Accepted [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - TheBestAround S>[email protected]

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by TheBestAround, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBestAround

TheBestAround Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: TheBestAround
    | steam3ID: [U:1:40714181]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:20357090
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000979909
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/andriko1
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198000979909
    Type of appeal
    SteamRep tag removal/downgrade
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    TheBestAround S>[email protected]
    When did it happen?
    about 40 days ago
    What's the specified reason?
    Traded with scammer alt and price manipulation
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    Sorry for not answering sooner, had a lot of complications in life.

I don't believe I traded with Garry when he was banned, as his tf2outpost ads were closed 5 months ago, and the trade occured in January, meaning he was banned a month later. I did however once trade with a scammer, I don't know his name, maybe it was Garry and he was banned for scamming instead at the time, and sirploko from tf2outpost then warned me about it.

I remember buying that samureye on a trade server, it was from a private profile, but someone who was always active on the server, I knew him quite well and he was not a scammer, so I trusted him when I traded.

The brown bomber I don't remember who I sold it to, but a LOT of scammers added me. I'm pretty sure I was very careful with that one. The hound dog...I figured out later I traded with a scammer.

My tf2outpost ban I have not been able to appeal, sirploko/garry think that I have an alt(shown if you look up my profile on tf2outpost). That is my girlfriend's sister's account(steamid:gamer99131), so sometimes she has logged on at my house, and I've logged on at hers, and items have went back and forth, but as presents/borrowing items, the same is with my girlfriend's account(steamid:lululuvsyou). They each have an alt, my girlfriend's alt was used for playing killing floor at lower levels without resetting perks(not sure if you play but if you did you'd understand) and her sister's alt is just some account she never uses anymore. I have no alternate accounts whatsoever. I don't know what makes them so certain, because if they did enough research looking at patterns of playing games, they are very different. How am I supposed to play binding of isaac, and 2 instances of csgo across 3 accounts all at the same time??? it makes no sense(btw (steamid:lululuvsyou) plays killing floor and binding of isaac a lot, and (steamid:gamer99131) plays csgo and l4d2 almost exclusively. I play mostly csgo and dota 2.

When I tried appealing for this ban Garry pretty much ignored what I said and declined my appeal, preventing me from contacting him through the website anymore. He then further ignored my emails.

If I forgot to cover something or if you have any questions please do contact me. I'd like to start trading in csgo and this is really holding me back.

2. TheBestAround

TheBestAround Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    We all traded tf2 items until we got banned(her sister got banned for price manipulation, she's young and didn't understand what she was doing basically). My girlfriend and I got banned at around the same time for being accused of being her alts. This also doesn't fit because we all had different trading patterns. I'd like to think I was a lot more successful, and my girlfriend basically traded pans and other small items in bulk amounts with some bot website(I forgot the name of it) and with people on outpost, almost exclusively too. When my girlfriend's sister was banned she gave her items to me to trade because I was interested in trading and my girlfriend didn't want to do big trades(my girlfriend also gave me keys/buds a lot to buy unusuals and trade for her).

I don't know how else to better back up the whole alt account price manipulation part other than having a video with us 3 explaining our situation, and showing screenshots of conversations with the tf2outpost admins.

3. Littlemadtiger

Littlemadtiger Forum Police Member

http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/5820-76561198000979909-thebestaround-s-keys-1-75-a.html

Here's the problem. You did this more than once, and didn't learn from the first time you did it. Whether the story checks out about the alt account, I really don't know nor have proof of it, which leads me only to go off the evidence provided in the link. $800 dollars + noncooperation with administrators, doesn't exactly seem like the story here. If you can post a video, i'm not sure what good that will do, but maybe it will help in your case.

But, you should always be advised when trading marked scammers. Always check their steamrep status, before you even consider trading with the person involved. Whether your deepest friends say they are trust able, checking will save your reputation as a trader.

I'm not a person of any authority on the forums by the way. However, this is just my sole opinion on this topic, provided from your story and also from the report about you and your alt account. (Until your story checks out, I will not refer to it as your "girlfriend's sister's account).

4. TheBestAround

TheBestAround Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It's a lot more complicated than just checking steamrep. The whole noncooperation was me being busy :| I said I'd get around to it and I did, fully knowing the consequences that it'd probably take a really long time for the admins to even look back at this thread, however I do not believe that to be a point against me...

Anyways, I always checked steamrep when I traded but it was updated after I traded one of them. Afaik my only fault was trading with private profiles based on trust through friendships and checking history. If it's any help I started blocking any private profile who adds me to repel future trades with scammers.

5. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  6. Tio José das Vacas

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  7. TheBestAround

TheBestAround Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thanks for the notification on steam, much needed haha

8. Tio José das Vacas

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.