Declined Jailbreak Rule Suggestion Concerning Freedays

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by (EvilS) Swuft, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    When people on jailbreak choose their last request to be a free day they expect to be able to roam and do what they like as long as they're not harassing blues, but too often especially with classes such as sniper, wardens command the free days to stay close to them etc and this isn't allowing them to do what they want on their free day.

A good way to stop this is to add a new rule that stops free days from being restricted from moving around the map, for example:

~Freedays are allowed to do what they want as long as they are not disrupting the round.

~Unless a free day rebels, or harasses the warden they cannot do not have to follow the wardens orders.

~EvilSwuft

Sorry for bad grammar,had to write this with the worse spell checker ever :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  2. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So if this would be implemented, I'd go pyro instantly, get a freeday and ammo and first airblast all guards into killzones, then finally attack the warden because I don't have to watch out for not harassing blues. Also, you'd get the sniper who headshoots the warden back because he can freely get ammo and roam the map, so he can go somewhere unnoticed and kill the warden. I'd suggest implementing/changing the rule to "Guards must give the freeday a warning first before attacking for harassment." and "Freedays are not allowed to enter KOS zones such as armoury or control rooms."

But that will never get implemented as people wish to cling to their sniper too much.

3. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I must say that the idea isn't bad: allowing a freeday to be a bit more free.

But it needs some more careful thought; as Bunnie demonstrates a possible drawback.

4. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Freedays are allowed in the amoury and I do not see this changing, I do not see why they cant use it to rebel if they want too. It means the warden has to keep his eye out for them.

5. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Agree with this.
    It all adds to the suspense and daring risks to take in jailbreak, yes?

6. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There is no reason to mess with the freedom of the freedays.
    Right now it's fairly balanced.

7. Bacon Drink

Bacon Drink Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Neutral for now.

8. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Example: Oooh, I'm a scaredy snoipah who is going to kill the warden as soon as I have the chance to shoot a bullet through his head from the other side of the map and then vanish as people panic and nobody takes over.
    This is THE reason wardens give the order for freedays to stay close to them and not have freedom. Because shitty people like this are freedays. Now, if you make the armoury forbidden for freedays as well (which would be normal if it were a realistic game, you don't allow prisoners to get weapons just because they behaved well), it would still be a challenge for the freedays to get weapons. Now if they pass THAT challenge, the warden was too dumb and is allowed to be shitshot.

9. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Sorry was afk for a while, air last would be harassing and rebel as it would say that you pushed him in

10. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Then I should change the rule to

~Freeday's movements cannot be restricted by a warden, however if the warden feels like the red is going to rebel he may ask guards to keep an eye on them

11. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Or something along those lines, it was just a suggestion, wether or not you want it implemented is up to the fog community.

12. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    But you can just classify airblasting guards as rebelling due to potential threat by repositioning.

That'd make the airblast rather unfavorable as a tool for rebelling given that the guard with permacrit will most likely gun the pyro down too fast for any fire to burn him down in time.

13. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hmm, maybe but on some rounds afk guards might come back, see an air blaster who is friendly and kill them for rebelling even though he has permissions D:

Personally as a jailbreak player I get most of my kills with the rainblower because when I push someone into a certain game it doesn't count as rebelling , and I get away with it. When guards are in a cluster it is easy to start a mass rebel by burning them and causing commotion

However I don't think air blasting should be banned from jb

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  14. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Swuft, I request that you cease to triple/double post.

Each of your posts has an edit button.
    Use it.

15. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I am still new to the forums since so many people requested me to become active on them but I'm learning

16. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  17. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]

As for my thoughts on this, freeday is currently fairly balanced. Also quite a lot of wardens these days don't actually care what freedays do. -1

EDIT: 300th Post! :)

18. Bacon Drink

Bacon Drink Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well do freedays even stay with warden? And the second thing: Its not stated in the rules that warden may give freedays orders

19. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    But neither against it, I assume?

20. (EvilS) Swuft

(EvilS) Swuft Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I and other people have been ordered by the warden to stay close etc. I think it's just down to the warden and the class of the freeday or freedays

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.