Accepted [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - [F2P] Mr.Giang

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by [F2P] Mr.Giang, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [F2P] Mr.Giang

[F2P] Mr.Giang Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: [RIP] Mr.Giang
    | steam3ID: [U:1:131967615]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:65983807
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198092233343
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/HanakoRika
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198092233343
    Type of appeal
    SteamRep tag removal/downgrade
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    [F2P] Mr.Giang
    When did it happen?
    11 days ago
    What's the specified reason?
    Trading with marked/obvious scammers
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    I fully understand that trading with scammers is wrong as it encourages people to scam, which is definately a bad thing to the community. However, I really think that a full scammer tag is way too harsh for this case, especially given how I only bought items with a high-traffic trade from him, which normal traders even rarely check them (although I usually check them, I completely fell for this impersonal trick as to be honest, I have never faced a scammer alt with a high level before, which totally caught me off guard, put my trust in him).
    Also, worth to note that from this accepted report: http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/9597-76561198131684467-von-zyphric.html (I guess he was just another victim of Penek), the accused was given a Caution tag for trading with scammers. In Unusual trading, checking is always a must (as not only to know if the owner is a scammer but also to know if the hat is duped), unlike Australium trading, in which duped items don't affect the price, making checking is usually somehow forgettable (and he is Strife, what could go wrong?). This makes me feel that my ban is too harsh for the mistake I made.
    I only made this report as a hope of getting my tag lowered to Caution so I can get back to trading with this acc asap. If my appeal isn't granted, hopefully you can provide me a good reason instead of just close it. Thank you.
    As an extra note: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198157747868 - This isn't my alt acc though. I have no idea how you actually think this was my alt but since the owner doesn't care about TF2 trading anymore, I guess he doesn't care much about this.

2. Comma

Comma Member

Forgive me if I am wrong but you generally cannot appeal tags 11 days after receiving them. You also made multiple trades with him.

3. [F2P] Mr.Giang

[F2P] Mr.Giang Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You missed the whole point of this appeal. This appeal is made as I think the punishment for me is too harsh, especially about the whole "obivious scammer" stuff. From what I see, obiviously I'm not the only experience trader who accidentally bought some stuffs from Penek when he impersonated Strife (like how ZyphriC did). Even in my conversation with Sirploko, an Outpost admin, he even informed me that I would receive a 2-week ban for what I did (instead of a full scammer tag). It really bugs me how I heard that many higher-tier traders like Wayne or Frost had even knowingly done more high-value trades with scammers in the past and yet the worst they got was just a Caution tag.
    But the worst part in my case is that I got banned because I refused to buy his scammed stuffs (That's why he reported me, uhg, that makes me feel I should have just followed the guilty road to avoid getting banned, which I didn't). I put my trust in FoG and hope that they don't really set the rule in stone and really make a second chance for me to get back to trading though.

4. Fireballnitr0

Fireballnitr0 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    sirploko is referring to an OUTPOST ban, not a 2 week period of being marked?

5. [F2P] Mr.Giang

[F2P] Mr.Giang Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    He was refering to a 2-week Outpost trade ban as this was my first offend. I feel that punishment was much more suitable in my case though though.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  6. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just for the record.
    There is no time set that has to pass before someone is able to make an appeal. However in most cases it does matter on how quick someone makes an appeal for it being granted or not.

Like mentioned above, the 2 weeks ban mentioned by Sirploko is regarding a outpost ban. This has nothing to do with the tag you received from us. Our moderators/admins did their own research and handled from that. They won't punish someone for just one mistake and are always trying to look at multiple factors.

In the end are we here to educate, not to punish.

7. [F2P] Mr.Giang

[F2P] Mr.Giang Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The 2-week ban that I was supposed to receive was based on the report against me (as Sirploko had watched the report entire time and warned me about the 2-week ban). I just feel like I should have just got a Caution tag and a 2-week ban on Outpost instead of full scammer tag + 1 month banned on Outpost because of the tag after the report was accepted. I know in the end, what you guys are supposed to do is educate, not to punish (and I appreciate that) but if the accused has been educated already after the case, should you still have to punish him? I find this no longer necessary as from this case, I have learnt that I should even expect people with high Steam level (which I have never expected before the case) and I do believe having nearly 2-week of no trading (lose opportunities for a lot of good deals as I don't want my customers get marked because of me) + disappointment from my friends in many community + my long-time built rep has been nearly destroyed are just way too much for a punishment. Hopefully I can get my tag reduced to Caution after this so I can re-build what I have lost asap.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  8. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.