Accepted [Server ban] Ban Appeal - zefeel

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by zefeel, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep BlockType of appeal
    Server ban
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    zefeel
    When did it happen?
    23.05.2015 19:04
    What's the specified reason?
    Racism
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    First of all, let me get this perfectly clear: I am not racist in any way, I adore other cultures and their people, no matter their skin color, their religion or their ethnicity. At the 23.05.2015 at around 19:04 I have been banned for saying the word "nigger", which in itself is no indication that the person is racist. I would firstly like to give some context. I joined the trade server to trade, when I noticed a certain player named Wolf, bashing on another player called Swag 0.o, because of his heritage. This Swag person was russian or eastern eurpoean, as you could hear is accent. The swag person said "trade me please" over the mic multiple times, with Wolf responding "shut the fuck up". I tried to ignore it, but after the 3. time of swag reqeusting someone to trade with im and Wolf continuing to say "shut the fuck up" now over mic with a comment that was racist in itself, I decided to step in. I told Wolf to shut up himself and leave the swag person alone. As I expected, Wolf started to attack me and my german heritage, and I told him that he himself is a "disgusting brit", which in a way he is for his racism against the swag guy and the russian people. Things got a bit out of hand I admit, but all I wanted is to defend the Swag person who couldn't defend himself because of his lack of english. As me and Wolf argued, I saw pop ups like "settle down" or "thats enough", however, I had no way of knowing these were targeted at me because there was no "wolf and zefeel stop" or "wolf and zefeel settle it down". As this Wolf person continued to spit on germany and its people, I told him he should fuck off and that there is no reason to be proud of being a brit, since they colonized most of africa and destroyed hundreds of cultures. This is when the word "nigger" slipped, and without any warning whatssoever I was banned for "racism", even though I am not, I have plenty of black friends and I love other cultures as I already stated. I feel like this is unjust a perma ban for a single word is nonsense. If I said "niggers are inferiror" or "Niggers are not human" then I'd see a permaban in action and I would not doubt it, but this in my opinion is just unjust, and I will not stand up for it.

2. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I didnt witnessed how the whole thing started, but what I witnessed was simply, that Wolf asked you where you're from, because you said to him "you sound like >something< brit"(I dont remember what exactly you said), you answered then with germany.

Then I already had the predictions where this will lead to, and simply used the /csay command - knowing as completly annoying because it is in the middle of the screen - to warn you both to stop.

The beef between you went deeper, this time I used @"Text", so my message will appear in the chat, in green, so everyone has an eye on it, saying "I suggest both of you to calm down"
    Wolf noticed it, he even said it on the Mic and went defensive, ofcourse he insulted you too, and ofcourse that wasn't nice as well, I'd prbly have done the same with the insults you threw out.

I also didn't witness Wolf insulting germany/insulting you because you're german

He did mention something with the WW though, but I didn't think of it as an insult.

I don't know how it started nor do I know what Wolf did, I wasnt there when it started, I can't punish people for things I did not witness. So I am also basically not sure if you are lying here,
    And why would I think that you lie?
    Please, you said you joined the server for trading, sorry, not believing.
    I also don't believe that you thought that my warnings werent directed to the both parties.

But let's say, all this is true..

You were also an admin, as far I know, you should have known better, or? Instead of typing /report and simply wait - no, why not leading the case out of hand

sorry for any typo.

3. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I see that I made a mistake, but perhaps a gag or kick would have been more appropriate, instead I have been permanently banned for dropping the N-word. And Incase you don't believe me that I joined for trading, you can watch my chatlog right here Fortress of Gamers Statistics - Player Chat History which shows that I just joined for trading purposes.

4. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You were banned for the whole racist thing, I didnt ask to calm down because I invited you to my teaparty, obviously. The N-word just gave me the rest, you just ignoring my "request".

5. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm sorry but perhaps you could show or tell me where I have been racist before? I did not say ANYTHING regarding race, I was defending a player who was being harassed by Wolf, as an Admin you should have stepped in but you continued to let him shout like a retard over the mic, so I stepped in, told him to shut up, and said ONE word which may not be politically correct and I have been banned for racism.

6. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Please, read carefully, I said that I was not there the moment your beef started, I did not witness Wolf harassing a player, I only witnessed the beef between you and wolf, starting with you saying "You sound like a >something< brit"

I stepped in between you both, 2 times.
    The first time you both ignored me.
    The second time, Wolf went defensive and you went on.

7. zefeel

zefeel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    To clarify, I said "you sound like a disgusting british person". Also, you didn't answer my question about the part where I was racist yet.

8. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    "go back to your colony with your sand nigger slaves"
    "filthy brit"

Wasn't racist enough?

9. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    We've solved the issue in private, for any questions regarding his unban, I'll be free to answer.

@n0name@n0name

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.