Accepted Ban Appeal - Ihmeepeli

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Epeliihme, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epeliihme

Epeliihme Member

Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: Ihmeepeli
    | steam3ID: [U:1:28904863]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:14452431
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989170591
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ihmeepeli
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197989170591
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Ihmeepeli
    When did it happen?
    18.11.2014 18:19
    What's the specified reason?
    My other account got banned for "wall hacks"(ahmaepeli: an account i made for shit and giggles 2 years ago for achivement shit) that i DID NOT have. and then my main account (one in steam rep block: ihmeepeli) got banned for "duplicate account" reason.

First of all. I was NOT wallhacking with the alternative account: ahmaepeli. So i think my little episode with the alternative got me banned from my main.
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    I was NOT wallhacking with the alternate or main account at any time. I have long history in TF2 to proof the fact that i probably have higher than average skill to common players.

I get the fact that duplicated account are not allowed by the rules, and that is punishable. But not by permament ban.

i was doing so well with the "noob disguise" because:
    -I had my friend (with skype) as my medic
    -I wore my gibus with pride, that probably confused even some experienced players and regulars.
    -I threw in a little act of simplyfied movement to look even more "noobish"

2. Applejack

Applejack Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This case has been closed for almost a month, if you cared about being on the server you would have appealed immediately.

3. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Waiting a month doesnt make this ban justified. Also, he didn't wait like 1 year.
    Not everyone has a mindset like "oh i got banned, but im innocent...lets appeal and hope they accept it"
    The ban on his dupe acc, is may be justified, but thats because... it's a dupe acc.

Watson stated by himself that he banned him as he saw Ihmeepeli killing people in the sewer, he said that he was sure about ihmeepeli Wallhacking, at this moment.

Problem: You can hear people who are walking in the sewers, even if you are in the spawn - you can hear them, Watson didn't know that. That's IMO the strongest argument against this ban.

"But he's so suspicious" (inb4 anything.)

Not saying that playtime automatically means that he's MLG, but uh, actually, it is possible to be *good* at a game. (Yes, he does indeedly insane shots with the loose cannon, but uh, exp?)

I know, that some people will dislike me for saying that and talk shit behind my back(feel free to be nasty about me), but that ban is except the dupe Acc ban not justified, NONE of our admins was EVER really sure about him hacking, "He waited 30 days so it seems he doesnt care" is just weak.

inb4 "but he spawncamps alot"-excuse
    NONE of our admins was EVER really doing something against it.

hatersgonnahate.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  4. Applejack

Applejack Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    We will treat the time of appeal as a factor, within all appeals that are submitted. Admins have denied previous apps for this reason, thus making it wrong to make exceptions for people. That would be biased administration.

5. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You may want to read more than the first three lines of my post. =P

Also, yes, afaik we did reject people because their appeal wasnt "in time" but those guys appealed always like 467235months later, he's appealing in less then 30 days. C'mon, you cant take this as a serious main argument against him.

6. Dakte

Dakte Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Why didn't you appeal earlier?

7. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well Triforce...

...what has Ihmeepeli been doing for the past month?

The reason time inbetween ban and appeal matters is that someone whom is innocent is fast to act to question and cares about proving it.
    If you for instance run away from a police officer, do you think he will regard your choice normal or suspicious?

Basically the fact this appeal came a month later after the ban was issued, there's no information of what the applicant has been doing.

Since you mentioned he spawncamps, even if no admin has done anything as of today something against it, it doesn't change the fact the player has been a bother for others.

Also for Ihmee: There's no way for you to prove the connections about the skype or your friend with your gameplay that has been considered highly suspicious and ultimately led to a ban. What made you appeal 30 days later?

8. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It is not about when you appeal, it is about the appeal itself, if you got banned of a server you might just go play other servers you enjoy and it comes to a point where you miss the server and apply for an appeal because you want to, so should we really judge him because he did not go "omg i got banned lez appeal now."

IMO: Should be given a chance, even if it is just to clarify what has happened and then at the end of it a certain wotsits decides on unban or not.

9. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    "run away from a police officer..." how can you even compare that to this case xD
    waiting for a ban appeal =/= chase

would you have more information if he appealed 1 day later?=P

Also, careful, Jozz, I never saw him spawncamping, I cant tell about it, but other admins seemed to do, why didnt they do anything then? Strange hm? Normally our admins would act immediatly and clearly.

10. Epeliihme

Epeliihme Member

I didn't feel that welcome to the server after the ban, to me it felt more like an excuse to get rid of me :/
    My tf playing wasn't that active either, so i tried to search for another server like this one. They mostly had one of the following that made playing in them more dislike-able: bad connection to me, russians (i mean everywhere. i ain't active chatter in game, but it's still nice to understand what people are talking), bad player skill level in common (90% just dumb or newplayers) or the servers where just plain empty.
    afterwards i was asked to maybe do this appeal and come back. So here i'm now trying to get my ass back to the server.

11. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The comparison was meant to aim at the aspect of not telling us straight away, defending himself instead of just going somewhere else to play. If you care about a server, it's rare to go "well I'll just go find another one".
    I speak from testimony regarding the spawncamp, keep that in mind. But remember that other people who have appealed for this reason were mostly rejected for the time it took them to appeal - biased administration is not a rather pretty sight.
    Regarding this part:
    That wasn't the only thing that raised suspicion, it included the repeated event of him firing grenades from outside the fort into the spawn just about too perfect too many times; you can't hear the footsteps from there and definitely not see which path people exit the spawndoor from.

In any case, I've got not much more to say on the matter. I just think that it's strange to not appeal right away.

12. Epeliihme

Epeliihme Member

The spawn door makes a nice "woosh" sound when it opens. other methods to predict enemies are things like: a corpse (might be an enemy around rigth that corner, even better if it is on fire !). You see a scout run ahead of you, you check his name and see if he does something in killfeed (bang! he was exploded to tinybits after that corner, lob a bomb up there). You just hear voicelines/shots fired from a direction (lob a grenade at that corner). You killed a player that just didn't want to give up and bull back? he'll be back for 75% sure ! (insta spawn, maybe predict what route he would use/flank) i probably could go on and on with these. but i hope you get the idea...
    Spies are thing of their own. dead ringer is loud and obvious.

13. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I understand, but from what I heard it was more shady than the simple predictable scenarios you exampled.

14. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    But then again demoman, from your example is just about learning where to aim isnt it? I have done some "suspicious" moves on some maps purely because you learn them.

The big question is, why would a hacker ask to be unbanned and try so very hard to do so?
    IMO: He is most likely just a skilled player who wants to play our servers again.

EDIT: 6,545 hrs on record. His backpack is good, why would a hacker be so dedicated?

15. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Would have to say that 6000+ hours on record sounds unlikely for someone to be a cheater, given the time and effort and the backpack..
    It's unlikely, but some people actually do that even then Spartan - it's a good disguise since hardly a lot of people would suspect someone dedicated.

Have you seen him in actual gameplay however, Spartan?
    If you aim to defend someone, you need to at least know your client

16. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep

I did, and I also spectated him the day he played with his dupe acc.

17. Applejack

Applejack Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Why weren't all of these points made a month ago? Several admins confirmed the suspicions way back then, so the ban was carried out. The case had been closed since an innocent player who cared about playing there would have felt unjustly treated and appealed on the spot. This only weighs against the player.

Im getting the feeling that some of you simply like arguing for the sake of causing commotion. Do that in the shoutbox or something, not in appeals. Or is this an excuse to?

18. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    That is a very harsh view. It could be as I have stated, that he did not want to appeal on the spot because it was an unjust ban? Maybe he wanted time off? Maybe ASK him why and get a nice reply rather than suggesting and judging someone because they appealed a month later.

19. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The case was still closed; wouldn't he had cared to prove us that the admins banning him were in the wrong?

Since it took a month, doesn't suggest that was the case.

20. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Its funny that you talk about biased administration and at the same breath you want to get rid of him because of x-reason
    You cant deny it.
    I can confirm this, some admins are disliking him, and you talk about biased administrating

and the only argument you can grab is "lol he waited 30 days" which isnt even a long time.

Sorry, thats strongly disappointing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.