Rejected [Server ban] Ban Appeal - Krupp

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Krupp, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krupp

Krupp Member

Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: Phereal
    | steam3ID: [U:1:25363628]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:12681814
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985629356
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Phereal
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197985629356
    Type of appeal
    Server ban
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Krupp
    When did it happen?
    04.08.2015 22:23
    What's the specified reason?
    Discrimination against other players. Also a lot of nazism
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    I was permanently banned for "anti-semitism". Now, let's get a few things straight. First of all, anti-semitism is refering to when someone is discriminating jews and being hateful towards them. I don't hate jews. In fact, if my family weren't forcefully baptized to christianity, which was the norm in Sweden back in the days, I would've been a jew too. I'm 25% polish and a couple of my relatives were caught by the nazis. Only one survived Auschwitz. I make no difference to people when I make nasty jokes. I make fun of everything and everyone (even myself). So no, I'm not iscriminating anyone either.

Have you ever heard about self-irony? This is it. You may not like my sense of humour, that's fine, but permanently banning me for "anti-semitism" is quite exaggerated in my opinion.

My name, Krupp, is from ThyssenKrupp - a steel manufactor. They made trucks, helmets and other supplies for the nazis, because, well they didn't have a choice. I've been carrying this name most of the time to mock myself and/or nazis, and generally because it's ugly.

The jews were not the only people who got killed by the nazis, but who cares about the blacks, gypsies, disabled or gay people? 40 million people died - roughly 5-6 million were jews. Stalin was responsible for 60 million deaths, but who cares, it's all about the jews, right? I don't care if people are jews, christian, muslims or buddhists - I don't treat anyone differently. Yes, I am indeed being very disrespectful to people every now
    and then, but I'm no nazi.

I'd like you to point out where I was being hateful towards jews, and where I said I'm supporting the nazis. You can dig in the chatlogs how much you'd like, but you won't find anything. Because there is none. This is called "guilty by association", a classic ad hominem. I never said a single bad word about jews. Period. It was all a tasteless joke with
    no other intention than to make fun of him, because he was waving his hand every time he managed to kill me. No "rage", no hard feelings, no anti-semitism ever crossed my mind. It was a joke that went too far. This is not the first time I've been using controversial names on the servers, as you may be aware of already. Why haven't any admin ever done or said anything about it before? I was mocking Hitler as much as jews with my jokes.

And another thing, speaking about discrimination - people seem to have no trouble making fun of autistic people, not even the admins or the owner of this community seems to be troubled about this. But jesus christ almighty, don't make fun of the poor jews! It's no secret that I am autistic - how
    many reports have I made about that? And have you already forgotten about how I used to be treated on the forums? Well, I sure haven't. Many against one individual - with no chance to defend myself. THAT'S discrimination. I was getting attacked from all directions even when I tried to help or did the right thing. The amount of hypocrisy here is sickening. I claim this is personal. Downie has never liked me. He has been trying to get rid of me several times already, and this was his golden chance. We could have discussed this and come up with a good solution. I'm not completely rotten, even though I know some of you believe so. Permanently is an awful long time for making tasteless jokes, but what do I know. I don't expect this to get anywhere, people will probably just continue discriminating me as you always do in here, but I wanted to give my side of story at least.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  2. Littlemadtiger

Littlemadtiger Forum Police Member

Fortress of Gamers Statistics - Player Chat History

Explain this to me...

Not only with this insulting chat history, but I also looked into all your chat history and found that you were harassing members and just plainly being a dick throughout your server time. I don't care about the history behind the wars and all this crap, I want to know what makes you think that you can get away with saying shit like "heil" and also things like , "an give that one kill jew'll ever get"

Being of Jewish orthodox background myself, this bothers me that you want to go into historical reference to back up your point... Really offensive my friend. Oh, how you got treated on the forums? How sad, I wonder how many Jewish people on the server you may have racially and emotionally effected with your comments.

It would be like me saying I am of Russian background, yet making vodka and communist jokes about Russians. It doesn't make it right either way.

I am not an admin in the community, so my comment may mean nothing. However, I wanted to add my comment here because I have noticed your chat history is quite eye opening for a senior member, someone somewhat well known to the community.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  3. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  4. Krupp

Krupp Member

1) "Being of Jewish orthodox background myself, this bothers me that you want to go into historical reference to back up your point... Really offensive my friend."
    What makes you think that jews are special and deserve any speacial treatment that no other cultural or ethnical group got? Why is everyone making jews look like the only victims in ww2?
    This is why I bring it up, because it pisses me off. 40 million people were murdered or died indirectly by nazi hands, a fraction (yes, a fraction) were jews. I'm not trying extenuate the horrible things they did to jews at all, but I don't think you are special and therefore I won't give you more respect than anyone else.

