Rejected [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - BiigMacINeedADoubleCheeseBuerger

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by BigMac, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: BiigMacINeedADoubleCheeseBuerger
    | steam3ID: [U:1:65240586]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:32620293
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025506314
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198025506314
    Type of appeal
    SteamRep tag removal/downgrade
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    BiigMacINeedADoubleCheeseBuerger
    When did it happen?
    06.06.2015, 15:15
    What's the specified reason?
    high-value trade
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    Alts: 76561198122285827 | 76561198171676945 | 76561198118450759 (mostly used by nephews, shouldn't be much hours on them) They should never have been private.

As per SteamRep rules regarding this issue I should not have a banned marking.

SteamRep rules are clear in the following (I have pasted the relevant parts)

First offense:

Item/Game trades: You will receive a one-time warning for any high-value item or game trade with a BANNED account or an obvious scammer

Important Notes:​

Ultimately, if it's very clear you were purposely trying to profit from scammed or stolen items, you deserve a BANNED tag at admin discretion.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

You have marked me outside of SteamRep rules.

- As for a first offense the rules state that I will receive a one-time warning. This issue was my first offense.

- SteamRep was down during the trade period, I have been told I should have looked at a cache but it's not something I was aware I had to do, thought to do it and even if I did there is no guarantee that it is accurate.

- I did not try to profit from scammed or stolen items and this is evident by the value of the items I had traded, yes I received a burning pullover at ~ $3000 but I had given up more in value than I had received. In my SR report I had shown how I had paid a lot more than the value of the burning Pullover. It should be very clear that I had not traded it for the sake of profit.

Please don't look to take up assumptions and if you have any questions let me know and I will answer them, I will show you a live viewing of my complete trading history which spans 5 years. I am legit and have always been legit.

2. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As SR have stated, the chances of SR being offline for more than 10 minutes was highly unlikely, and with trades of that value I doubt you didn't waif until it was back online, plus you had him added an entire day before the trade took place, surely you would have checked to make sure that he wasn't a scammer when discussing trades this big. Also, when the value is extremely high and the trader is experienced we are allowed to give full bans, and before doing so we spoke to SR admins for their opinion.
    Because of this your ban is completely justified and therefore your appeal is rejected. However feel free to reappeal in 3 months and we will consider downgrading the ban to a caution.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
  3. BigMac

BigMac Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hi Ninja,

You are assuming please don't assume.

There are many variables into why SR could have been down for me, I am in Australia and it's pretty common for it to be down for me.

No I didn't check, I tend to only check before a trade is done. We hadn't discussed it for long before the trade was completed so it wasn't like we were going back and forth all day. He initially added me to discuss another trade.

I will be appealing this to SteamRep.

4. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Appealing it at steamrep won't work, they will mark it as invalid and forward you to us.

Also locking this thread since Ninja gave a verdict.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.