Declined Getting Rid of The "No Partying" Rule.

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Münsterkatt サム, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hey, Sorry for so many rule suggestions within a small amount of time, but I was thinking... This rule was created for the taunt update we recently got, where large conga lines and the matter were a problem on servers. Now that the hype has ended, why keep this rule? You don't see that many players doing it anymore on any server really, so there's no point to it.

TF2 itself is an unserious game. If people want to have fun and join up with the enemy team, so be it. This is not a competitive server, it's a pub.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The rule itself has always been one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

It's a rule that stops people from having fun while its intention is to make it more fun for the "serious gamers".
    What really happened: Serious players who felt like having silly fun such as dancing conga were punished as they were forced to watch their gibus-engineer build their equipment at spawn where it helped nobody, watching spies uncloaking undisguised infront of the enemy team and watch W+M1 pyros with pyrovision goggles never letting go of left click.

It may sound overdramatic, but fact is; it's a very accurate depiction of what the rule did. I can go even further in explaining its dumbness.
    The people who claimed that "conga is ruining the game" because "they're being useless".
    They are wrong and the dramatic sentence above should tell you at this point; it doesn't matter if people are useless. You call people useless all the time because they are either bad or they don't do nothing for the team.
    Like, when the hell did we have such stupidly high standards? Seriously.

That rule itself promotes kicking not just conga-dancers but anyone who is in spectator (because useless guy isnt joining a team to help them), bad players (Because useless guy sucks at everything) and so on.

The rule was suggested by people who expect everyone to be at least average on the game instead of realizing the fact: Everyone isn't great. There are people who just aren't good at it and there are people that are good at it.

I doubt the rule will be removed because certain people will be attempting to counter-argue this wall of text, but it is very likely that said counter-argument will only support my claims because, there really is one reason the rule was made for as I said: "to stop useless players from ruining the game".

If you'll say "fine, you want the whole server dancing conga then go ahead" - if the entire server is messing around dancing, what is the problem?
    Like who said that killing someone doing the conga in the first place is bad? It's not; it's been the same way it has always been: you see someone taunting; you basically have a free kill unless you decide to join in on the tomfoolery.
    And no, saying that "If I kill the conga line they kill me" isn't valid either - these conga dancers carry guns for a reason and they carry a taunt for a reason. It's all part of the smoke and mirrors that you can sometimes do (aka, fooling people that you're friendly)
    And no, saying that "conga dancers should join another server" isn't a legit argument either - for what reason should they have to do that? You're basically telling them that we don't welcome people who feel like messing around in a PUBLIC SERVER.
    "Go to a trade server to conga"
    Just no. That's still robbing the freedom of the players.

It's the kind of rule that's invented by a thought process of a minor complaint. It's like you'd disable the use of the phlogistinator because people feel it's "makes pyro useless cause he cant airblast out fire and projectiles and is noob-weapon and is OP".

[​IMG]
    Ergo, my argument is pretty solid. So unless your story isn't "it ruins the game for others" which is not supported by any fact and is merely your own opinion, you got little to prove. This is not to sound arrogant either; it's just the way it really is - you have no proof of conga dancers "ruining the game", it is a complaint from you and you only. I guess I'm a little talky about this, but that's what happens when you invent a really stupid rule like that.
    It's almost on par with servers that have stupid rules such as banning weapons because they feel a weapon is overpowered ect.

Stop acting as if our servers are some sort of UGC or platinum league place.
    There's plenty of gunfire and dancers to go around for everyone.
    You don't like someone doing the conga? The best thing you can do is to kill them and taunt them. Period.

If you keep the rule, just go ahead and kick the first and every "gibus-pyro using the backburner" after this discussion is over then.
    I heard they're equally or even worse than conga dancers.
    Though I swear I hardly see them ever getting kicked despite being called useless countless of times.
    Nor any rules about preventing that.

