Accepted [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - BiigMacINeedADoubleCheeseBuerger

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by BigMac, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: BiigMacINeedADoubleCheeseBuerger
    | steam3ID: [U:1:65240586]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:32620293
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025506314
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198025506314
    Type of appeal
    SteamRep tag removal/downgrade
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    BiigMacINeedADoubleCheeseBuerger
    When did it happen?
    06.06.2015, 15:15
    What's the specified reason?
    high-value trade
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    I personally feel my ban was unjustified and that it was assumed that I had known that the person I had traded with was a marked user of SteamRep.

The ban reasoning was as per the below:

1) Extremly high-value trade (easily above $3000+)
    2) Claims that "SR didn't load", but:
    - Earl has been marked for well over 1 1/2 years, making it easy to find his profile in Google Cache/Archive.org
    - He has also been banned on all major trading sites (TF2OP/BP)
    3) Adding to that, if his claims are true, he most likely already knew about Earl and his history.

I feel points 2) and 3) are invalid as there is no evidence that shows that I had known Earl was a marked user It has been said that due to my extensive experience in trading that I should have known better and should have known to check Google Cache/Archive.org and other community websites before the trade but I honestly didn't know I should be checking archived websites / other websites in the case SteamRep was down. I understand now how that could have helped identify that he had had a marking but going off other websites bans really hasn't been something I have looked at previously. If it doesn't exist maybe it could help other people in a similar situation to myself to have a FAQ listed on the SR search page on what to check and how to handle the situation of SR not outputting results.

Regarding the point that I should have known better and not traded with him, I feel is incorrect and that if you had understood my history and what I had paid for the item that If I had known that he was a marked user then I would have not traded for the item. I had highly overpaid for the item and that If I had know that he was marked that I would not have traded for the item as it makes no sense for me to have so knowingly.

I have a long history in completing clean trades (around 5 years),(14ish pages of SOP rep spamming over that time - I should note that YOTO has now deleted all that rep due to a personal issue he had with me - but I guess a archive search should be able to bring that up) + buying a Burning Team Captain for pure PayPal and many items for $500+. I feel it's wrong to discount my extensive clean history and instead of looking at it and seeing how I have been very clean and a respected clean trader for so long and that it could have been an honest mistake yet it is instead assumed that because I have been around and clean for so long that I should be bullet proof and should have known better, most people make mistakes and I don't feel it's right to place harsher punishments to people who have proven to be innocent and clean for a long history of time yet give newer and less proven traders a so called mistake safety buffer due to the possibility of them not knowing better.

Whilst I have been steam marked I have not completed a single trade on any account, I have had many offers but have been clear in letting people know that I am marked and that I will not be trading, I feel what Earl has been doing in going around trading people knowing that they will get marked is very wrong and I did not want anyone to be marked due to me. I have left a note for most of my ban stating that I have been SR marked.

I have been very open since I had found out about the trade, I had reported myself for this issue and had offered admins a live viewing of my account to showcase that I have always been an extremely fair trader, not a shark and that trading with listed members isn't something I generally do. I will like to request to have the tag removed, I don't feel users shouldn't be cautious in dealing with me and dealing with someone with the clean and extremely safe history I have should be encouraged.

Attached Files:

2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Under Investigation.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Legacy Trade Moderator).**

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  3. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  4. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Appeal Granted. Your tag is going to be downgraded to a caution, you can appeal the caution in six months. Thank, gl!

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Legacy Trade Moderator).**

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  5. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Tag downgraded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.