Rejected Ban Appeal - چوب کاج خوب است

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Ying, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ying

Ying Member

Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: Chorizo Picante
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:33385864
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027037456
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/2k120299
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198027037456
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    چوب کاج خوب است
    When did it happen?
    29/07/2014
    What's the specified reason?
    Please, take your time to read this since it took me some time build this.

The specified reason is: “Breaking Server Rules”.(Link)

However, I consider it would be better to try to explain this a little bit (I said “try” because I’m not fully aware of the true reason). Since I haven’t found any place to explain the problem inside this template, I will do it here:

In the morning of July 29th, I was playing in the 2fort server with a couple of friends, when I was suddenly permanently banned by “Dakte”, without any warning. This person wasn’t even in the server at that time.

Demo where the ban can be seen, without any kind of warning.

I decided to talk to Triforce, hoping to know what just happened. He directly pasted this in the chat:

01:55 - Triforce: 01:54 - Dakte: Breaking server rules, he's had his warnings. Ontop of that he's racist beyond compare
    01:54 - Dakte: I do not tollerate racism of any kind,
    01:54 - Dakte: and neither does the server rules.
    01:55 - Dakte: He's had enough warnings. He's an obnoxious little fella that had this coming a long time ago.

Dakte was referring to this. (Reading starts from the lowest part).

Just to clarify it, please, keep in mind that I have nothing against the Israelite people nor other nationalities, I just don’t approve what their government is currently doing. Also, I’m not Arabian, it was just an occasional name I had. If someone got offended by this, I highly apologise for it.

Notice how several people enter in the discussion and say the same kind of comments, yet I am the only one banned.

I will also mention that I never got any warning from the admin that banned me. Never. I got instead, warned by Triforce, who happens to be in my friends list and gave me a shout through the steam chat. I finally agreed what he said, and the thing had apparently ended there.

Now, to understand why I reacted that way, please, continue reading:

From some weeks ago until the ban moment, a guy who happened to be from Israel, started being annoying towards me (especially since I started using the Persian name). He would call me “Tasa” for some reason I don’t know, and after a couple of fights against him, he would always follow me to my team, thing that I would start avoiding (I wanted to fight against him).

This person also spammed a really huge amount of times, the grammatically incorrect sentence “Viva la Israel” in an attempt to be funny trying to speak Spanish, which happens to be my mother tongue. This obviously caught my attention, and kind of bothered because of that, made me explode and say the previously shown sentences.

Image of the guy complaining.

Image of the guy spamming.

Even though nowadays the person involved into this is still keeping the spam up, I didn’t give it any importance. Neither did he at that moment, since he started being “friendly” with me (Picture 1, Picture 2) after the incident.

I came to the conclusion that this admin banned me without being aware of the situation. (Remember the ban reason: "Breaking server rules", which is ambiguous). I honestly don’t see how I am a “Racist beyond compare”.
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    Since I was apparently banned for racism, I will paste here the definition of racism:

Racism (noun) : The belief that people's qualities are influenced by their race and that the members of other races are not as good as the members of your own, or the resulting unfair treatment of members of other races. Source

After reading this definition, I cannot find or remember any of my actions matching it.

Also, I was unfairly banned by an admin who wasn’t in-game to warn me, (remember that person has never warned me), and I was banned 5 days after the incident, and after another admin letting me continue playing (in this case yes, I was warned by him).

Also, the rules state that racism issues (in the case I had been racist), should be punished with a ban lasting from 1 day until 1 week.
    I really enjoy playing on the 2fort server, and I’d feel much better knowing that I’d have the possibility to join one of the few alive 24 slot 2fort servers.

And again, I highly apologise if someone found this offensive, I didn’t mean to hurt anyone. Be sure it won't happen again.

2. Damiensdk

Damiensdk Banned

If you would've read further down, it says "We reserve the right to change the rules at any time" under the permanant ban section.
    Also, admins are not required to give warnings as far as I know.

3. SynchronizedMurders [FoG]

SynchronizedMurders [FoG] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Everybody says that, yet...

Why would we want someone as offensive as you to play on our servers?

4. Ying

Ying Member

Well, the rules haven't changed yet, right?

I don't think we have ever met in-game. Don't you think it's a bit harsh to judge without knowing every situation?

5. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You obviously have learnt your lesson and a permanent ban for this i kinda stupid once you know the full situation, I think the permanent ban here should be lifted.

6. Bunnie_Lord

Bunnie_Lord Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Why don't we ban the other guy as well for harassing?

On-topic: Everybody loses their cool sometimes. TBH, I think this is a case of harassment by the other player and that this player should be given a second chance.
    N0name asked all admins to keep the ban lenghts in mind, as that is stated in the rules. Also, with we, I think n0name means him/Downy if suggestions are approved.

7. Pruu

Pruu Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    We have a zero tolerance on any discrimination of any kind..

[​IMG]

Would this not mean you're assuming the whole country and it's citizens are, right?..

Cause' it sure looks like it to me, you never specified the Governments at all, you just generalized the entire country.

Concerning this, we're judging based off of your initial introduction to us... and it ain't good at all.

Needs more evidence of why or why you shouldn't be unbanned.

