Other jb_alpine suggestions (jailbreak map)

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Servers (archive)' started by Forged Identity -m3lon-, Mar 4, 2018.

?

would you like to see this map in game?

1. yes (if so why?)

87.5%
  2. no (if so why?)

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forged Identity -m3lon-

Forged Identity -m3lon- Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I wanted to include a map called jb alpine on the f.o.g EU and NY jailbreak servers because they are both lacking in maps I took it upon myself to create one in hammer and after 2 failed iterations and crashes the third version is complete and has gone off without a hitch; so I would like to ask if you would consider adding it to the servers nominate lists so people can choose to play this map. there are some screenshots of the map on my steam screenshots section which can be see here :
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1320840094 [​IMG]
    edit one) now fixed an exploit where you could get out of the map credit goes to "ducks are people too" for finding the exploit and informing me. cheers lad!
    ps: the purple and black texture is intended his name is buggy and he exists to annoy you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  2. Bambi :)

Bambi :) The American Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I would love to see some new maps for a change in jailbreak personally and I'm sure other people would too so yeah man why not.

3. Taco_cat12

Taco_cat12 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I agree with bambi, the map looks interesting and i would love to have it on the ny/eu servers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. [KJO] h4ck

[KJO] h4ck Member

I'd honestly and truly love to see a fresh new map in the jailbreak scene. Playing on old maps millions of times has been getting tiring, so a map like this would seem like a great addition.

5. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Lighting is a bit weird in the screenshot tbh
    Light skybox would fit the lighting as it is rn

6. Forged Identity -m3lon-

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yes I am aware of that and trying to find a solution it is because the v vis and v rad
    (The stages that calculate lighting) are not working in hammer for some reason. I've tried looking for a fix but to no avail.

7. Aleksa

Aleksa Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've tested the map with Forged and all the games are possible to be done. The map has an interesting features like water effect in arena without drowning and putting the water effect on screen. The map in my opinion is amazing and I highly recommend it!

8. Svarten

Svarten Maximal Effort Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Map looks pretty neat, the current maps are getting a bit boring. Would love to see a new map added to the rotation.

9. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So, does the lighting still work in game? Does it look normal?

10. Forged Identity -m3lon-

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    unfortunately things get a bit bright when you head towards the diner and blue shipping arena but other than that the lighting isn't too bad around the map

11. dino

dino get out of report Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    um.

i just spent like 30 minutes writing a review and it had too many characters, it got all deleted

sad

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Aleksa

Aleksa Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    rip

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Tested the map and here's what I have to say:
    Lots of unnecessary props scattered around
    Hard to understand what things are and what they're for
    Textures don't match with eachother
    Lighting
    (this one's a big issue but already been talked about)
    Obby is pretty difficult and you can't cheese it
    Some games involve ceiling guides to tell you where to jump
    and other similar things unique to this map but noone would understand that at first
    Hidden ammo spots

The colour guides in stairway and whatever that boulder game is (like steady pace) need to be explained within the map possibly in the form of text on a wall.
    Game label fonts I'd prefer to be consistent and not different for each one.
    upload_2018-3-5_20-59-24.png Deathrun
    upload_2018-3-5_21-0-14.png Stairway to Heaven
    upload_2018-3-5_21-0-50.png Obby
    upload_2018-3-5_21-1-24.png VS Sentry

In conclusion, I think this map shouldn't be added as of now for reasons stated

14. Forged Identity -m3lon-

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    ok ill run through the reasons why these problems exist the no one understanding part is because I want people to have a learning curve it stops the map getting stale quickly I will add a notification about it in v2 (if the map gets in that is).
    the unnecessary props are detailing to make the map feel less empty and look nicer and more aesthetically pleasing its kind of like eye candy.
    the textures not matching is just a matter of detailing and the brushes of the map not being well optimized I will try and make it better in v2 (if the map gets in)
    and the lightings already been covered in summary this is my reply to yperz's reasons for my map not being ready for fog

15. Faggot

Faggot Lets make it happen! Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I just tried out the map with @Solid Snake@Solid Snake

To start this off thanks for going through the work of actually making a new jailbreak map.

However in my opinion the map is far from finished, most minigames have original ideas for jailbreak maps I guess, but most of them are simply bad to play(Obby and I think thats steady pace I think)

The arena pool thing made me lag(might be due to it being a server hosted by solid)
    The vs sentry has a weird kind of finish thing that kills you if you dont jump which I dont think is that great of an idea.
    The sweeper is turning very slow(Its not a requirement for it to turn faster but against the other maps its very weird)
    Neither solid nor I were able to finish the obby without buddha and getting annoyed by it(the ventilator is a good idea but makes the whole thing very annoying to do)
    Stairway to heaven was once again an original idea I guess but overall wasnt very well made in my opinion
    Deathrun had few traps and the last one had infinite uses(again that may be due to solids server)
    Steady pace seemed really weird and will mostly be failed by most people who havent played it before

The decoration could also be better made, in my opinion most objects were randomly put together to close off the map instead of using walls.

I will not add this maps for now, however if you update the map in the future feel free to suggest it again and we will look at it again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.