Implemented A small suggestion.

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Pudgey, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pudgey

Pudgey Shinji did nothing wrong Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Okay, hey fellas.

I'm going to make this short because i'm really lazy, doesn't need to be long anyway.

Could we please, for the love of god make using text to speech on the servers against the rules? Its insanely stupid and the "fun" element of it vanished long ago.

You may be thinking "but pudge... just mute the user" nah, it isnt as simple as that.. people are constantly chat spamming rubbish with !tts at the start, even if you mute the main user you can still see all of this flooding up in the chat.

Yes, the main tts user can ban players from using it, but then again.. it still clogs up the chat with crap.

tldr; make using text to speech against the rules because its really bloody annoying and noone likes it.

2. Maestro

Maestro Obnoxious shitkid Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I agree more than I disagree here, it can be fun as long as there ain't retards spamming / flooding the chat as you mentioned. But it can be hella annoying when they're spamming in a exaggerated way.

Imo, the tts owner SHOULD ask an Admininstrator for permission whether he's allowed to use tts or not allowed to use it. Which should be done in the very first place.

3. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Isnt text to speech already included in the ''Do not spam the microphone ( This includes music and sounds )'' rule? I've seen a few people get muted for using text to speech on Trade.

I am however going to have to agree with you. The text to speech thing really isnt that funny after 5 minutes.

EDIT: Adding to maestro. I agree, the tts user should ask an admin for permission before doing his sounds.

4. Pudgey

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yes, it does fall under micspam. You're correct.

But, Maestro, by asking an admin for permission to use it they are basically getting the right to both micspam/chatspam because you need to use chat to make it work. That being said nobody who plays on trade has the mental capacity to use it responsibly.. even if they are banned by the main user.. they still spam the chat like an idiot.

Basically this whole text to speech thing is a mess.

5. Koga73

Koga73 kill @all Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Why even have such a thing.
    We don't have it on discord, why have it on the servers?

6. Maestro

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Agreed.
    If it happens that it gets exaggerated, by the spam. I will simply just do actions on the user(s) spamming tts. Either the owner, or the users.
    Which in this case would be muting, still the consequences will be whining that I muted him, as always.

EDIT: Adding to Koga - tts can be a bitch, quite often too.

7. Pudgey

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Its funny because, players even try to use the !tts command when there isnt even anyone using it on the server, its become a plague and it needs to be stopped.

8. ><Gouminho

><Gouminho Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    well tts is usually used on the trade server on the other hand i dont agree being banable i mean if people are spamming it all the time sure why not but if they use it to talk or etc i dont see a reason why

9. Maestro

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @&gt;&lt;Gouminho@><Gouminho you just countered the suggestion, we don't want spam. If they spam it then actions such as gagging or muting will arrive.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  10. Tri.

Tri. Legacy Management

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    >the joke is old
    >not funny anymore
    >it's rather annoying
    >people go full retard when someone uses tts

+1

11. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Added rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.