Accepted Ban Appeal - Boss

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Boss, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boss

Boss Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: Boss
    | steam3ID: [U:1:166675707]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:83337853
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198126941435
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/greatboss
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198126941435
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Boss
    When did it happen?
    Monday, October 6, 2014
    What's the specified reason?
    According to Steamrep FoG my account was banned because they said this is the alternative account of the DAVY BONES(scammer) which is not.

This is the link of report - http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198110186147
    Here is the link to thread report from the scammer DAVY BONES - http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/4037...nes-76561198137556625-tio-jose-das-vacas.html

Of all the scammer listed as the alternative account of scammer, each of them have a specific reports and tag as banned however on my own case I don't have any reports or tag as banned from valve.
    I just browsed on this thread that the scammer had a lot of reports which involved Tf2 items, I don't even play Tf2 much and i don't have any trade history on tf2 items they just said that I am one of the alternative account of the scammer. I don't see any reason why i was banned, there's no specific and concrete reason why i got banned for being involved with this scammer. I have 1000+ hours played on Dota 2 and some hours played from different games. I would never risk my account and I don't intend to do any fraud which can greatly affect my account.

This is very understandable to send an appeal to unban my reputation account on steamrep because I have never committed any violation or fraudulent act which has no specific reasons or evidence that I am the alternative account . And this is a forum about fortress gamers and i don't really play much Tf2 i mostly focus myself on Dota 2 games. If ever they see any violation on my account I can provide you any information i can give because I am very innocent about this matter and very serious for this because this is one of my biggest reputation.
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    I've been trading for almost 9 months and I never committed any fraudulent action to any of the players on steam, as you can see I'm a loyal and active member of steamrep community especially filing a reports against scammer.

Dota2lounge account - Dota 2 Lounge - Boss's profile

Here is my Dota2lounge account which has 18 rep, I don't see why i got banned there must be some mistake regard about this matter. You can see the listed above on steamrep threads, it is a proof that I'm not a scammer. Furthermore DAVY BONES and I don't have any connection regarding about the trade, steam games or any other matter that has involvement.

This is the proof that I am a very concerned about fraudelent activity on steamrep, you can see here that I reported numbers of scammer who attempted to scam me which shows that I'm not really a bad guy. I could even provide you all my trade history including dota 2 items which has no connection to the scammer. I am very concern about this thread because steamrep is a big reputation thread I used steamrep for trading purposes, it is kinda very misunderstanding because I shouldn't be involved here.

Here is the list of my successful thread from steamrep:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198096385228-dota2-dota2-items.74581/
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198086179345-dota2-dota2-items.69336/
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198123364669-dota2-dota2-items.68384/
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198074259529-none-no-items.67963/
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198113667655-olaf-dota2-dota2-items.63632/

Furthermore I want to clarify here that DAVY BONES and my account don't have any virtual connection on steam therefore it must be a huge mistake to tag me as an alt account of the scammer, additionally from what I've read from the thread/reports on the scammer he used all those alt account for scamming which is specifically impersonating others for fraudulent activity. You could even see my alias name history that I don't frequently change names or impersonate others which makes my name very unique in a way it has only two alias name history on the record, and again I never made any trades with the scammer nor any other alt accounts that was listed on the reports. None of those alt accounts are on my friendlist.

The reason why I am making this appeal because this made a huge impact on my reputation especially on trading, furthermore you can see here that each of the scammer have pending reports and the other one was banned by valved however on my account it was just stated it was the alt account of the scammer which i can't understand why:
    http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/4037...nes-76561198137556625-tio-jose-das-vacas.html

Therefore all i can say here is that DAVY BONES and his other accomplice doesn't have any relations or connections on my account, specifically on trades, steam friends or other information. As you can see on my steamrep threads that I reported numbers of scammers who attempted to fraud my items:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/search/3846049/

Positive response will be appreciated I hope i can get the result as soon as possible.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Most of the admins are asleep at the moment (EU) but here is what I have to say... You seem to be very trusted, public profile, clean friends-list seem to care a lot, and there isn't that much evidence of you being an alt of a scammer, so I believe you might do well. You also haven't impersonated anyone, and have no pending or previous reports that I know of. This was probably just a mistake in FoG's part.