2) "Not only with this insulting chat history, but I also looked into all your chat history and found that you were harassing members and just plainly being a dick throughout your server time."
    I've never tried to hide the fact that my history is a very rocky road, or that I've been quite nasty to some people. I've always been open with this so there's not much to say about it.
    There is however a problem with when you only look at one person's chatlogs - you don't get the full picture. You'll only see one side of it. What started it? Who was involved? Where the others on the same level? Etc. If a couple of people have a very rough attitude towards each other because they think it's fun, who are you to judge? You don't have to like my sense of humour. I have always had a very dark sense of humour and I personally think that you can make jokes about everything. People are too easily offended by bullshit from some random dude on the internet in my opinion.

3) "I want to know what makes you think that you can get away with saying shit like "heil" and also things like , "an give that one kill jew'll ever get"
    The word "heil" has actually nothing to do with nazis. It's roughly translated to "salvation" - reference to when he killed me and taunted. Evidently bad timing to use that word under these circumstances. "I can give that one kill jew'll ever get" - this was just very poorly typed from my side. What I meant to say was "I can give you that one kill jew'll ever get, for free" but I accidently hit Enter before I was finished with the sentence. Also a reference to when he killed me.

It would be quite odd if I was actually supporting the people who killed my own family. No, I'm not that sadistic. I never (actually) said a single bad word about jews. There were some references to a crazy, narcissistic man with doubtful visions, but I (probably) despice him as much as you do. My intentions were not to discriminate or being hateful towards anyone. It was one of my sick jokes that unfortunately got way too far. I never meant to hurt anyone. My sincerest apologies to each and every person who feel affected by what I said or did.

5. Littlemadtiger

Not only were you targeting Jews, but targeting other people to, as seen in your chat history. Thus why your ban info is classified as "discrimination against other players".

-An example being, " What would you Israelis know about sharing? :p "

If you want to continue your racism, join the military. The internet is meant for people of all ages, and that's why this community set these rules in place my friend.

"I can give you that one kill jew'll ever get, for free" - You do realize your still referencing the Jewish people by saying "jew'll"?

6. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You know it's wrong, so why even try starting about sensitive topics such as these?

However I still think you bring some valid points to the table.
    Saying you treat everyone equally is a quality to admire.
    Being a flaming dickwad is not.

7. Dakte

Dakte Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh cool I didn't know the swedish military were all racist by default. That's so cool how you generalized all those people like that, nice. I love the irony in this post.
    Dumbest shit I've seen in a while.
    On the other hand, Krupp why do you even bother, like can you even sense a possibility that you're gonna get unbanned? Starfish pretty much summed it all up, there's just no way.
    Nothing personal, but, like, you done fucked up.

8. Littlemadtiger

Fair point to add about that. But in no way did I refer to the Swedish military. I was meaning to say USMC (united states marine corps) because of my own experience being there. And believe me, a good majority of racism occurs in a lot of military places, when referring to enemy soldiers. It's not all strictness and building fine soldiers.

9. Littlemadtiger

Sorry if I may off come off as referring to the Swedish military.

10. Krupp

Krupp Member

Israel and Palestine have been fighting over a piece of land for ages....hence the sharing part. Only because I didn't mention the Palestines it doesn't mean I hate Israel. Since when is Judaism a race? How am I discriminating someone if I treat everyone equally "bad"? The internet as we know it today is a water-downed, filtered and controlled network of information. Google and Yahoo (among others) have filtered estimated 80% of the indexed information, because they don't want us to know exactly how ugly this world really is. I understand some places need rules to work out, but censorship is never a good solution in my opinion. Ironic, I used to be in the navy.
    I think it's called "different point of view". There might be some wiki about that, but I doubt it. Morality is not a scientifically objective topic. If someone has told you the opposite, that person is a idiot.

You're correct, I never sensed even the slightest possibility about getting unbanned. I just wanted to clarify a few things. I'm done now. Thank you and goodbye.

11. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just wondering, would you like to appeal or are you already done with it?

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    He seems to be done. He's just unlinked his steam from his forum account.

13. chickpoint

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I know that, just need to make sure he is done. I am assigned to this ban appeal, so won't just assume things. If I get no answer in 2 weeks then I will close and mark this as invalid.

14. Chale

Chale Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I see that this appeal has some valid things but why would anyone even talk randomly about such stuff, you insulted others too so I just don't know about the verdict so we'll wait for others to decide.

15. chickpoint

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    At first I want to say you have failed to answer in the given ultimatum. Hereby your ban appeal is declined. You are welcome to appeal again if you want it but keep the next thinks in mind.

I know you are fully aware of our rules on our servers and Nazism and things related to it are a very sensitive subject. The jokes are plain tasteless and should never have been made, you should know better. Also our servers are located in Germany which makes Nazism even a more sensitive subject with all laws against it.

In your current appeal I haven’t seen any signs or remorse or any explaining why your comments would be justified. The only thing I see is people showing off they got the best historical knowledge. This is not what the ban appeal is about. Next time please state why you want to appeal and why we should remove the ban on you.

Currently I am handling your report since you made some enemies with the people on management, so to give you a fair chance they asked me to handle it. But please note on yourself that enemies won’t suddenly drop out of the sky and please reflect it at yourself. Why do you have them as enemy and what can you do about it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.