Archived Münsterkatt admin report

Discussion in 'Admin Reports (archive)' started by KingofLR|KomboKing, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingofLR|KomboKing

KingofLR|KomboKing Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Admin Name: Münsterkatt
    Time :::: (format dd.mm.YYYY HH:mm): 26.08.2015 18:53

Server: Jailbreak :: F-o-G.eu - Europe

Description:
    There was a last request given by Fresh Bread.
    The lr said that Fresh Bread and Kombo King had freeday and could use microphone whenever we wanted.
    This included being somewhat annoying.

What happened next round?
    Fresh Bread and me started to sing some songs.
    Fresh Bread got muted by players, I understand that.
    I did not get muted, but I stopped because I got bored.
    Also because I had 4/5 votemutes and I didn't want a mute.
    The rest of the round was normal.
    Next round I died as Medic in hunger games and left.
    Around an hour later Starfish messaged me asking me why I was banned.
    I did not know I was banned.
    I got banned on 18:53.
    But I left the server on 18:42.
    So I got banned 11 minutes after leaving the server.
    My ban is 5 days, which is way too long in my opinion.
    Because I only was annoying over mic and could be muted instead.

It also says I used racial slurs, I never said anything racist.
    I am never racist in public except for saying something like "What's up, nigga?" to some of my best friends.
    This is not meant to hurt people and I would have stopped with a warning or a gag.
    Being annoying over microphone is not worth 5 days of ban in my opinion.

Witness (optional): Fresh Bread.

Proof (images, videos, demos):

Fortress of Gamers - Sourcebans

Fortress of Gamers Statistics - Player Events History

2. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Note: He asked me to proofread his report and take out eventual grammar mistakes, so I tried to remove as many as possible.

3. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    After starfish left you called someone a racial slur and a faggot, even if it was a joke it still is not language that should be used. You were also making very annoying squeaking noises, and with the racial slur I felt a mute was not enough.

4. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    With this quote in mind to Munsterkatt's response, you're saying that you'd never act racist, but calling someone a "faggot" is all okay in your books?

Not to mention, I dare to say that the lack of evidence helps neither you or Munsterkatt.

However, you admit to being "annoying" on the microphone which supports Munsterkatt's claim on you being annoying.

BUT LET US BE HONEST HERE.

This whole thing could had been avoided were you smart enough to NOT ask for permission to "be annoying".
    I'm gonna go say that you're partially to blame for this.

5. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ok so the micspamming is fine due to the LR.

The racial slur, ask yourself, was it bad enough for a 5 day ban? Or was it a minor one?
    Can you tell us what you said? Or Munsterkatt tells us?
    Does anyone have proof of this?

"After starfish left you called someone a racial slur and a faggot" Can you get them to write a post. Or tell us what the racial slur was?
    @Münsterkatt サム@Münsterkatt サム

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  6. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    racial slur was the n word, but he trailed off when he said it. I will reduce it to 2 days if that works fine

7. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In all fairness Kombo, you can be extremely annoying at times which i think we all can agree on, the word "faggot" is commonly used between a lot of admins AND regulars alike as a joke, so unless the case where you called someone a fag was severe, i think it should be canceled out in a way, the racial slur however.

Now, we have had multiple occations where regulars and good friends with admins sometimes become "shielded" as if the admin(s) (not pointing fingers here, you know who you are) does everything in their power to get the player unbanned or not banned at all, which is kind of a problem. I'd say that the 2 day ban should serve as a warning that racial slurs are not allowed AT ALL despite them possibly being in all good fun.

But lastly i want you guys, mainly admins to think of it this way. How long would kombo have been banned if he wasnt a regular and good friends with multiple admins and other regulars? I'd guess a week at minimum. I am not the one to make the choices here nor do i proclaim i do, but i just you guys to think about it, as this isnt the first time something like this has happened.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  8. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This is an admin abuse report, not a unban appeal.

9. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not saying it is, my post still stands as its related.

10. TheUberGamer

TheUberGamer Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I honestly think that you can really be annoying at times Kombo. You even scare the crap out of me when you start yelling. But banning instead of muting, I'm 100% on Kombo's side here. A ban and a mute are different (Munsterkatt you're an admin you should know :p). And a 5 day ban for using a racist slur. Listen, I know Kombo and he would never say anything so bad to get banned for 5 days. Someone overreacted. Reducing it to 2 days wow, you are a real hero aren't you. Not gonna be rude, I'm just saying you really overreacted. And this is not the first admin report you have. Not trying to sound offensive or like I'm threatening cause I'm not, just watch what you do(For your own safety) pl0x.

