Rejected [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - Klangelele

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Klangelele, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klangelele

Klangelele Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: Klangelele
    | steam3ID: [U:1:51173103]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:25586551
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011438831
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/klangaN
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198011438831
    Type of appeal
    SteamRep tag removal/downgrade
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Klangelele
    When did it happen?
    4 days ago
    What's the specified reason?
    Impersonating a well known middleman, by other words, impersonating with the intent to defraud.
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    Hi! My name is Anton, and im currently banned for what you call impersonating a middleman. Thats why im writing here today, since I think I need to be given a second chance!

I didnt scam anyone! But I admit that I tried to. I tried to scam because a guy in my school was always talking about how he used to scam people so he could get money to hes bank account and use them in "real life". I got blind for what this can do to people and I tried once and after we talked about trading he
    confront me and told me I was a scammer, that was the first time I sat down and just thinking about what feeling I could have given that gamer. I was feeling really bad, since the guy I spoke with told me things like " are your proud of being the man you are? Are you proud of scamming people who had paid real money for this items." and so on. It made me feel really bad, so after this chat, I stopped, I didnt try again, Never!

I coulnt find the "rule" that show thats its illegal to impersonat a middleman so if you could link them to me so I can read them I would be very pleased.

// Anton​

2. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You attempted to scam someone which is still scamming.
    If you attempt to rob a store, you're still robbing.

You should have thought twice.

3. Klangelele

Klangelele Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well if you attempt to murder someone and you dont succed its not murder..

Dont compare that dude..

So You should have thought twice.

Scamattempt and scamming is a big diffrence

4. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Still. You tried to steal from somebody and you got what you deserved. Murdering and Robbing
    is completely different.

5. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Since I'm bored and got a computer at school, I did some googling, and came across a good document to read. The tl:dr is that even if you did not get the chance to go through with it, you had the intents to, and were commited to doing it. And should be punished accordingly.

A prospective robber enter a bank, goes to a window, hands over a threatening note and exhibits a toy pistol. A guard sees the "weapon" and immediately intervenes. The robbery is aborted.

But as we have seem to agreed upon, still an attempt at robbery.

What I think you need to recognize is that any kind of attempt or completetion of "criminal" behaviour can't be tolerated and should therefore attract punishment. Though, that said, whether it is correct for all attempts to receive the equivalent punishment as a full offence is a subjective issue which is up for discussion...

6. Klangelele

Klangelele Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Sure I did, but that thing you compared with was just stupid and unvalid..

I have admitted that I tried?
    So you will not be able to give a second chance? Since who did I harm? The guy I tried to scam harmed me more than i harmed him.. So I have learned the leason?
    I also told you guys that I didnt try to scam anyone after that.. Like I said, I think we all maybe someday will need a second chance when it comes to things, You, me, everyone will be needed a second chance!

THX

7. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In my opinion the case with the bankrobber was a completely valid comparison, you both tried to steal but got caught and stopped.

I believe I will answer that with a quote from your original post that started this thread.

8. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Rejecting this, you even admitted to trying to scam. It would be ever so slightly different if you'd just changed your name then immediately changed it back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.