I am not a trade admin, but GL

3. Boss

Boss Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thank you for understanding my situation here, if ever i can sufficient and supply some information regarding about my report I would be so glad to cooperate with it one more thing is that i don't have any banned friends on steam account. I have so many details that i want to add here but I don't want to spam this thread so much so its better if i will have to wait for the result of this thread, I also sent an appeal thread to steamrep community but one of the active members of steamrep advised me to create appeal on this forum. But then again thank you for showing some sympathy.

4. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The reason you're banned by us is that @n0name@n0name found that you share an IP with Davy Bones. @Of Skrillmau5 & Men@Of Skrillmau5 & Men the reason there doesn't seem to be any evidence is because n0name searched for alts using private methods. The chances of it being a mistake are slim.

Also on a final note at some point or another you have been friends with nearly all of his other accounts (including his main)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  5. Boss

Boss Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    There is no way I have been involved with DAVY BONES and the others I could just show you my Yahoo Email messages regarding about steam notifications, it is obvious that I made lots of friend which includes different "scammers" because I usually bump my trades on Dota2lounge which has different expensive items like Dragon Claw Hook, Magic Carpet Smeevil and other cosmetic virtual items in other words there are many scammer right now adding my account especially bots who are sending me phishing link and which explains why I reported lots of scammers at steamrep community.
    Here are the threads i can provide here from steamrep community:
    (This is the proof every time I bumps my trades on the Dota2lounge there are a lot of traders who add me for trade which includes the scammer and also it explains why I reported them for fraudulent scam attempt.)
    http://forums.steamrep.com/search/3846365/

I can't remember exactly being friends with this accused scammers because like i said before there are lots of traders adding me right now and I mostly believe they might also attempted to scam me. I'm not even sure if this is an informal excuse but I am very innocent regarding this matter if only if possible I could show you all of my trade history and email notifications from steam, I can show you that I never received any notifications from DAVY BONES from yahoo mail nor on steam. I have pledge to myself that I have no intention to fraud others I am not denying the facts that DAVY BONES and my account have the same IP address but I can assure you that it is a huge mistake to tagged as banned my account because I am not part of his fraudulent acts.

If there is something you need to see that I am innocent I can provide you all the necessary information to appeal my steamrep account, also I am very stress about this now because I can't believe I would be accused as alt account of scammer, I respect your way of identifying and searching through them with your "private methods" but I am no part of this fraud activity, obviously it might be mistake that we had the same IP because few months ago my account was nearly hacked by the hackers through phishing account which might explains that my IP address got disclose. They didn't hacked my account but i was able to change my email and password because I put all my username and password on the fake links. I don't wanna call this as my own theory but I just want to prove myself that I don't have any connection nor any part of this mess. Please do understand my concern steamrep is a big deal to me since i don't want to ruin my reputation on trade, and I don't want to insert some dramatic line here and I knew it won't work I have to do it formally to make you understand that I have no intention to fraud other people.

6. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    We are currently investigating the Steamrep ban on your side.
    We should have an answer about the appeal soon.

7. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    When did the hijacking of your account happen?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  8. Boss

Boss Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    i believe it happened one month after I created my steam, it most likely occurred on March I can still remember that there was a guy who automatically added me on steam after i bump my trades on Dota2lounge of course it's a bot they would just automatically send you a message saying "you add their friend and will provide you a steam link which is fake" so I foolishly ignored the link letters and proceed to enter my username and password with code there however I noticed that the fake steam link just keep redirecting and refreshing from the same format so I noticed something was fishy and checked my email. I was bit surprised that the IP address that was sent on my email was different from my location stating it was from Brazil which is not(I can barely remember all these information but I'll try to remember it). So i panic and changed my password and email's information. After that none of my items were stolen and changes some of my things on steam to make sure it's safe.

9. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Please send me a PM with a screenshot of the Email you got back then.