11. Bambi

Bambi Puffbuck Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I've banned one or two for similar reasons. A mute probably wouldn't be as effective, as Kombo just left, and he doesn't play as much anymore.

12. KingofLR|KomboKing

KingofLR|KomboKing Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Jozan first of all the lr said clearly that i could be annoying over mic. So ofcourse i admit being annoying. Also i did not ask for the premission to "Be Annoying" The lr from Fresh Bread gave me it, i never asked for it.

Now the racial slur wasn`t to "Someone" it was public. I said the N word and i can agree whit that. But a 5 Day Ban for complying the "Order" [LR] That is in my opinion stupid.

I Left after becouse i was gonna eat not becouse of what i did. I would have stayed if dinner wasn`t ready at that time.

Munster i know Faggot and the N Word is not a language that should be used. But in my opinion a Warning and a gag/mute would be correct. Also Munster i don`t know why you made a big deal out of it when the lr said i could [MicSpam, Be Annoying Over Mic] The racial slur is actually the only thing i did wrong. The other part is the lr and i can choose if i want to do it or not. Also you didn`t even know what happend before that round. Becouse you joined the round the lr was.

13. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm curious as to why the ban was issued 11 minutes after KomboKing left the server and not when the incident happened.

14. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I don't think you got what I meant

Even if you didn't ask for it, you still took the liberty of being annoying on the microphone
    You can't use Fresh Bread as a means of escaping from the responsibility you took

Enough about that though, I'd advice to wait for a verdict from Downie himself

15. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This is less of a report and more of a "I want out" thread

16. Chale

Chale Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'd suggest to lock this thread before a shitstorm happens.

17. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    And these are more shitposts than actual things to add to the thread.

I dont know if you guys realised by now but there's a lot of valid points on this thread.

First of all let me start off by starfish.

Now this is basically the thread in a whole, why was the ban issued AFTER he left and not while he was on the server.

Secound of all, i would like for ALL of you to look at kombos chatlogs:
    http://stats.f-o-g.eu/player_histories/chat/1695553 Do you see anything racist at all in here?`Because i sure dont, already at that i have another question: If he was banned for insulting and calling out racial slurs, do you have any demos or video recordings of him actually doing so?

Another thing i'd like to ask about aswell, why was he banned after he left when you already were on the server? So you were on the server and heard him do these things why didnt you, first of all. Warn him, THEN mute him, and if he keeps insulting or such over chat THEN ban him.

That's all from me gentlemen.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  18. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The reason why it was after was because there were technical difficulties with the administration making me not able to perform commands, etc. but I still have access to sourcebans. It was over voice and not over text so that's why you cannot find it there. It should be common sense not to use language like that.

19. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    True words that you speak, but there's only one issue really, which I hate to tell you

Because this report is basically from a viewpoint you accusing (therefore banning) Komboking of having spoken ill things on the microphone, and without any evidence it's really hard to make a case out of it.
    After all, we're all innocent unless proven guilty (Imagine a world where people were sent to jail because someone got the first jump on them, accusing them of anything)

20. Dakte

Dakte Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm not defending either of the parties involved but I'm just gonna be that cynical one that has to point out each and everytime I see this that;
    1.; I think you're wrong
    2.; Do you take evidence yourself everytime you ban someone? Or mute or gag or in any way stop someone from talking shit, be it text or voice?
    I mean if people didn't put at least SOME trust in admins why do they even exist, what's their/your purpose? If "Münsterkatt サム" says he (the offender) did something stupid do we immediately have to go after him (the admin) because he didn't bother taking evidence over someone being dumb over microphone?

This of course is all invalid if there's been talk about taking evidence from each and every case there ever was in the admin-section of the forum inwhich my post here is irrelevant and I apologize sincerely.
    I dont think "Münsterkatt サム" did anything wrong here, at all. 11 minutes after he left the server because his commands were fucked up don't matter at all, don't see how that's relevant here. Accidents and malfunctions like this happens, doesn't mean you should just drop the case and leave it simply 'cuz you couldn't do it within 30 seconds after "the act".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.