Archived 76561198026967134 (ᴾᴬᴺ That Spu) #OnVacation

Discussion in 'Scam Reports (archive)' started by Ravenholmzombies, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenholmzombies

Ravenholmzombies Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    | steamname: ᴾᴬᴺ That Spu #OnVacation
    | steam3ID: [U:1:66701406]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:33350703
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026967134
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SleekySlick
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198026967134

Hi all, this is my first time posting here, and it's mostly a precautionary thing. When you're dealing with a $1500 cash trade it's far better safe then sorry, as I hope I don't learn the hard way in this case. The screenshots below should provide context, and in this particular case we're dealing with this item: History - backpack.tf
    I brought the Knifestorm Crone's Dome from That Spu for what was at the time 68 buds mixed (roughly $1600 worth of items at the time), and held it for the next month. Since that point I decided I wanted to cash out, and That Spu expressed interest in brokering it. I discussed with him about the possibility of buying the hat back, and he also seemed keen.

He said even though he was interested, Paypal was not working for him (this was around 15th - 20th of March), so the initial plan was to wait for paypal to work again. However on the 22/3/2015, he got in touch with me with a different proposal, see the first screenshot for our conversation. I was unaware that eCheque's can take indefinite amounts of time to clear - but as the five screenshots in this post indicate, the expectation was that the transaction would clear by the 27th (this past Friday). As I am now here, that has not been the case.

I shall continue providing evidence in the next post.

Mod edit: Added steamrep block

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
  2. Bomber Rat

Bomber Rat Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So wait what's the deal here?

Did spu fail to pay?

3. Ravenholmzombies

Ravenholmzombies Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    When the transaction 'appeared' to have been sent, as in the second screenshot above, I felt that given the users reputation, that I could safely send across the Crone's Dome to him, which I did. However, over the last few days things seem to be hinting that I made a big mistake. Firstly, Spu was banned on outpost for trading with Scammers: (TF2 Outpost / User / ??? That Spu). Then he received a ban from Backpack.tf for reversing premium membership: (ᴾᴬᴺ That Spu #OnVacation 's Profile - backpack.tf). Though these things had little to do with our trade, they gave me an immediate feeling of unease. Below are the conversations I had with Spu, who agreed with me that if the eCheque balance did not clear by Friday evening (the 27th), he would give the Crone's back to hold until such a time that it does.

I am here because it is now the 29th where I am in Western Australia, and he done no such thing, plus he has changed his Steam Name to add #OnVacation , whether as to provide an excuse not to trade the hat back, or because he is; I find this all highly suspect, and hope that either the transaction clears, we reverse this trade, or at the very least, this provides definitive evidence that he cannot be trusted, assuming he does not pass the Crone's back until payment does clear (or if the transaction balance is voided and I'm left $1500 out of pocket). Gotta love cash trades. Hopefully I have provided enough evidence to warrant a very close look at this user.

crone's 6.png crone's 7.png Crone's 8.png Crone's Dome.jpg

4. Bomber Rat

Bomber Rat Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hmm, that is very suspicious. I have him added and I'll try to ask him more about it.

5. Ravenholmzombies

Ravenholmzombies Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thanks a lot. Unfortunately as I'm in Australia, the time differences make contact a bit difficult with him, such as over the last few days, though I've sent quite a few messages, and a trade offer back to him for the Crone's, which have all received no response.

6. That Spu

That Spu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Sorry man, I just gave it back, I just started going on vacation and just saw your msg and the trade offer. Sorry for the worrying, enjoy the Crones back.

7. Ravenholmzombies

Ravenholmzombies Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thanks for sorting the issue out Spu, hopefully this trade will still be successful later on. Issue is resolved on my end.

8. harsheldon #bday in 2days

harsheldon #bday in 2days Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just wondering..whats up with the chargeback of backpack.tf premium?

9. That Spu

That Spu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  10. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Archiving this then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.