Accepted [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - λngelღмander

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by λngelღмander, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. λngelღмander

λngelღмander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: λngelღмander
    | steam3ID: [U:1:133526549]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:66763274
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198093792277
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AngelMander
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198093792277
    Type of appeal
    SteamRep tag removal/downgrade
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    λngelღмander
    When did it happen?
    3/3/2015
    What's the specified reason?
    Trading with marked/obvious scammers
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    It's been a long time, and I've been doing my best to avoid trading with scammers again. I recently moved to CS:GO trading, and I've diligently looked at the hours, steamrep reputation, and account age of everyone I've traded with. In lieu of my caution here, I became somewhat active in reporting scammers. I report scammers I come across while trading, and some at the behest of my friends. I started a weekly newsletter on the Backpack.tf Forums, I put a couple of hours a week into that. I just want to convey that the TF2 community is still something I'm very interested in being a part of. (The Backpack.tf Newsletter - General Discussion - backpack.tf forums)

I was pretty new to the trading scene when the trades occurred, all things considered, and I just didn't know any better. I haven't made any trades with scammers or scammer alts since my caution, and I don't plan to. It is also worthy of mention that I had no prior warnings for trading with scammers. My ban on outpost was my very first, past one behavioral ban. I knew that trading with scammers was against the rules, I just didn't realize that the accounts were scammer alts. I had no idea how SteamRep worked, and I just figured that they would be marked if they were scammers.

The following google document is the document I provided on my original report detailing the trades and the scammers at the time of trade.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OWLjobo_1E7gyXfrSTntjrMoUegxgO4hXpJM7sG4t7M/edit

I just want to finally remove this caution, and be free of the mistakes of my past.

2. ForteSP

ForteSP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Given this user's activity and the fact that they never had an official warning (about the amount of effort they should use to check scammer alts) prior to getting the permanent outpost ban (and the fact that these trades leading to that ban, resulted in this caution, 7+ months after they were even made). It would make sense logically to offer the one time downgrade, I leave this comment here because I was the one who reported him, so I have a unique situational opinion.

3. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Downie@Downie will need to handle this appeal.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  4. λngelღмander

λngelღмander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm in no hurry to have the appeal accepted, but I'm going on vacation today, which means I'll have very limited (if any) access to a computer for the next five days. Since Downie just added me on steam on the 10th, which is 2 days ago now, I'm assuming the report will soon come to a close. I don't want to be away when Downie wants to talk to me, so I would ask that you guys hurry, unless you would like to wait until I am back which is fine with me.

Thanks

5. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hey mate.
    Wanted to finish the appeal yesterday, yet I miss planned my planning somewhere. I will be going on a vacation tomorrow as well so we will finish this when we both get back from our vacations.

6. λngelღмander

λngelღмander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Okay, thank you for the response, talk to you soon

7. λngelღмander

λngelღмander Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Some family died in another state, I'll be leaving to a place without internet to attend a funeral today, in about four hours. I will be back on saturday or sunday.

Unless you guys want to handle the appeal now, I'll see you on the weekend.

8. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Your appeal have been granted.
    Please be more careful in the future.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Legacy Trade Moderator).**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.