Resolved Ban Appeal - drithen

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by drithen, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drithen

drithen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    drithen
    When did it happen?
    01/02/15
    What's the specified reason?
    Favouritism (Killing a player two times consecutively on hatdays, Jailbreak)
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    -Note that this is a guard ban on the Jailbreak server-

I was banned for 1000 minutes by Starfish for killing a player two times in a row on two different hatdays. (Judging peoples hat whether you like it or not)

I see wrong in this, since I didn't ask players for their opinion, and merely judged myself. Also it was the only player I killed.

I don't need to be unbanned, but have my ban time deducted significantly, as I think 1000 minutes is a bit over the top for such an act.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  2. drithen

drithen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    thanks Taco.
    I forgot to point out it was Starfish that I killed those two times.

3. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hatday will always be favoritism because you can't create a rulebook that says "This hat is always good, this hat is always bad." To have fair hatdays, the whole blue team should decide wether or not a person should live. As this usually takes too long, one person judges and this person has his own taste, hence favoritism.

Please remove.

4. drithen

drithen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Please take your time and read the post again, Bunnie_Lord. I have stated everything you just said, my point is that I don't think a 1000 minute ban is viable nor fair for that. I know my doing was wrong, but I wish for my time to be deducted.

5. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hat days with a single person judging it is ok IMO. Wastes less time and removes the need for reds to rebel when judging.

6. Ruby

Ruby Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I think one person judging a hat day is a good idea, However.
    I belive you were teambaned because you were targeting one person, very obviously as you quicly said "lets have a hat day", killed the one person and then carried on witht the day even thought there were people with Gibius's and no hats at all. Also you had reports filed against you (So it just reinforced the desision)

I dont mean to be mean and dont want to fall out with anyone, Im just saying what i saw.

~Ruby

7. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You doing the hatdays was not the only reason for the teamban.

First of all, on Anthology right before the warden got locked at the beginning of the round I forced warden on a random person.
    That person ended up being you, and you !uw'ed right away, resulting in a slay.
    Every Blu must be willing to go warden.
    Your response? "Fuck you"
    To add insult to injury, you continue insulting me and the administration of the server as a whole.

Next round, you go warden suddenly and you tell the Reds to go to the white square.
    Right away, you target me specifically and throw your guillotine at me.
    Followed by the words; "Hatday begins, hatday is over".
    You leave everyone else alive, including people with no hats at all.
    Instead of getting mad or upset, I just sit the round out.
    Next round, I go Pyro and end up with a person with the same hat, paint color and pattern.
    Then, you pull the same hatday trick and kill me, leaving the other Pyro alive.
    You also start making smart remarks about me over the mic, making it even more personal.
    I don't get pissed off very easily, but you managed to cross that line.

You purposely targetted me, insulted me, revengekilled me and went to Jaffa who lowered your ban behind my back.
    Your appeal lacks loads of valuable information too.
    You know very well what you did wrong and I do not intend to lower your teamban.

8. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    However, the fact remains ALL BLUE MUST BE WILLING TO GO WARDEN, Now we both know drith goes warden a lot, he does not have to go it every time he is on blue. Why not pick on the other blues? Why not try make them instead of him? As for the hatdays, do you really know why he killed you and not others, did you ask why did people with no hats survive? Or did you just teamban?

As an admin we should try not to be biased and try look at both sides to determine what is happening, with something like this did you try to contact him to ask him to stop? Did you try to calm it down, or ask others to go warden?

I will appreciate your response.

9. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I forced warden on a random person, it has nothing to do with a grudge or a bias. I'm okay with giving people second chances if they happen to break a rule, how unfair it may seem. But not if they resort to insults right away.
    31 jan 2015 20:20:02 you must be willing to go warden
    I told him right away, to which he replied with a kind;
    31 jan 2015 20:21:14 great server shitty hosting
    31 jan 2015 20:21:00 might aswell just slay all blus then
    31 jan 2015 20:20:53 whoever just slayed me you have no idea what you are doing
    31 jan 2015 20:20:30 you cant slay me cause someone else wants to go
    31 jan 2015 20:20:24 respawn me
    Instead of trying to talk about it in a rational, mature way, he started behaving very unpleasant.
    I figured I'd let him cool down for a bit before talking further.

Drithen then purposely sought revenge, this is not even worth debating about. He killed me, and me only, twice in a row, while the second round someone was wearing the exact hat as I were.
    Drithen is not stupid, in fact, he knows the rules very well.
    As always, if he wants his ban shortened he could have asked me.
    Instead, he demanded me to reduce it in-game.
    He never added me and instead talked to Jaffa, who wasn't even there at the time.

I hope this reply will do.

10. drithen

drithen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I have no other comment except for you making the situation alot more worse than it really was. And do not involve Jaffa in this as it was MY doing to make him reduce my ban time (temporarily until you stacked it up again), which he agreed to for a REASON. To defend myself from your accusations, I willingly gave warden to JULIAN_SL (something like that)
    and you slayed me. Knowing how you are, I did not expect you to take my 'fuck you' personally, since it wasn't given that way and I knew you didn't know what was really going on.(hence why I didn't even mention why you slayed me in the first place on this thread).