3. Dakte

Dakte Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Iunno, I agree, the hype has died so might aswell remove this rule.
    It's caused more problems than it solved anyway.
    If you tell them to stop, more people are going to join anyway because the "Let's all protest against this silly admin"-bandwagon is seriously a 'thing'.
    Do nothing, conga dies after a tiny while eitherway. Might aswell.

4. HQGroup

HQGroup Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well I surely agree with this Suggestion.
    Conga is Fun :) if it gets removed its music to my ears <33

Anyways its up to big boss.

5. Pointy

Pointy Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Literally, music to your ears (conga n all).

OT: Great suggestion +1

6. Konsta

Konsta Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Agreed, I never saw what the point of this rule was. Isn't partying and randomly being friendly with enemies half of what makes TF2 pubs fun?

7. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm up for this rule, but I'd also like to see the "No parties in sewers" rule be removed from the 2fort server.

8. DaJeroen

DaJeroen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I would just remove the entire "No Partying" rule. People are like "wut?" when I tell them it's not allowed :(

9. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Don't want people to Conga?

...Kill them.

10. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Somehow that was just too difficult.
    After all, see rule.

Agreed.
    It's a huge reason I personally love TF2 - it's full of shenanigans.

11. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This rule isn't only about congaing, you just specified on conga, as the rule mention it.
    So, congratulations, you nearly "banned" a game mechanic
    => stupid.
    people paid for it with metal /money, however.
    Rainbowworld, all fine, worldpeace - but please don't fucking do the taunt.

The true reasons for that "rules" were different, there is a bit background-story behind, but it doesnt really matter
    The rule isnt about only conga, it's about the general messing up with others

Here, some historic, nostalgia 2fort (sorry roland xD): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I10DZSz5Ctc

-this "rule" indeedly causes more problems.
    -IT ANNOYS ME TO GET A REPORT BECAUSE SOME1 IS DOING A CONGA
    -If I ask why you just don't kill the party guy, I won't get a answer
    -people are even interrupting me in my work with it, like I am on a serious matter, solving a problem with some rude guy, and suddenly says some certain person in mic / chat "TRI THE OTHER GUY IS DOING CONGA PLS BAN"
    - How fussy is this please?
    (note: I never banned or even nearly "punished" people for doing a game mechanic.)

If some people dont like the conga party thing, or the general partying (see video above): Kill them
    If they do it again: Kill them
    If they do it again: Kill them
    If they do it the fifth time: Kill them

They will give up after a while.

Tho, the only hypocritical "argument" against parties is the "lol you take a server slot for people who really want to play, instead of that we all have useless partynoobs"

Why hypocritical? Well, I know the backgroundstory behind all this shit.

12. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Guess what?

It's like if you didn't get the last slot in a cinema and you notice the last guy taking the last seat isn't planning on watching the movie itself but to sleep on the chair.

A player should be free to do anything he desires in the server as long as it does not endorse bad behavior.
    Dancing/partying/being friendly should not be classified as this.
    Just kill him if you don't like him.

13. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I didn't get a word of that processed... kinda rambling there Tri.

I assume you're for this, though.

14. Ruby

Ruby Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah i think getting rid of the no partying rule would be great as it will attract mre people to the servers as it wil be a more fun enviroment! Also im sure if it came back somepeople might be abble to think of ways to make it into minigmes and things like that! c:

-Ruby ^_^

15. chickpoint

chickpoint Awesome Member Legacy Management Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    -1 I think the addition to the rule are good as they are, no need to change.

16. CheekyPJ

CheekyPJ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    -1 aswell, my fave rule :3 No I won't give other reasons for that, I just hate partying people.

17. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Declined.

If you want to do parties, go on a trade/ach/whatever server.
    By you partying (or being useless), you also harm your team and people who are actually trying to play the game.
    And no, they are no "tryhards" for trying to win - only because TF2 has a cartoony style, it doesn't mean that it's only a "fuck around" game.
    And also, Valve is not almighty - just look in all the wrong decisions they made lately (cutting of QP traffic, axtinguisher nerf, failed stickybomb nerf, etc.)

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.