Accepted Ban Appeal - [AtB] TheMeerCat

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by [TmC]TheMeerCat, Aug 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [TmC]TheMeerCat

[TmC]TheMeerCat Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: [TmC]TheMeerCat
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:47462155
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055190038
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/themeercat
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198055190038
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    [AtB] TheMeerCat
    When did it happen?
    About a year ago
    What's the specified reason?
    Steam Community Group Ban (AttackTheBlock) Advertising
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    I was on the server minding my own buisness and then a couple of guys came online saying "Hey we're starting a clan anyone care to join" myself, only just starting the game thought it would be a fun thing to do, so I added the guys and spoke to them and they're we like "Okay you're in just put [AtB] in your name. I willingly accepted, and then the two clan owners who I spoke with got banned for advertising, my ban states I was banned for advertising, I did not advertise at all what-so-ever I merely joined the clan, admittedly it was foolish of me, so I presume I was infact banned for association with the clan. It's a good year since that time now and I believe that I am responsible enough to not make any further mistakes.

2. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Since the chatlogs automaticly erase itself after 14 days, we cant check your chatlogs of any "advertising" but i trust you.

BUT, since it's one year after the banhammer was called opon you, i belive that it is too late for this appeal to even have a chance, but that lies with my own oppinion, you'll have to wait until noname comes along.

I just checked the ban, and it wasnt an individual ban, but a group ban. Which is kinda harsh considering some of the people who were in the group might not even have been a part of the "Advertising"

I think you should be unbanned.

3. The12hunter21

The12hunter21 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    why do u not do this the same year you got banned, u can say that he still has intrerest since he still cares about the server, but he most likely went to one of the servers and saw that he got banned
    also one week until a year.
    aJN7U.png

4. [TmC]TheMeerCat

[TmC]TheMeerCat Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Because I didn't think to appeal, as I stated I had only just started playing, I had no idea you could appeal. I wasn't entirely sure why I was banned at the time to be perfectly honest, I just didn't feel the need to. Also don't be picky if I was 1 week off. :mad:

5. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It really doesn't sound like you deserve the ban at all.

Not sure what sort of banhappy fella it was who did that..

...but I vote for him getting unbanned.

6. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Write TheMeerCat in bans and find him, either wsy it were ace.

7. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    In any case, even if it was Ace I think he had little idea how this guy was "involved".

Not saying he did a bad choice, it probably looked different for him after all.

8. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm up for unbanning a guy
    +1

All the reasons are stated above

9. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You can't "vote" on the appeal from a banned player, that's entirely useless.
    He will only get unbanned if we can prove he is innocent/deserves an unban, so we'll wait for Ace's statement.

10. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm sorry, I've said this before, but why do people wait one year? Why not make an appeal right away so we can do something about it? Anyway, I guess this person should be unbanned, TRUSTING that they were not advertising.

11. Tomorsomething

Tomorsomething Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hey, you guys are believing this guy you don't know at all the first time he tells you something, maybe he waited a year for the chatlogs to be erased. You can never be sure.

12. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Perhaps, but probably not.

We'll have to wait for Ace.

13. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The reasons most of us have been "voting for him to be unbanned" is because it's mostly to express our feelings based on the information the appeal tells us.

Ace's side of the story is required as well.

14. [TmC]TheMeerCat

[TmC]TheMeerCat Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Look I'm not trying to lie or stir up trouble, honestly I just want to use your unusual trade server. And as I stated at the time I was rather new to the game

15. [TmC]TheMeerCat

[TmC]TheMeerCat Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Also I don't really think it would be worth it waiting one year for a server in fairness, although you made a valid point.

16. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Tbh I doubt Ace even remembers this dude.

17. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Given that Ace has not been giving any reply to the thread and with Otter's rather formidable theory, I decided to unban him.

You can't call someone guilty without evidence; if that was possible I could just go and yell that Ninja otter has stolen several goods from me.
    How is he supposed to prove that to be false?

It's because you go the other way around:
    You prove someone guilty by providing evidence. There's so far nothing that does that.

I hereby unban him and suggest a ban only if there's crystal clear evidence.

If anything, I'd say the people that wears the horm tag are even more guilty of this crime because they claim to be a group for fog despite there being an official one (so I heard anyway).

18. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I also want to point this out said by the big boss himself:
    Meercat added me recently just to discuss this. I'd say it goes to show he cares about getting the ban lifted; why would he go through the effort? He clearly proves one thing: intention on playing on our servers.
    [​IMG]
    Face it, with Ace not here to reply and with the complete lack of evidence (Him not making an appeal for a long time is not sufficient reason to neglect him) does not justify him being perma-banned.

Spit out some legit argument if you want to explain why he doesn't deserve a second chance.

19. Münsterkatt サム

Münsterkatt サム Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I believe he does, especially since there is little known and (s)he seems to care a lot.

20. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well since we have a zero tolerance against advertising, and the ban is over a year old so no evidence is left.
    At the time of the ban there might have been evidence or none at all, and it's so long ago I'm sure ace doesn't remember him (can't remember most of the bans I did in the last 2 days)
    I'd give him a last chance and if he goes against the rules (again) perma ban him again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.