Accepted [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - Pellet

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Pellet, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellet

Pellet Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: Pellet
    | steam3ID: [U:1:265603992]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:132801996
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198225869720
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pellet7
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198225869720
    Type of appeal
    SteamRep tag removal/downgrade
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Pellet
    When did it happen?
    9/8/2015
    What's the specified reason?Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    In the beginning, I want to tell that I have permission to post it before the 4 week timespan from user called Downie. Now it's time to hear out my part of the story. I'm new to Steam, I don't understand how it works yet, but I'm trying to do my best. I want to find some new friends, that's why I'm helping random people on Steam if I can. While I was trading, I bumped into thejellydude. I thought that he is regular Steam user. We had a nice conversation about politics, economy etc. After short period of time, he told me that he has "some game-financial problems" and that he wants to sell me few games. I told him that I'm not interested in them, but he can sell them on tf2outpost, trading site. He told me that he doesn't have enough time to post new threads and that he's kinda shy guy. I laughed. He asked me If I could find someone who could buy it from him. I told him, that I can do that. I didn't see anything wrong about it, because I didn't know he was marked as a scammer on Steamrep. I didn't even know I can check it, because I didn't know about existing sites like SteamRep, FoG etc. As I said, I'm new and I just didn't know they exist. When I met ForteSP, I told her/him (I don't know if it's a woman or a man) that I know one guy who can sell him/her Super MNC gifts vs 1 scrap each and I posted trade-offer link of thejellydude in the chat window. ForteSP told me that he/she is confused. I didn't know why. ForteSP asked me if I could get the gifts from my friend. I couldn't, because I barely knew the man and I couldn't ask him to give me his gifts; that would be rude. I got irritated and asked ForteSP why she/he can't send him an offer. ForteSP explained that he/she doesn't know him and can't trade with unknown person. I didn't know how to reply. Of course, he/she couldn't know him, because it's stranger. I explained that he's a shy guy and that's why I'm representing him. I told the truth, because thejellydude claimed, that he is shy. ForteSP told me that he is a scammer. I got confused. How can it be? How can she/he know about this? She/he doesn't know him, so she/he can't tell if he's scammer or not. I told ForteSP that he/she can get each Super MNC vs scrap each and that there is no way to get scammer via trade offer link. ForteSP told me once again, that thejellydude is a scammer. She/he gave me mysterious link to the SR site. I clicked on it, opened it and noticed big, red tag SCAMMER. I was very surprised. I thought that thejellydude is a normal guy, not a scammer. I realised that I did something bad (brokering for scammer) but couldn't change the past in any way. It was done. I told ForteSP, that if she/he doesn't want to buy anything from thejellydude, it's fine to me and that it's his/her choice. I explained that I just wanted to help him/her in finding seller. I felt stupid and embarrassed, so I apologized her/him and told him/her to forget about whole situation. I said goodbye and removed her/him from my friendlist. After that I asked thejellydude why he didn't tell me that he has ban on SR. He told me that he forgot about it because it was long time ago and apologized me. I think it's not enough, considering that I got ban on tf2outpost and I got marked as a broker of the scammer on SR. I want to apologize for my unwise actions. I realise, that I did something bad, but I didn't do it on purpose. I didn't realise he was a scammer. If I did, I wouldn't do it, because I don't like scammers myself. I hope that you'll understand my hard situation and that you'll give me the second chance. Thank you for reading all of this.

Attached Files:

2. ForteSP

ForteSP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    One thing... Where did you see the big red tag SCAMMER? To me it looks like it says BANNED. The big red SCAMMER is something that has been gone for well over a year and look at that TheJellyDude has been tagged for 1,300 days. http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198007698230 The fact that you know of SteamREP having shown SCAMMER in big letters at one point proves you were aware of steamrep and the old versions of tags.

I'd argue now that you are an alternate account of the user in question, using a brand spanking new IP address to hide yourself.

Other than that I'd say he's pretty close to having the whole story. I only skimmed it but it seemed to match up with the story I gave and the screenshots I supplied.

3. Pellet

Pellet Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, I founded out about existing of this site in the moment you (ForteSP) gave me it, so no, I didn't use it before. How can I prove that I'm not him? You can check that my IP is different and I'm not him. If you know any Valve employee you can ask him if we have the same IP, and he will tell you that it's different. He's living in USA, I'm living in Poland. You can ask me about anything. I don't know why I saw SCAMMER tag, now it's BANNED tag instead. I'm not blind and I know what I saw. It was SCAMMER and now it's BANNED. But back to the case. Why would I risk losing my reputation (brokering for scammer) for Super MNC worth 1 scrap? It makes no sense. Plus, ForteSP, if you're such meticulous person, why didn't you add me back for a second? You could ask me if I knew what I was doing before you reported me. I'm new to Steam and believe me or not, but I don't know how to use all Steam options, so sites like SteamRep or FoG are like black magic for me, something new and different. I wouldn't do anything for thejellydude if I knew that he's scammer. Read our conversation once again.Can you see the moment (12:54 PM) I realised that I made mistake? I ended up our little conversation and apologized to you. I wasn't convincing you to trade with him after that, because I knew that it's something bad and I shouldn't have done it. I did not offend you in any way even when I got tf2outpost ban, because I'm just NOT bad person. I want to solve this problem like normal human being. I want my old reputation back. I lost it because of my one stupid action. I helped thejellydude, unconsciously that he's a scammer. I regret it, but I can't change the past. I just hope you'll give me the second chance. I promise I'd be more careful next time, considering that now I know about existing of this site and I can use it.

4. Bomber Rat

Bomber Rat Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I kinda have to agree with Pellet here, it's a 1 scrap game and he seems new to steam, I don't think it really is fair to caution him over 1 SCRAP.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  6. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  7. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Do you have any alt accounts? Or any accounts that might share the same internet as you, if so please link them below.

8. Pellet

Pellet Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  9. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm going to accept this appeal.
    For starters: the items involved were worthless, no scammer can ever really profit from selling a few scrap worth of items.
    And finally, the guy just linked Forte the marked user's trade offer link saying "my friend has the items you're looking for" basically, that isn't that uncommon a thing for friends to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.