The hatday was from own experience of what I've seen on this server for a long time (which I now know and needs voting from BLU), with you being there all the time. No administrator has bat an eye though at that, since it happends all the time. I killed you merely cause I didn't like your hat.. Don't twist it and make it sound like I am making myself favourtise everyone else and killing you deliberately, over and over again. And please memorise the fact that after I killed the warden who-I-won't-name on this thread, who purposely killed me on a hatday and ended it. Which you did NOTHING about. I've made no remarks towards you on my microphone, and don't expect it to be proven unless you have it recorded, so don't even mention that.

To conclude: I agree some anger AND targetting was put on you after what you did to me, but I strongly believe you did this for your OWN cause, you don't pay enough attention before taking action(hence what I wrote above), and I know you never liked me to begin with. And then again, I don't expect favouritism to be taken that majorly.

My appeal will certainly not be approved, but I've made MY point. Not much else to see here.

11. drithen

drithen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I never demanded a ban reduce. I asked if you could at least reduce it, which YOU replied to in a very unpleasant way, involving 'being salty', which wasn't logical to me at all. I thought it was hopeless even trying to discuss with you because you were already pissed at me, so I DID talk to Jaffa about the overreaction of the ban time span, yes. Just throwing that out there.

12. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Your "fuck you" wasn't personal? Your chatlogs say otherwise.
    You then follow it up by telling me how I have no idea what I'm doing and how the hosting on the JB server is shit.
    All of this because you failed to follow a rule. I would have considered respawning you , if you didn't rage the way you did.

I'm okay with you killing me because you don't like my hat.
    It's still odd that you leave people without hats and gibuses alive, but whatever.
    I don't see anything wrong with this, as it's hard to prove as favoritism.
    The second hatday however, another guy had the same hat as me, exactly the same.
    You kill me again, even though I even switched from Demoman to Pyro and leave the rest alive.
    Including the guy who had the same hat. THIS is the reason I banned you.

I do not have demo's of the events either and therefore I cannot prove it.
    Neither can you disprove it, so I'll leave that open for debate.
    Your chatlogs are sometimes extremely toxic and you can have that same attitude over mic.

''After what you did to me'', I slayed you once. ONCE.
    Stop acting like I threw a bomb through your window.
    I have done nothing to make the situation worse, I have played like I always do. Even after being killed right away.
    You should really learn to direct your frustration another way, if one slay makes you this mad.

"I know you never liked me to begin with." Really now?
    Apart from seeing you at jailbreak regularly, I don't know you.
    So don't even bring something like this into an appeal.

Also, you never asked me to reduce the ban.
    In fact, you didn't ask me anything.
    All you did was demand me to do things for you.
    As for the salty part, it's just a choice of words. I could have said upset/mad/angry/disappointed, etc.

13. drithen

drithen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Why are you avoiding the fact that I asked you to reduce my ban? That's the whole reason why you responded with 'being salty'. You looked through the chatlogs for the bad things that 'I' said, why not go around it again and see my question be stated. And you JUST agreed to slaying me for no looked-through reason. My response was unneccessary, but so was your action.

And to restate since you ignored that fact, you don't pay enough attention to look through chat unless it's flaming. Which I did, knowing you couldn't care less, which you surprisingly did when I involved a curse word towards you.

14. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    "at least make it 100 minutes"
    This is not a question, it's a demand you made after insulting me.

My response about how you acted salty was before this statement, too.
    Meaning you didn't even bother reading the chatlogs, as you are flat out lying right now.

"And you JUST agreed to slaying me for no looked-through reason."
    - You must be willing to go warden
    I rest my case.
    I'm not going to respond any further, unless you have some actual arguments that prove a good point.
    Right now you're just making blind assumptions that don't even match up correctly.

15. drithen

drithen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It was not intended to be demanding. My earlier post made it quite clear that I remember very vaguely what you responded me with. It was a flat out no, nontheless. And I do not intend you to respond anymore, because all you do is defend yourself, trying to look away from where I am right.(Not saying I am 100% right) ''Meaning you didn't even bother reading the chatlogs, as you are flat out lying right now''. That statement is hypocritical, since you just said you never saw me REQUEST for a reduced time banned, when you really did. You just saw it as an order rather than a request, because at that time you were really mad at me

16. drithen

drithen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Oh, and my arguments are logical. If you think they are insignificant, you might want to reconsider that. Again, you need to pay more attention before you take action. But I know you are smarter than that and deliberately look away from my logical Points and make up something else for that.

17. .ax

.ax idk Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There is an edit button. Please refrain from double posting.

18. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The edit button is here if you wanna edit it within 1 minute. Otherwise it will be disabled.

19. .ax

.ax idk Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I must've missed that update then. Apologies.

20. Toxic

Toxic Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Agreed, I was there and that was so dumb thing you did. because you did not kill me as always so that was weird then saw you insulting starfish and yeah you are wrong so you should get banned 1000 min. sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.