Accepted Ban Appeal - Proof

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Proof, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proof

Proof Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: Proof
    | steam3ID: [U:1:7461215]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:3730607
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197967726943
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/proofbr
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197967726943
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Proof
    When did it happen?
    16/12/2014
    What's the specified reason?
    Trading with marked scammers
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    Hi.
    I'd like to give it a try and see if there's anything I could do to get untagged.
    Outpost is already reviewing my appeal, and I hope to have a chance.
    In ten years of Steam and lots of trades (including PayPal transactions) made, there are three reports against me here, all three with nothing (no chat, no trades) against me. The users reported me 'cause according to hats' history I was the current owner. Later all of them recognized I shouldn't be the one reported and went after the real scammer. Two of them even added me to apologize afterwards.
    However, while I never scammed anyone, I indeed ended up trading with one scammer, in the case of the first offense. I explained that the dude was not banned or marked at the time we traded, as showed in the report posts. He made an offer at Outpost, sent a trade offer, and I accepted it through my mobile, as I was at work. Outpost admin added me, I provided all the evidence, told me to more careful next time, but recognized that the scammer used a "clean" account to trade with me.
    As to the second offense, the user sent me a trade offer and I went to his profile and saw he was banned. The reason of the ban was that he traded with a scammer, and not that he was a scammer. Going by the letter rules (as one can see at Outpost), the offense happens when someone trades with a marked scammer, and not someone banned for having traded with a scammer.
    Well, that's it. I really wish to be untagged. If there's anything I could do to make this happen, please let me know. Otherwise, thanks for reading and have nice holidays.

2. ForteSP

ForteSP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    if all 3 reports were acknowledged by all parties to be misplaced, why aren't they archived? Have the users written new reports the "correct" user. One of the reports is "ready for review," as well.

3. Proof

Proof Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The right question would be why I didn't get banned, marked, adversed and not even added by any admin because of those reports? Because there's not a single evidence against me. All the pics/chats relate to the scammer. The scammer traded with other innocent people through this "clean" account as well; people who accepted without knowing the hats were scammed, as the dude neither was banned on Outpost nor marked at steamrep. The links/pics are there, in steamrep posts. The fact that the victims didn't open a new post to report the scammer is a second problem, apart from the fact that I am innocent. They should answer this question, not me.
    Despite the fact that I ended up making a bad deal, as part of the unusuals I got were a pain to sell, the fact that the user was not banned or marked is pretty clear.
    As to the second offense, I indeed checked Salps profile at Outpost before trading and saw he was banned for trading with a scammer, not for being a scammer.
    Anyway, all I want is to express my side of the history, even if my appeal is denied. If any admin wants any further clarification/evidence, please don't hesitate to add me.

4. ForteSP

ForteSP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Totally unrelated. Could you add your trade history showing the user you sold your teutonic toque and spook specs to? I'd like to file reports against them :).

5. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Can you provide us with the evidence you provided OP?

6. Proof

Proof Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  7. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  8. Proof

Proof Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I can't see Oupost links due to my ban. Can you tell me which are the items?

9. ForteSP

ForteSP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The items you were marked for buying this time around. The searing ninja hood and the flies bonk boy.

Also please supply the history of you trading away your teutonic toque and spook specs that you recently sold.

10. Proof

Proof Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  11. ForteSP

ForteSP Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Very noble thing to do. I respect that. Also I see them now. You just moved them from page 1 to a different spot. Sorry about being dumb :).

12. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hi, at the time of the trade for the Ninja Hood and Bonk Boy, Salps was banned on SteamRep, this means that trading with him is not allowed, even if the reason is for trading with scammers. However I believe that you didn't realise the specifics of the rule, and therefore I think we can reconsider the ban, I'll let @n0name@n0name make the final decision about this though.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  13. Proof

Proof Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I really appreciate it, mate. The first offense for which I was banned was an honest mistake as well. The person I traded with was neither banned from Outpost nor marked at Steamrep when I accepted his/her trade offer, as I showed through the pics posted at Steamrep. Anyway, thanks for the attention and happy new year.

14. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Granted this appeal with blind eyes and lowered to caution.
    This is the only and last chance you will get, any further offenses against your account will result in a permanent ban.

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.