Rejected [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - Newb. |R♣H| afk

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Newb. |R♣H| afk, Jun 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newb. |R♣H| afk

Newb. |R♣H| afk Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: Newb.
    | steam3ID: [U:1:123153184]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:61576592
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198083418912
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/NewbJumper
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198083418912
    Type of appeal
    SteamRep tag removal/downgrade
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Newb. |R♣H| afk
    When did it happen?
    March 28th, 2015
    What's the specified reason?
    Back in January, I traded a guy named C+ for his Circling TF Logo BoA. I thought it was a good deal on my part (upgrading to an all-class 1st Gen effect) so I did the trade. When I looked at the history afterwards (I forgot to check the history beforehand to see if it's duped or not) and I noticed that I just traded with a marked scammer.
    It was when I got my Cloudy Moon Kabuto that I noticed that I was banned from TF2OP (Not perm, but I can't remember how long) and Backpack.tf (Not perm, but I also can't remember how long)
    Another couple of trades with scammers, and in comes the perma ban from TF2OP.
    I didn't really care about the TF2OP ban, but since I was quitting TF2, I wanted to sell my unusuals. In the end, I gave them to my broker ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068088314 ) to sell, he put them on Outpost, and got a perma ban for brokering for me. Keep in mind he got banned before I got a SteamRep scammer tag, not after.
    What I did care about was SteamRep Caution, and then the SteamRep Scammer Tag, because that caused me to lose my position as a Darkly Gaming Network (DGN) Staff Member ( ACCEPTED - Darkly TF2 Mod App - Newb | DARKLY Gaming Network ) (Gatherix didn't remove me of my status, though I did notify almost every other staff member I could get in touch with, my position as a Raffle House ( |R♣H| ) raffler/supervisor ( http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rafflehousetf2# ) (Hatch told me not to make any player interactions for now, until I get the tag off)
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    I'd like to get the tag off not only to get unbanned from every SteamRep associated/affiliated websites and servers (Backpack.tf, and Darkly mainly), but to get my job back at Darkly, and go back to making price suggestions for Backpack.tf.
    Both communities are basically my life, and without either of them, I'm bored, and feel a bit empty inside. I've made lots of friends from Darkly, and gained lots of knowledge of the economy from Backpack.tf.
    I still care about my previous life, and I would love to have it back. If you accept my appeal, I promise to be the best person I can be.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You seem to have been an unusual trader with knowledge about SteamRep, and all that good stuff that comes with unusual trading. How come you didn't check SR for these trades?

3. Newb. |R♣H| afk

Newb. |R♣H| afk Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It's my fault for not checking their rep before completing the trades, I know. I never check people's rep though because I just look at their Steam profile to see if they are an obvious scammer or not. (A very poor and unrealistic excuse, but it's what I do.)
    After my foolish mistakes, I have added the SteamRep extension to Chrome, as well as have rep.tf as part of my "open on start" tabs to prevent me from trading with another scammer again.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm just a bit surprised, as you did at one point or another own several unusuals, including some rather expensive ones, namely a scorching attendant. Would think you'd have been making use of those tools you mentioned above.

5. oozymrbunbun

oozymrbunbun Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm not a moderator or an expert of appeal rules on FoG, but I know for a fact on Steamrep that they won't even look at your appeal if your alt has a private profile/inventory, so if you really want the admins/moderators of FoG to believe that you will really quit trading with scammers, I recommend you unprivate your alt.

6. ForteSP

ForteSP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That's not true. I've seen appeals accepted when people have private alts...

7. oozymrbunbun

oozymrbunbun Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  8. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    - Your Account has to be fully public ('friends only'/'users only' is not sufficient).
    Please see: http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/3456-scammer-tag-appeal.html

Also, OP has already fully un-privatized everything, so stop going on about it.

9. Newb. |R♣H| afk

Newb. |R♣H| afk Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    My alt was in private.
    I'll unprivate it now, thanks for letting me know.

10. Newb. |R♣H| afk

Newb. |R♣H| afk Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just a quick question, what else could I do to prove that I have learned my lesson?
    Not to attempt to speed up this appeal process, but to show I can try to mend my mistakes.

11. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Under Investigation. Please add me.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Legacy Trade Moderator).**

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  12. Newb. {ALT}

Newb. {ALT} Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I will add you from my alt since my account got locked by Steam when I was about to get hijacked.

13. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello @Newb. {ALT}@Newb. {ALT}, due to your due to your position on darkly, your decision to give your items to your friend so he could sell them for you (brokering) since you where banned on OP and about to receive a Tag and the several trades you made with scammer alts/marked scammers- I'm going to deny this appeal.
    To conclude you should known better, you had the proper knowledge, you either simply decided to neglect it or just "forget" it. You may re-appeal in 6 months-pending no issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.