8. Ying

Ying Member

I didn't specify it because it is implicit, when I said "Israel kills children" (and all other sentences), I'm not generalising, since "the entire country" and citizens don't obviously do that, it's more like the government.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  9. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yeah you lost your cool, that doesn't mean you have to start a discussion on a server in which you openly insult another country.

10. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So I took my time reading the wall of text.

I don't think you should be unbanned because you failed to keep a calm composure and discriminated all of Israel because of one individual.

That is no reason for you to lash out the way you did. Looks to me you're only making an excuse for lifting your ban by dragging in unrelated events, complete with you admitting to having a bad temper. "made me explode and say the previously shown sentences."

As the other said, admins do not have to give a warning prior to a ban and honestly I wouldn't in this case either.
    You say Triforce warned you, but you still kept going on? Is that saying you ignored his warning?

"I have nothing against..."
    Your chatlogs say different and so does your appeal

I vote no for unbanning this man who hopes his excuses and the "magic word sorry" has any meaning.

You also harassed Dakte, furthermore deserving of exile.

11. Ying

Ying Member

Right, hence I wrote my apologies.

12. Wandolf

Wandolf Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Your apologies are bad, as well as your excuses and you should feel bad

13. Ying

Ying Member

My post clearly shows how these events are totally related. Why would you lie?

I did not keep going on, in fact, I left the server after that. You can go ask him if you want.

Please, continue that sentence until the end. You'll see my chatlogs aren't contradicting it.

14. Ying

Ying Member

Well, that can be debatable.

15. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'll sound hypocritical for saying this, you basically lashed out at an entire country because someone was pissing you off, you harassed admins, and quote: Israel is a cancer, now that doesn't really sound like your talking about the government wouldn't this sentence also refer to Israel citizens?, technically speaking, you lashed out against an Israelite citizen, why does their government get involved in this? perhaps you're making excuses to save your own ass?, yes you are, I don't see any reason that you should be unbanned.

16. Ying

Ying Member

I already explained this but I'll do it again. The guy was spamming in the public chat, being annoying towards me, trying to speak my language and acclaiming his country which is involved in a war period. Doesn't it sound politics-related?

Pic

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  17. Dakte

Dakte Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I said racism. I ment anti-semitism. That's on me.

As you wrote "Israel is cancer" publically like that it's open for interpretation. If you ment the government or the people, that would be completely open for discussion.

So what happened was that someone told me I should check your chatlogs. I didn't see the other one's chatlog, so it became a little out of context. I would've done something about him too if I had seen it.
    I remember you clearly.
    On 2fort, you're always rude, and almost everything you say is a complaint or an insult towards other players. "This retard soldier" - You
    Every damn time.
    You're also spawncamping. It's against the rules. You seem to have a difference in opinion of what that is compared to me, but let's explain that to the others, shall we;
    YOu continously use stickybombs on the main spawnroom door.
    I say continously because you put stickies there, kill X number of players, go away, jump around a little, spam some grenades at the door, and you keep repeating this process. 'Til I warn you and you stop. Until the next time you visit the server. I warned you several times and if my memory serves me correctly I even kicked you for that once or twice. Or thrice.
    Yes I do admit I should have banned you a long time ago, but all these reasons and the way you ignored my warnings kept piling up.
    The clearly anti-semitic remarks were the last straw.
    I, do not accept racism OF ANY KIND.

Not to mention when you thought I was hacking. Spilling things like "FOG accepts every app they get nowadays" or something, I don't quite recall. You kept persecuting me of how I apparantly "hacked", and that's probably fine, it's not uncommon. But the things you said were rude, and I won't take crap from a guy that keeps acting as obnoxious as you do. You have nothing funny, witty, constructive, nor positive thing to say. Almost ever.

As my "vote" doesn't count here as I'm the one who banned you, be advised, I will not, unban you.
    Someone else will have to do that.

As for the political debate you were having with this other person, keep that somewhere else. We don't need a debate like this openly for everyone to see.
    It brings out the worst in people.

18. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Curry, don't worry of being hypocritical. That is not related in this case.

And that's a very good point as well you're making.

Like I said, you're really not standing out to be sorry, more like "I fucked up, better say sorry and we forget this" is what it all looks like.
    Like Pruu said; tell us, show us why you shouldn't be unbanned.

Looking at your chatlog is not a pretty sight. It's not looking like I am talking to someone that I'd ever befriend.

19. Curry Pyro

Curry Pyro Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Then you could of reported him, but instead you decided to say: Israel is a cancer, this sentence is probably the main reason for your ban, you could of also easily made a player report against him, avoiding all of this hassle.

20. Ying

Ying Member

I am fully aware of my actions, I know I can be a bit impulsive at times, but nobody ever has complained about my actions besides my gameplay.

I've already heard of you banning, kicking (me for example) and muting several people without being aware of the facts or investigating. I can say you are too impulsive in terms of administration.

If you think I spawncamp, please, feel free give some proofs. You already kicked me once (not 3 times), for no reason. I've never ignored your warning, because there have never been any kind of warnings. Again, feel free to post some proofs.

About the hacking thing, yes, I did insist on you because I was strongly believed (and believe) there was something that wasn't right. Since the issue seemed to magically disappear, I stopped insisting.

You won't see me accusing anyone without any proofs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.