Declined Vsh

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Smarties, Dec 6, 2014.

?

Should we add these?

1. Update it!

83.3%
  2. Do not update it!

8.3%
  3. Remove rage

16.7%
  4. Keep rage

33.3%
  5. Remove INF

33.3%
  6. Keep INF

16.7%
  7. Remove rage and INF

16.7%
  8. Keep rage and INF

16.7%
  9. Get goomba

41.7%
  10. Do not get goomba

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smarties

Smarties Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello, I want to suggest a few things in this thread.

Suggestion one: Update our vsh plugin! Our plugin is 1 3/4 years OUTDATED
    The new update includes new music, new skills for the hale, new weapons with special things, FESTIVES THAT HAVE THE SAME STATS AS THE NORMAL weapons.

Suggestion two: Remove Rage AND INF ammo, I have played servers with norage and no infinite ammo and you see people that use teamwork more and people who learn to deal with the circumstances and you get a higher level of skill shown by the players and so you find it more enjoyable as you find people who can superjump, not rely on rage and still win.
    The infinite ammo is not needed, people start to rely on it and do not think about how to win without it. The infinite ammo really is not worth the time as players should not have this huge advantage over the hale.

Sugestion three: ADD Gomba stomp, everyone loves goomba stomp and it really brings another element into this gamemode and people play the map to get an edge over eachother and I feel this is a very valued plugin that populates the server a lot.

If we were to do this, I believe that the server would gain more popularity than before as I know many servers that fill up faster than rage servers. This is why I am recommending dis.

2. Polygone

Polygone Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes!
    Have all of my Yes!
    This would make me want to play VSH again!
    I do prefer to keep Rage though,nice for some situations and keeps it challenging for the players.
    Everything else is a yes!
    Did I mention Yes?

3. Sky

Sky Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    AFAIK n0name last time said that the newer versions of vsh are not official, therefore he won't change it. But it was months ago idk what is up now.
    I suggested the Goomba stomp earlier but I got high rate of negative votes, primarily because scunts will spam it.
    No Rage is fine for me, but once inf ammo gets removed im gonna resign from my position in vsh and will never visit it again.
    I want all other dem things tho.

4. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I suggest we keep the rage, sentry camps and snipers that shoot you off the ledge are hard to deal with when you don't have it.
    As far as infinite ammo goes, only heavies and pyros are a danger when they have it - too much knockback and compression blasts.
    Gomba stomps are something I disagree with as it's too easy to get them.

5. Smarties

Smarties Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    However, have you ever seen me fail? I do not rage and I seem to be able to win, it might be a hard change, but norage brings the best out of people and you learn to deal with any situation. This is why I want it removed. It really improves have skills.

6. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Rage adds another layer of diversity to the bosses, while on our server it may not show as much (we have about 4 bosses with basically the same rage), other, more devoted servers that have dozens of bosses are played mostly because of how many options a player has.

You can always choose not to rage, but it's a handy tool and should be left for the Hale to play with as there are some maps which you just can't play on without rage.

7. Smarties

Smarties Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hmm. How about a meet me half way? Make rage buildup slower so you cannot rage every 10 seconds but still have it to take out hard nests?

8. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It builds up based on damage a person takes, so, I think it's fair right now. Maybe if there was a rage limit that's based on how many players there are on the server at that moment? It would stop Hale from raging just to kill one scout and he'll still have enough to take down sentry nests.

9. Smarties

Smarties Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    No I mean, it takes a larger amount of damage in proportion to players at start of round sitll to make rage available.

10. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Bbb-ump

11. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Honestly, is there a point of discussing an update which you claim n0:name has said he won't add because it isn't official?

12. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If there is enough support maybe he will, the old VSH makers from what I have heard stopped and others have continued it, it seems stupid to have an outdated version when there is a perfectly good working update out ATM.

13. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not quite sure about the VSH plugin, I really dislike using plugins which aren't made by the official author.

As for infammo/rage: a lot of regulars come here because of that, so if we would change that many of them would disappear.
    This would have worked if the server were norage from the start, but changing such a essential mechanic after the server has been online for almost 2 years isn't the best idea.

Still a no to Goombastomp, Scouts can basically spam it and kill hale too fast.

14. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Can we at least make rage less common? As in, needs more to build up rage? It is being constantly spammed.

Also, the newest releases are very stable and good, even though not made by the author.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  15. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Bump

As stated above, can we make rage less of a spam thing? Maybe make it take 2x as much damage to build it up.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  16. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Changed it to require 4,000 damage now (was 1,900 before).

17. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thank you babe.

18. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It is a great improvement!!

19. Emerge

Emerge Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Brilliant :D

20. SneeKeRsS

SneeKeRsS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    nice?! xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.