Rejected [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - Marcypatri2010ysugambita

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Martipj, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martipj

Martipj Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep BlockType of appeal
    SteamRep tag removal/downgrade
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Marcypatri2010ysugambita
    When did it happen?
    126days ago
    What's the specified reason?
    Not honoring wager agreement
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    iWell, as I told in my last appeal, I was hacked, and I just got the recovery password. But you guys told me that it was my responsability( and I totally accept it) but it has been 126 days and i got 0 REPORTS and some +reps so i pls want a remove if it can be

2. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  3. Martipj

Martipj Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh ok sorry! I didn't know i needed to get permission. Again sorry about it u.u

4. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You need to repay the victim.

5. Tio José das Vacas

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello @Martipj@Martipj , you have 14 days to repay the victim.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  6. Martipj

Martipj Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello @Tio José das Vacas@Tio José das Vacas i need ur help to refund my victim, cause i cant add him and his profile its private, so if u want i can give u the items and u try to add him too or something.
    Ty, Marc

7. Tio José das Vacas

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The victim is waiting for an add.

8. Tio José das Vacas

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  9. Ulysses

Ulysses Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I have unblocked the banned user and sent them a friend request, thanks to 'Tio José das Vacas' for notifying me of this. For what it is worth, I find it difficult to believe the accused was hacked, as he has said above. Surely, no hacker would have been on a non-descript trade server for multiple hours. Moreover, why would they then, after having had wasted so much time in transferring or deleting items from the accused account, challenge someone to a 1v1 TF2 duel? However unlikely it is, if I am to accept the apology of the accused, I would require it to be remorseful and that it would clearly convey taking full responsibility of the actions they committed. I believe that the accused has served a sufficient amount of time for his ban, regardless of whether he had committed the action himself or not. Although, everyone I am sure is under no illusion as to his rather weak appeal to being hacked. To you then, Marcy, if you are truly remorseful, apologise sincerely and take responsibility for the actions committed by your account.

10. Ulysses

Ulysses Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In addition, I would like some clarification on what is owed to me. The wager was confirmed initially between the two parties at values representative of 8.00 refined metal. I staked 8.00 refined in pure metal versus an item that had a represented backpack.tf price value evaluation of 8.00-9.33 refined metal (at the time). The reason I accepted the item and not just pure metal was that this item was representing the value of at least 8.00 refined metal, I had no special interest in the item itself, merely the value it constituted. In much the same manner that traders ask for overpay on their items if the buyer is not paying in pure liquidity. Moreover, I had reasonable expectation of winning the duel based off having had a large kill streak on the trade server, having two strange sniper rifles with Hales Own grade, and having had demolished the accused 20-3 in our duel.

Now, any trader worth their weight, of which most of you are or at least are familiar with, in the manner that traders amass their profits, would note that this item had a more than reasonable expectation to be exchanged for well over 8.00 refined metal at the time; I would have waited for someone to have purchased the item at 9.33 refined metal. However, in light of the gambit and the state of mind of the accused, I would grip more tightly to the value being 9.00 refined metal. This figure is not only an evaluation expected from myself and the backpack.tf community, but was also confirmed by the accused himself who states, "ye man but it stills 9refs" (reference: http://files.f-o-g.eu/4a4040 ). Considering both parties have shown a reasonably coherent evaluation of the item owed to be of the value of 9.00 refined metal. My question therefore is, should the amount owed be changed from 8.00 refined metal to that of 9.00 refined metal pure?

Additionally, noting the far-fetched story presented by the accused, who has claimed to be physically innocent of wrong-doing, is the legitimacy of his remorse being factored in anyway during his appeal? His story is rather easily refutable by judging the displayed character of the accused in my initial report (reference: http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/6848-76561198056145478-marci.html ). To reference my above post about said hacker, "Moreover, why would they then, after having had wasted so much time in transferring or deleting items from the accused account, challenge someone to a 1v1 TF2 duel?" or at least waste multiple hours on a non-descript trade server. Am I in a position to refuse his debt paid until he were to a) relinquish his fanciful story, b) accept responsibility for his actions, and c) show sufficient remorse - by doing a) and b) and then paying the debt owed (whether the amended value or the original)?

Thank you for your assistance, these are just some confusions I am having.

11. Tio José das Vacas

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

EDIT: SInce the accused valuated the item at 9 ref back them- the accused needs to repay 9 refs.
    Either the item and 1 ref or 9 ref.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  12. Ulysses

Ulysses Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The accused has decided to change his story, with an equally fanciful one.

- Reference: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Since the accused is not treating this seriously and has no intention of taking responsibility for his actions, and therefore does not show remorse; I am promptly removing him from my friends list. Do not take this as me rejecting his efforts to repay me, of which there have been none. I am simply disinterested with his antics. I have provided him with my personal steam trade offer link, which the accused can freely use when he wishes to pay me the debt of 9.00 refined pure. I should mention, this latest story does however have him state that he committed the actions that led to him being tagged as a scammer, but he is subversive about it in his attempts at shifting the responsibility.

- New amount confirmed by Tio Jose: http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/9212-steamrep-tag-removal-downgrade-ban-appeal-marcypatri2010ysugambita/page2#post74664

My personal trade offer link
    - https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=78994656&token=IXATxNjt

Best,

Ulysses.

http://files.f-o-g.eu/cb68eg - Chat

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
  13. Ulysses

Ulysses Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The accused has decided to change his story, with an equally fanciful one.

- Reference: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Since the accused is not treating this seriously and has no intention of taking responsibility for his actions, and therefore does not show remorse; I am promptly removing him from my friends list. Do not take this as me rejecting his efforts to repay me, of which there have been none. I am simply disinterested with his antics. I have provided him with my personal steam trade offer link, which the accused can freely use when he wishes to pay me the debt of 9.00 refined pure. I should mention, this latest story does however have him state that he committed the actions that led to him being tagged as a scammer, but he is subversive about it in his attempts at shifting the responsibility.

- New amount confirmed by Tio Jose: [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - Marcypatri2010ysugambita

My personal trade offer link
    - https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffe...token=IXATxNjt

Best,

Ulysses.

*I have already posted this, but it was placed on another page*

14. Tio José das Vacas

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Martipj@Martipj , any updates? You have 7 days.

15. Tio José das Vacas

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Appeal Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.