Declined JailBreak - Some rules and about admins

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by LovelyCreep, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovelyCreep

LovelyCreep Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    JailBreak - Sentrys and rules
    SENTRY: So the thing with sentries in the jailbreak... I'm confused there has been treating to ban people by building a sentry somewhere and almost every time I've seen player building a sentry in armory its instant ban or little time for them to destroy the sentry and when i saw the bunnie_lord (admin) built a sentry couple days ago in JB ml_castle outside armory in place that only rebellers could get trough a Easter egg pipe or running away it made me think that: We need sentry specific rules or some way to make it clear what is allowed and what isn't with them, I don't know am I the only person that is confused with that or not... but anyway let's start conversation about it to make it clear to everyone and would like to see it in !jb rules

Rule #4
    is (next quote) The Quote is from [THIS POST (link)]:
    and if I'm reading that correctly the rule means that wardens cant use sprays in orders like "Stand on top of my spray" or in spraydays but still they re common thing in the game mode, if i did understand this wrong please notify me.

LR's
    So not sure are wardens to "block" some lr's like: "freeday for all" or "Don't choose him for the freeday" etc.

!jbrules
    Only the rules in !jbrules should be bannable nor really in use and whoever is updating it pleas would you do it frequently

Bantimes Some and most common of the guard ban times should be preset and we should enourage admins to do some research what happened before acting, this is preatty common proplem I frecuently see on the server. Example of those bantimes:
    "Accident singe freekill or teamkill without suiciding right after or other ways making up for the accident: ~15 to 30 max 60 mins (over that is kinda overtime)
    "Not accidently did single freekill or teamkill (with suicide or other way to make up the kill ~30 to 120 (2 hours) ) without: ~60 -240 (4 hours)
    "Spamfreekilling (over 3 kills in row) if player has under 2 hour of playtime on the server ~120 (2 hours) - 360 (6 hours) and without ~600 (10 hours) to Infite" this is so the new players that don't know would have time to read the rules and get comfortable with them and them having possibility to play as guard without waiting 10 000 hours that some of them get for massfreekilling before knowing the rules. this would encourage admins to do little research too and its never a bad thing (admins if you want things wanted to do with almost no casualties slay the freekiller before giving them ban or give them 15 min ban and use that time to research and after that give them ban with the real lenght.

Admins & rule knowledge[/B] is pretty bad on the server, I really appreciate bunny_lords time spent to get known with rules and suggesting new ones :) but then there's too many of them who don't know them too well and there should be some kind of test with the application like couple questions, example: "What would you do if someone is saying: "F*CK YOU WARDEN HE FREEKILLED ME "and the killfee shows <warden> killed <exampleprisioner>" and correct answer would be example: "If I didn't see that with my own eyes and I need proof before guardbanning the warden and would ask: "What happened <warden> and <examplepricioner>" and if <warden> says that the <exampleprisioner> didn't follow rules and couple guards and/or prisioner could confirm that, and after that admin wouldn't give ban to <warden> nor to <examplepricioner>". Remember that just example, and there's coupe admins and thingst that I have seen in them:

Jaffa often respawning himself, not researching before acting, low knowledge with rules and some specific parts of them
    Darkregen continuous cursing, not researchign before acting /And seems that low knowledge with rules (not really sure havent seen him online too much)/
    Leeroy Jenkins decent knowledge with rules ​
    Watson/downie Nothing to complain about
    bunnie_lord nothign to complain about

(rest I don't remember currently nor haven't played with them)

There properly are A LOT of typos and misspellings moderators of forums feel free to correct all the misspellings and bunnielord had trouple finding your steamprofile :S if you can find mine feel free to send a friend request. And admins of the Jailbreak don't get angry about the comments they re how i PERSONALLY see how things are... ps: This took A LONG TIME TO make so please show some respect for me trying to make better community... I'm tiered trying to get trust of people and getting hatred!
    Sent with love and care by: ♥cяεερ♥ <3

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  2. Lord of Olympus

Lord of Olympus Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    All admins must know the rules, and are therefore very aware of them.
    But criticism is still criticism.

we dont have any shitty admins...

3. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Building sentries is considered baiting. However, building sentries in armoury/near cells almost always results in freeshooting/killing or armoury camping. I built a sentry far away from reds, where you could only get when rebelling/cheating in a game. About the sprays, you have a point, however, it's also to prevent reds from having a "yellow line" spray.

Also, I'm not a fan of giving out Teambaas for baiters . Else we should just remove the list and make a rule where is stated that doing €lx will result in a team ban.

4. Downie

Downie CEO of Downcorp Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Lord. He never said we have shitty admins. He just stated his opinion about the current active admins on jb.

5. Lord of Olympus

Lord of Olympus Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yes I know. Just wanted to point it out.

6. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Either way we are all STILL going to use our own banlengths, and we all know the rules. And really, youre obviously missing the point that i only guardban if i see a person doing it, im not that guy who bans someone because they get reported.

And why the fuck do you even rate us, we can curse, so can you. Also "low understanding of the rules" are you kidding me? As admins we are probally the ones who know the rules the best, i have all of them on a big fuckin list or i just remember them, and if Jaffa respawns himself without reason, make a report on him.

Im here to do my job, not doing something else because people dislike it.

To be fair i just think you dislike me, and though i dont give a shit. Then going about saying shit about us, isnt the best way to do it. Your personal opinion is appretiated but i dont think it is very 'appretiated' if you start rating us as admins.

7. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm not an admin on Jailbreak, but seriously?
    10 hours for a mass freekill?

8. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If you are going to rate our admins on their 'knowledge' of rules then please, show me all the previous admin experiences you have had in your life, also the part where you said the applicants would have to answer certain questions, if the applicant really wants the job, then he/she should be on the server watching the admins do their jobs, then they can get certain knowledge and put it in their application, also saying certain admins have low knowledge of rules is a pretty bad way to go considering you came here and gave constructive criticism.

9. Downy

Downy Retired Staff Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  10. LovelyCreep

LovelyCreep Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If you think that is too long most of the current admins give 1000 minutes to 10000 minutes and that's too much for most situations and if they have been on the server over 2hours they should know not to kill reds without a valid reasoning and they should know the reason too.
    If you think that's not enoght it could be extented...

Edit: just so you all know the guard ban times are have to spend online in the server for them going away, was not sure did you reliaze that

11. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello @LovelyCreep@LovelyCreep i'm not admin on this community but i was the head admin in a very big portuguese community of jailbreak on CS:Source, its equal in TF2 in terms of pay load to admin.
    That being said. You have to understand that things like jailbreak are usually played by younger people(usually), that means tons of insults, freekills, etc... Admins need to be a bit cruel sometimes. Jail is a server that requires a lot of admins for the reasons above ,for what i've seen they all have some time played on the server and they most likely know the rules. Rating then will not help, its a bit dirty to do it (in my opinion), if you see an admin not complying with the rules make a report on the right section.
    About the time of the bans, on my community mass freekill would be 3 month to permanent depending on the circumstances. You can argue saying "they are just new players they dont know how jailbreak works", well they should read the rules before playing.
    Also i do think that you i've been a bit misunderstood , i can see that you were only trying to help. I fell like some admins should reply with a bit more proper matters.

That said, sorry for the big text, hope this helps, gl ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  12. LovelyCreep

LovelyCreep Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You have point in: also the part where you said the applicants would have to answer certain questions, if the applicant really wants the job, then he/she should be on the server watching the admins do their jobs, then they can get certain knowledge and put it in their application and I've gone trought a lot of the admin applications and almost no showcase about knowing the rules, and if you don't care too much about the rules make someone watch over the Junior admins so they couldn't do anything bad without getting noticed too much. And as you asked there's list of servers that I've become something:

MuroCraft:
    Web Page: MuroCraft
    About: Well Murocraft is one of the biggest Finish Minecraft servers and It's the one I play currently in a. I found the server in about ~1½ year ago and co-owner and admins started to appreciate the ammount of time that i had spend making cumminity projects and events and they said that I could have good changes to get admin.
    About rank: So I did send admin request and it passed and i got rank: [VALVOJA] and it translates to Overseer (or something like that) and it's preatty much like moderator in most servers and its first rank towards admin.

Kesäteatteri
    Steam Page:http://steamcommunity.com/groups/kesateatteriTF2
    About: Kesäteatteri is a dm_duel server in teamfortress 2 and I asked about the owner of the server how could I apply to become admin becouse there is too many rule breaking players and she just said that I could have it and thats the very interesting story about me in that server, I don't really care about that server anymore theres almost no players on and too many Russians there that doesn't know how to speak english so communicating with players were too hard too...
    About rank: Well they had 2 ranks, Admin and player and I got the Admin after talking to the Owner.

Spoocraft
    WepPage: I don't think it has one.
    About: Well spoocraft or fez /Feed em Zombies/ is a private Minecraft / teamfortress2 community that I'm youngest in a and I have +1 ranking in it and it's kinda (moderator) like rank that I can teleport to players in minecraft server and use some plugin commands like /orebfuscor commands or /anticheat commands to get all the client hackers and rule breakers banned from the community.
    About rank: Well the ranking goes from 0 to +3 and 0 is normal player +3 is all canny admin in both servers, and like I said I had the lowest rank of admin / moderator.

and the last and the server that I cared most:

Skycraft
    Webpage: Taken down by the owner.
    About: Skycraft was a 30slot minecraft server that was hosted from Canada and there were lot of active players (about 80 in day) and it was one of my favorite minecraft servers / gaming communities that I've ever been in and I joined it in minecraft version 1.2.5 and Its A LONG TIME AGO i think its between 3 to 4 years. So I have played in that server over 2½ years pretty much nostop and I really loved it and after the first 1 year i got veteran rank in the server and got suggestion from admins to try get an admin and I tried and I got. After one year of being an Cadmin i got promoted to Badmin and its the second best rank in the server and I loved that but as I were playing there I got message from Owner that he has to shut down the server because of not enoght players being active anymore and that causes not getting enogth ad money from website and not enogth players donated and the server got shut down.
    And like I said before it was the server that I could go always on a and after it got shut i released that couple admins were disturbing the players too much and that properly caused active players to get away from the server.

Edit: And if you don't get it way i act ill tell you straight: IM worried about this F.O.G. jailbreak dying like skycraft did it just left big hole in me and I don't wanna lose things I care about

13. Tomorsomething

Tomorsomething Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Creep, we don't need a story on the servers you became admin on.

Also, I wouldn't worry about FoG going down, there are many donators and people on the website for it to not go down.

Also I do not even understand what this thread is anymore.

14. LovelyCreep

LovelyCreep Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    :/ Im just closing this i dont care anymore... it seems that no one does

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.