Accepted [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - Pie

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Pie, Jun 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pie

Pie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep BlockType of appeal
    Server ban
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Pie
    When did it happen?
    March 6th 2015
    What's the specified reason?
    A fake skial admin group
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    I was invited to a group one day and without knowing anything I just clicked join. I then was granted admin. I thought ok, doesn't matter since I never did anything with the group and I got a free admin. Later I find out from a friend that I have been banned and I was confused why. I then read the names and one of those names on that list was a guy who tried to scam me. I have evidence he tried scamming me. I have never scammed somebody, since I believe it is wrong. I was unaware that the group was a Fake Skial Admin group.
    Thank you for your time,
    MossiPie

Attached Files:

2. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  3. Itsy Bitsy

Itsy Bitsy Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    while you are still in that group...

4. Pie

Pie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ill check that out, I was pretty sure I left it after I saw that I got banned for joining a group.

5. Pie

Pie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    BTW, you were correct, my bad entirely. I just left it, sorry about that. D:

6. Littlemadtiger

Littlemadtiger Forum Police Member

The only problem I have is that someone who was affiliated with this group, said the same exact thing, as you see here: http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/6737-steamrep-tag-removal-downgrade-ban-appeal-toxicturtl3gaming.html

So, I have a tough time believing "I didn't know anything". There have been many attempts by many steam users to warn others not to join groups without knowing what the intention of the group is. You should always look into a group first.

Now as far as the scam goes, I have no comment.

Now, I am no decision maker here. My opinion is about as meaningless as anything. But, a couple group members have already tried the same thing and have been denied. Whether your truly sorry or not, will point towards your past/future actions.

7. Pie

Pie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I am sorry you feel this way, but I accept your opinion and the only reason I copied the same thing was because I accidentally screwed up on the last one and didn't check up on it. I normally private my profile when going on vacation and didn't know they needed to see my profile unprivated. Again, thank you for your opinion and taking the time to reply to this. And honestly until I got banned on steamrep, I had no idea of half the groups I was in. I have made several threads and tickets on steam about being hacked or scammed. I actually never even knew I was banned until I started to try trading up some items. The first person I came upon wouldn't trade with me due to steamrep ban. I am not friends with anyone in that group and I always accepted everything that came my way, invitation wise. I now have unfriended multiple people and left many groups I do not know what they are. I honestly did believe I left that skial admins group below. Also, I believe strongly with the innocent till proven guilty. I understand where you come from though with having a tough time believing things. I am new to this part of steam with trading and stuff. It is new to me. I get people don't want to believe, I understand that. I won't say I am an honest guy either, since everyone lies. I would be lying if I said I was 100% honest, I would be lying if I said I was extremely truthful. It isn't use trying to make you believe me, it's only useful to laying down the facts and let people think what they want. I can say what I want, you don't have to believe me. I can go on about me telling the truth and that I am truthful, but almost nobody is truthful (except jack bauer). I can say I am sorry, but that doesn't change anything, because only first impressions matter, and this ban was not a great first impression. It is, in the end up to you guys, who have already made their decision before reading most things. All I can say is I am sorry and thank you for taking your time to read this. And on the other hand, thank you littlemadtiger for taking your time to express your feelings towards what I have done.
    -Pie

8. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  9. Pie

Pie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  10. Pie

Pie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh, sorry I didn't read that correctly I thought you were talking to the previous ban appeal I sent in that got denied due to not being at my computer to unprivate my profile. All I can say is that I am pushing harder towards fixing an accident on my part. He didn't show he cared too much about fixing the problem. I care a lot about this. 1. Because I need to fix my mistakes. You can never fix all your mistakes, but I try to with every one I make.2. Because I was just about to get into this side of steam/csgo. I didn't know him, so maybe he did care, but if he did he did not express it. Also my previous ban appeal was sent out before his appeal that got denied. This is hard to defend since this only going off what others believe. So I won't go on about believing since it is your choice.

11. Pie

Pie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I have made another mistake when making this thread. I didn't know the difference between server ban and steamrep tag removal/downgrade. After reading that thread I see its steamrep tag removal/downgrade. My bad, is there any way to fix that? Also, I have changed my name over the few years I've had steam. From mossiknights, to mossi, to nipple, to mossiknights, to mossi, to some Rust roleplay names, to nipple, to mossipie, to pie. I have changed my name quite a bit, but all I can hope is none of the admins names have had the same name as me. Now it is a hoping game.

12. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Downie@Downie @Ninja Otter@Ninja Otter

You don't have any names in your current name history that would result in a ban.
    Please see: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198073911839/namehistory

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  13. Pie

Pie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    How do I contact them?

Those names were used for probably a day at most as inside jokes with friends. Mostly from doing 5-man queues with friends. I guess my old long term names have gone away. Sorry bout that. How far back to name histories go?

[EDIT] I did a google search, only past ten names. Sorry about not being able to prove those other names I had. I think I have a picture from a while back though. Let me check.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  14. Pie

Pie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    when I had a caiman.PNG

If you look my name is nipple in this picture. I kept the picture because I wanted to remember my first pink skin that I sold for keys and got blues D:
    As for the other names I can't really prove besides mossiknights since that is my steam name in the top right corner of all my steam pictures. It was my starting name.

15. Pie

Pie Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Any idea when the decision would be made about this appeal?

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just be patient, an administrator will take care of it in time.

17. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Appeal Granted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.