Eldevin the new Runescape MMORPG!

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by REXTON, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REXTON

REXTON Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello forum! I would like to present to you a great game that I`ve came across a few months ago! For those of you who`ve heard of Runescape I can tell you that this game is everything that Runescape should have been today...
    You`ve got a nice storyline with an insane amount of quests and sidequests, lots of areas to explore, large variety of skills sorted between two tabs Gathering (Fishing, Skinning, Farming, Foraging, Forestry, Prospecting and Crystal Cutting) and Crafting (Cooking, Leatherworking, Tailoring, Alchemy, Weaponsmithing, Armorsmithing and Jewelry).

Of course there are a lot more to talk about this game however I don`t know if I should get into detail. I just hope to have peaked your interest in this game enough to give it a try!

Here are steam links: Store Page and the Community Page

If you do enjoy this game please leave here your nickname so we could add each other and do quests together or dungeons or maybe even pvp arenas!

My nick is SuperSalamu. See you ingame!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  2. DaJeroen

DaJeroen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Runescape will never be able to be replaced. It has a spot in my childhood :)

3. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  4. REXTON

REXTON Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    well sure... oldschool runescape is a part of our childhood there is no arguing that... however I`m not sure you`ve played Runescape 3, which is updated to "modern graphics" they say... its just sad how it has become... the freedom in Eldevin (yeah I know I said "freedom" calm yourself americans) is just amazing and the things you can do will make you play for hours! Just go ahead and give it a try!

5. DaJeroen

DaJeroen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I agree! RS3 is so bad. Also Old School is getting a Grand Exchange, but I'm not playing anymore :p

6. Wario

Wario Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ahh, Runescape! I was used to play this game a lot, but Runescape 3 changed everything. The battle system was really cool before that, and the abilities were pretty hard to level up.

I remember all the time I've spent on Lumbridge. Those were THE days.

7. F7are

F7are Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Then someone was making a Runescape 2006, got lawsues up the ass from Jagex, and then they made their own paid version like a bunch of jackasses.

8. Wario

Wario Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It was a fun game till it lasted, now this game is just awful and certainly not the game I've played several years ago.

9. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  10. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  11. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]

12. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Good to know I'm not the only one xD

13. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'd rather go back and play Runescape tbh.

14. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    They have improved it tons.

A lot of people dislike that it requires more skill and effort today, and here's a funny argument they drive.

"It was more skilful earlier"

Because spamming food and potions as you watch your character stand still on the spot fighting something?

15. REXTON

REXTON Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    wrong... a lot of people disliked it mainly because of the boundaries between f2p and p2p... and now with the new RS3 is even more obnoxious about this borderline... however Eldevin does no such discrimination... absolutely all of its contents is fully available to everyone including subcribers and non-subscribers...well saying subscriber is probably wrong as there is no monthly fee... so I guess you pay only for convenience...

Another reason why RS3 is bad is because of the botting communities which are even today flourishing with tons of users everyday because Jagex isn`t doing anything about it, perhaps because they even don`t care, so most likely there is some market propaganda going about it...
    At this chapter, Eldevin being fairly new to the gaming community it hasn`t yet begun to be targeted by such audience, but surely in the future when it starts to pile up renown, hackers will most likely start to develop such applications for it too, although they will find it very difficult as the developers have promised to continuously fight off such users...

16. Wario

Wario Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Actually runescape had these bots from his very beginning. It's not that kind of new for the runescape community, and yes, they are still a problem.

17. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Obviously you haven't kept up.

The amount of bots have been dramatically reduced.

Also, the f2p and p2p model was not some major issue. You had access to play the game for free without needing to pay to play. That's the f2p model whereas p2p gives you full access to the game. Deal with it or don't.

They even balance it by making it so that p2p can't play on a f2p world with their super gear and have to use the same stuff as they do.
    Try not to argue with such invalid opinions.

You can't compare an apple to an orange.

18. REXTON

REXTON Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    wtf jozan...are you hearing yourself? invalid opinions? are you mentally healthy? I honestly think that you are trolling me right now... I was just saying that the majority of people disliked this about RS, about not being able of fully enjoying the game without coming across various limitations of the f2p status...I respect your opinion about RS being a great game but in my opinion there is no way that less than 50% of a game IS FREE TO PLAY!... whereas Eldevin offers you EVERYTHING 100% for no money at all...their ingame shop consists more of cosmetic items, experience boosters and currency...

The amount of bots have been dramatically reduced??... are you kidding me? I`ve just went on the powerbot forums (biggest RS botting community) which is like over 10 times bigger than FoG and they are literally pouring in new scripts everyday...and this is just one of the numerous other communities out there... sorry but I can`t believe you saying that botting has been reduced... not with these bad boys running about the internet...

Please don`t get me wrong... I really didn`t want to offend you... and I really did enjoyed playing RS in the old days but now its dead to me...

19. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I agree, I played RS since it started and I agree fully that it failed at RS3 where P2P became a must at high level to still enjoy it.
    I will try out this game though since you recommend it,

20. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Try adventure quest aswell Spartan don't forget about the true best rpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.