Will I get marked from SR for trading with this user?

Discussion in 'General' started by BigMac, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I would post this on SR but I'm banned, so I'm hoping a SR rep can answer the question here.

http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198064995767

It is said he is an alt of http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198013601746

There is no evidence that I can see that he is an alt so I am somewhat forced to take your word for it.

I have spoken to the user and he has said that his brother ran from a crab 4 years ago.

Even if he was an alt, it is said that they ran from a strange part Spy crab 4 years ago, and the evidence isn't really the best. It's mostly chat logs, which can be easily modified.

It's just getting really frustration seeing severe punishments like this, especially when there could be people being punished due to the fact they share the same internet connecting.

Will I get a ban for trading with this user?

Thanks.

2. Enstage

Enstage Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If that user feels there's not enough evidence to uphold his ban, he is free to appeal his ban on the SR forums, YATO has been processing appeals within days recently. Going to tag a couple of experienced Trade Mods to make a response to this.
    @Ninja Otter @Tio José das Vacas @n0name

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Legacy Trade Moderator).**

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  3. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    He has made an appeal and hasn't heard back.

I really feel no risk in trading (besides being banned by SR and as such every other major site) but no risk with trading them.

This could be a case of them being banned by IP association. He is saying that it was his brother that ran from the crab and not him. He could be lying or he could be telling the truth but it just highlights how innocent people could be banned my IP association. Even if it was him, a 4 year ban for a low tier Spy Crab run is extremely harsh.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  4. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    He currently is marked so yes, you will be able to get a mark if you trade with him.

5. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So even if it's clear someone was marked incorrectly, over punished or banned with no evidence it doesn't matter. It's a joke that SteamRep has this sort of power to dictate who can trade with who.

But yeah regarding this case I'll like to hear from SteamRep.

Just to add some info.

- He has been banned as an alt for 4 year for a lowish SpyCrab run
    - There is no evidence to suggest that he was the person that did the run and only evidence that the same IP was shared
    - He is saying that it was his brother, there is no evidence that it wasn't his brother
    - Even if it was him, is a 4 year ban really warranted?
    - He has a appeal which hasn't been actioned

He is after a dream item of his, my Ethical values tell me I should be able to let him own a dream item but due flaws in the SteamRep system (if indeed he was the brother) then a innocent person is highly being affected here and if he indeed was the runner (no evidence to suggest this) then he is being highly over punished.

6. Enstage

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hold on for a bit. Penguin the Fluffy told me he will be looking into the case and that he personally thinks there's not enough evidence. The marking was, as you said, 4 years ago. Policies change over that time etc. hopefully you can understand; something is being done to check if they can have their tags dropped (can't be sure yet).

In the meantime, they are still marked and have chosen not to appeal (I can't find an appeal for them, please do correct me if I'm wrong; with a link) so I personally suggest not trading with this user.

7. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This is his appeal: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198064995767-totopst-lt-ominous™-banned-by-sr.106963/

Prop for looking into it.

Also noting he has: 4,220 hrs on record, he is obviously a committed tf2 player and something like this can really affect his experience.

8. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Anyway SR can give me a yes or no?

I'm banned from posting on SR

I'm unsure of this, I feel logic should say this shouldn't be an issue but it's a bit of a risk to trust my logic when SR can ban me.

The only SR admin / mod that has given me the time of day and has been helpful has been Tio but he is hard to find online (just pm'd him)

9. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Tio is currently quite busy IRL. Some important exams if I recall correctly, so don't expect any answer from him soon.

Either way, as long as he has a mark. It won't be save to trade with him.
    The accused is currently appealing his mark, but an appeal takes time to get reviewed.

10. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Appreciate your reply but I'm looking to hear from SteamRep in this regards. The accused is marked out of the current scope and shouldn't be banned it sucks that I have to post here to try and get a response from SteamRep but I'm not able to post there atm.

I've PM'd Tio and he said he'll be looking at it tomorrow. Thanks.

11. Enstage

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Notes:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Legacy Trade Moderator).**

12. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep anything?

Just a yes or no from a SteamRep admin will be nice?

Like if your going to ban people from conveniently trading at least be available to answer peoples questions if they are iffy on something.

Every fucking trade offer I get I'm worried about getting a mark for some reason I could not be aware of.

13. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    SteamRep admins generally don't visit these forums here, only Pretender does rarely.
    Doubt you will get any answer soon.

14. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've asked the question on Reddit, I've posted here so what do I do?

Your able to calibrate and mark people on SteamRep (incorrectly at times I might add) surely your able to notify them and let them know there is a question directed towards them.

15. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If you have issues with our tags, bring em up to us. Our tags comply with current SR policy and if they ever don't, we'd want to fix that.
    Tbh I agree with you that the guy you're in talks with shouldn't be banned, there's no actual evidence that the accused ran from a crab, but with SR policy as it is, you'd risk a ban.

16. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've had an issue with a previous Banned Tag given to myself handed by NoName, I don't want to get into it to much but it was an assumption based ban given with no evidence of "knowingly trading" which SR policy requires, feel free to look into my case and the ban reasoning given.

I posted here because I felt if you can issue bans then surely you can advise SR of a question directed to them.

Like this case is questionable and I've had other questionable trades as well I've avoided but really with some of my questionable trades there should be means for an answer, with this case I feel it's common sense that I should be able to trade this person due to the obviousness of the incorrect ban but common sense could not apply according to SR and they could still free a mark is warrented based on "Not agreeing with this bans, if they are incorrect or not".

I'll just like a SR admin to be able to look at it and give me a yes or no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.