Invalid Banned from admin continuing to message me after trade

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Spencer Pootis, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spencer Pootis

Spencer Pootis Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So I happily joined one of your trading servers, as I was in the trading mood. I asked someone ( who turned out to be an admin ) to trade me after adding as friend his name was fog l xxsam. I offered the following in return for his following: My shoguns shoulder guard, for his Carbonado Botkiller Scattergun and the Front Runner. Which is me trading him a 0.33 profit right? Then I added a strange Rocket Launcher for his Fast Learner, which accordingly was another profit of 1.33, so altogther a profit of 1.66. Now, I should probably mention something. I'm the type of guy, who, if I want something, will do the best I can to get it. So I then added a strange Concheror, 2 scrap and 2 reclaimed metals. So now add up the profit, you'll find it makes it now a profit total of 3.5 refined metals. He says that isn't a profit and cancels the trade. Which I didn't really care about, But anyway, I implied him as to why not? I explained that the goal of trading is to make profit, especially when he never needed to beg or ask for it. He said "that's not profit." Now correct me if i'm wrong but a profit is when you basically gain more then give more out. Which I was, to an extent. He then (knowing his defeat as to making profit) tried to do the whole, "anyway, I don't want a profit like that" excuse. Obviously I might add as didn't he before "say that's not profit" Huh?:D So many mistakes. So then I say okay fair enough but your are missing a profit and went back into the game to kill some scoots and stuff. xD Then I get a message back saying i'm trying to scam him, yet I explained to him that he was gaining a 3.5 refined metal, for pretty much free. Not a scam at the slightest. So I told him he was getting profit and he uses what I presume to be an excuse. "Your bp.tf and server prices themselves are outdated. Now if this is true, then I should be unbanned as I didn't know this and it isn't my fault. If this isn't true which I believe is an excuse, then I Obviously shouldn't be banned. He then says "lol I started at these little profits ( once again admits he was wrong earlier ) until I traded my way to buds and unusuals" He then says hes a big trader I said "same" He says I know what profit is, I said same. He then says to those two tiny agreeing comments that i'm a smart-ass. I reply once again with, "if giving someone else free profit makes me a smart-ass, so be it" Which is fine and true. I see the background the game displays when your connecting to a server yet I was on one. So I thought I probably timed out or the servers refreshing. To my suprise however It said "you have been banned from this server" I thought back to earlier and tried to think "what did I do wrong? He continued to argue after I said stop, he tries to hide the excuse of profiteering and outdated bp, which im still not sure about. So please, unban me from this server as I have clearly dont nothing wrong. Also my banned time is 3 months, seriously??? Anyways I hope you take this into concideration as I have now (thanks to the admin) wasted my time here. Me and my buddies go on this server lot for fun and to obviously trade. If need be message xxsam so him, me and the reader may sit back and confront each-other. Thanks!

2. Spencer Pootis

Spencer Pootis Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just wanted to add, I now know why some admins get bad rep. Because of people like these. Oh yeah, he even swore at me. What a nice guy xD

3. Donald

Donald Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Trying to flame at admins is generally not a nice thing or anyone else not only admins :D
    But from what i understood (didn't read everything carefully, just looked at it once) ;
    You wanted to trade with him, he refused, u tried to push him to trade with you and kept annoying him even tho he said no and than you got banned?

4. xxsam

xxsam Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yes, basically. He was condescending me, and that's why I swore at him. It pisses me off when someone calls you kid. He was being really pushy, and he kept on arguing back and forth, saying things like I can't count, and then when I typed 1 2 3 4 etc he tried to be smartass saying that's typing not counting.

"Then I get a message back saying i'm trying to scam him" That's a straight up lie.

Most of the things in quote marks you said were never said. I did have the chat, but I closed TF2 with the chat in the steam overlay.

"He then (knowing his defeat as to making profit) tried to do the whole..." Uh no.

"He continued to argue after I said stop" Another lie, you fueled the argument too, and you never said stop. You said you'd remove me, but no, you carried on.

"Also my banned time is 3 months, seriously???" It's 2 days.

I hate people who follow bp.tf religiously. I asked him to go show me someone selling a carbonado scatter for 4 ref, to which he didn't reply and changed the subject.

Anyway, I'm done with editing this post now. I believe I have said what is needed.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  5. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Seeing as this way all done in pms from what I can tell, unless either you or sam have chat logs it's very hard to prove what either of you said, for instance whether or not the ban had any reason behind it. Also your ban is only 2 days.

6. Namaco

Namaco Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I don't know who to trust.

Attached Files:

7. Admio

Admio Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I understand that he was bugging sam who didnt want to trade in the end. That's why he got banned...

8. Jarza

Jarza Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    ugh this big wall of text makes my eyes hurt...
    tldr

9. Damiensdk

Damiensdk Banned

tldr: Complete lies.

10. Jettan's Horse

Jettan's Horse Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    tl;dr : I want my stuff wtf I'm now going to make a thread about this dude not selling me his stuff for the rpice I want

also memes

11. Jozan

Jozan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]
    I am having an easy time to side with Sam because of several reasons.

1. Sam is one of the older admins. He wouldn't be where he is if he wasn't "trustable" or "illdoing his job".
    2. Like Sam, I dislike people who "follow bp.tf religiously" because what matters to me is that both parties are satisfied with their share of a trade. I sometimes make profit, I sometimes lose on trades according to bp.tf, but as long as I feel happy and the other party does too, why should one then care about what some website says?

Also, Spencer Pootis - I have a request.

Make some darned paragraphs. It is painful for the eye to read that wall of text.
    Look how I've written this post, splitting it to make it much more easier to read.

You already make it hard for me to take your word for honest when you included a happy smiley in your complaint.
    [​IMG]
    Would you be as kind to explain to me what exactly you're meaning by that?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  12. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
  13. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Marking as invalid, since we don't handle ban appeals for temporary bans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.