10. Boss

Boss Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'll try to search them on my yahoo email it was almost 7 months ago I'm not sure if i can find it but I'll try my best to provide you with this information.

11. Boss

Boss Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Unfortunately I can't find the yahoo email notifications from the steam community which will prove my innocence for this matter, it was almost 7 months ago and I can't guarantee if I can find them because I searched and browsed it on my yahoo email very thoroughly. The last date that was saved on my current yahoo email is "month of June to present" I can't find the notifications came from "month of march" because as I can recall the steam notifications for activation was sent to my email occurred on March. I can't even retrieved them from the yahoo email because there might be a possibility I made some clean up files to my account. My only way to regain my reputation is that you can see I am an honest trader and player of steam I am very concern on the community, I am also very aware of the fraudulent activity on steam as you can see here I reported a number of scammers:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/r...2-items.74581/
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/r...2-items.69336/
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/r...2-items.68384/
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/r...o-items.67963/
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/r...2-items.63632/
    I am very sorry for myself that I failed to provide my concrete evidence.
    I made this from different time and this is the proof that I am separated from them, perhaps this posts and threads are my only excuse for this time that I am very innocent and not involved with those bad guys. I don't have any reason to be involved with those scammers because like i said before I am ethically concerned on this community which explains I posted some reports against them. I hope that you will understand my situation right now. This proves that I am no involved with those bad guy and I am very concerned for the community, this is a very crucial thing I have to deal with, I want to regain my reputation from steamrep I don't want to ruin it this time. All I can say is that I am not guilty in this issues and I have no intention to hurt and create damage to the steam community.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  12. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm not a ADMIN but try here https://support.steampowered.com/ticketlist.php

13. Boss

Boss Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello any answer from the admins? :D
    -bump

14. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Okay, so I have noticed two things

1) He was banned for impersonation. How can he be banned for impersonation if he almost never has changed his username?

2) I checked his friendslist history (some of it, at least) and that's really all the info we have. At most he could have been used as a "channel" alt to help in hiding the scamming, but I don't really see that being sorts with someone like boss. He is also one of the only "alts" to make an actual appeal.

(but I do find it kinda fishy that you have all this rare stuff for only eight months or so in Dota 2)

15. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Skrill please note that the user is banned for an alt, this meant @n0name@n0name found several IP clashes between this user and the main account, while you can only see so much proof, n0name has more proof.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  16. Downie

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Like José mentioned just a bit more above, please contact steam support. We are waiting for some evidence that you did got hacked. Steam should have that somewhere.
    Until you have proven otherwise, I'm afraid we can't do much for you.

Also, non SR admins, please refrain from posting here. Thanks

17. Boss

Boss Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thank you for the response guys

I already sent a ticket to the steam support and I'm expecting to get a response from them for a week, it seems I don't have any chance to provide a concrete evidence if I fail to prove my innocence here because I think that steam support would definitely have strict rules about giving information for the users especially my yahoo email account in my case I gave them everything I can. This might take a month for me to request from steam support to provide all my notifications from yahoo email since they will probably ask more about the ownership for my email account. You can see on the list of alts that one of them are banned by valve on the other hand the other four of them have pending reports except mine who have 0 banned friends and no history of reports, additionally i don't want to mock the admins here but I also reported lots of scammers on steamrep so it's the only positive things about me. It seems this is my only chance to prove my innocence and if ever i fail to prove it then this is the only thing I can do to justify it for myself.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  18. Downie

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I understand your situation and understand that you are trying to get untagged as quickly as possible.
    But I'm afraid that we aren't able to remove a tag without proper evidence.

19. Boss

Boss Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello Guys,

The steam support has finally replied to my ticket and according to them "There is currently not a way for Steam Support to resend every email notification you have received." Here's the picture below:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    If there is no chance for me to prove something then i can accept that, since this is my first ban appeal would you give me another chance? This is a very good lesson to me because I should be more careful when interacting with others on steam and I promise to myself that I would not do the same mistake over again.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  20. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You might want to blur out your name since some people might get the smart idea of trying to hijack it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.