another exit to diner
    2nd September - added the new minigame area
    - added hide n go drown
    - JB_BAMBOO BETA 1 READY FOR RELEASE
    (this is not the full version and whilst nearly complete is still missing a lot of detail in some areas please do not consider this a full release of any sort.)
    please check the read me for information on installing the map. any other questions? just ask!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  2. TheJulianSNL

TheJulianSNL Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    To be honest, I'd love to see a new map added to the rotation.

Seems like with what you are planning, there would be more then enough minigames to make for a good map.
    I hope you can provide us with a download or atleast demo version of the map to take a look at soon.

Good luck with making the map.

3. ♡ pie ♡

♡ pie ♡ 死に生きる Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Unique theme for jailbreak, cute and fun design, plenty of minigames--this seems like a wonderful idea and definitely a major step up from your previous design. I would try to be careful with the lighting in the room with the benches since it seems just a tad too dark towards the back but seeing as you're still working on it, I wouldn't really complain. Would love to see future updates on this! Good luck :>

4. Forged Identity -m3lon-

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    thanks for the support Julian! The reason why there isn't a download currently is because the vast majority of the textures are custom and im still in the process of figuring out how to pack it but ill try and get a playable ish version of the map when I can.

5. Forged Identity -m3lon-

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    upload_2018-8-22_23-45-15.png
    problem solved!

6. GracefulELO

GracefulELO Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Fantastic map forged! I really like the direction this map is going. Its very original and it looks very neatly designed. I cant wait to see how it will turn out. Best of luck.

7. Forged Identity -m3lon-

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    the zip file contains the map and read me installation guide for the textures. be aware that this is ridiculously early access so you can still fall outside the map in some places also the unfinished building is where the disco (club chapan) will be. I'm also thinking of leaving this open as a kind of update thread for the map whilst I'm working on it so I can keep people updated and get feedback before release. thoughts?

Attached Files:

8. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    From the looks of it, you can stand on the corner of sweeper and you won't have to jump. Also, the fact that it isn't circular really triggers me >w<
    Whole sweeper (square podium layout :<):
    [​IMG]
    Edge of sweeper:
    [​IMG]
    Sorry about all the player clips, idk how to use hammer that well, I just know the basics.

9. Forged Identity -m3lon-

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I can extend the sweeper beam but then it would stick through the wall slightly moving the beams further in may also be an acceptable option if people don't care about exact symmetry other than that not sure what I can do other than completely remake it. thx for bringing this up dino! all issues must be fixed lmao.

10. Forged Identity -m3lon-

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    all custom japan textures go in this root C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\materials\japan
    all models go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf
    for any further inquires ask or steam dm thanks!
    I just moved the materials folder over the old one already in the directory and replaced the files which worked for me.

11. Forged Identity -m3lon-

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    upload_2018-9-2_0-19-46.png
    new minigame area! thoughts on the visuals / art style anyone?

12. SparK.exe

SparK.exe Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Don't get the spark syndrome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.