Implemented Suggested changes to !benefits

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Enrimeus, Aug 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enrimeus

Enrimeus alt_Human Member

After playing on the server for a while and using the hat manager from this command on the server I learned there are some things that came to mind aswell to other people.

1: No visible prices - It would be helpful for when you want to buy something with your points you can see how much it is actually worth.

2: Missing effects - Other users have made me aware we are missing many unusual effects and I feel it would be suitable to at the very least have all of them available for purchase.

3: Effects cannot always be applied - Sometimes the effects cannot be applied to a user's tf2 loadout because of their hat choice and so can't benefit from what they have bought with their points.

4: Effects cannot be taken off - Some users may regret attaching an effect to their head because it doesn't look as good and want to detach it but there's no option for that, I think it would benefit users to have the option to take off the effects if they wish. - Now invalid, just been told there's a command for that.

5: Points cannot be refunded once spent - Of all my suggestion it isn't that horrible but having the ability to refund an effect if you don't want to have anymore would be nice for users to use, maybe make the refund give them reduced points than what they spent so they still have to farm to get equal again.

Thank you for reading and feel free to tell me why you disagree with anything here in detail or show your support for these suggested changes.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  2. GoldenEngi™

GoldenEngi™ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I would love to see these changes in effect, because at the moment the benefit system is a bit buggy and needs A LOT more features like the ones listed in this thread, for example the Refunds and the fact the effects can't be taken off. If these are integrated then it would make the system a lot less stressful and more usable.

3. Spartan

Spartan Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The fact that you cannot remove them is a feature not a bug, or lack of feature, its a VIP benefit.

Others I agree would be nice to implement.

4. Enrimeus

Just hoping we could get some new features added to this. I see what you mean by some of it being VIP benefit, I'll take another look at VIP benefits to double check if I've been making mistakes but people who farm points overtime do get access to the benefits command. After all, all users can put !benefits and earn points by doing stuff on the server and getting unusual effects so this is directed more towards that.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  5. Oku!

Oku! Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You can take effects off by using command "sm_hatremove <effect|color|all> [all|current]"
    example: "/hatremove all " in the chat to remove all attached effects from your hats.

6. Enrimeus

How about a team spirit sole mate with the nebula effect, how would you put in the command for that?
    And is this sm cmd available for all users?

7. Oku!

Oku! Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Idk how to use the command to remove single effect, test it yourself.
    It works for me so it should be available for all users.

8. Bambi

Bambi Puffbuck Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I remember using !hatremove all all
    It removes all effects from all hats. And if you put just sm_hatremove in console it tells you the full command.

Also there is an old thread with effects prices here.

9. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    1. Could be done.

2. Please list the missing effects down below, should be easy to add.

3. The plugin takes the first "hat" it finds and applies it on that. Everything else would become more/far too complex.

4. See above

5. Could be done.

No ETA as always, may take up to some weeks.

10. Enrimeus

I'll get a list of the missing effects sorted asap

11. Enrimeus

There are a total of 96 unusual hat effects in tf2 that I counted on the wiki and a total of 85 effects available using the command. Meaning we are missing 11 effects and its going to take a while to find those 11 of 96, I'll get the list and edit this post but at least I know how many we're missing.

12. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Those 11 are possibly also weapon effects.

13. Bambi

Bambi Puffbuck Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    And/or taunt effects, neither of which can be added I'm guessing.

14. Enrimeus

Nope, I ignored the weapon effects but I may have included the taunt effects, if there are 11 unusual taunt effects then we aren't missing a single hat effect and I was wrong. Some people said we were missing effects but tbh I only looked for nebula to equip :3

15. M 4 R C

M 4 R C Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    832773a001.png
    These are the missing effects

Edit: I sadly do not know the English names.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  16. Enrimeus

I can see the event and year though, halloween 2015, now we know, thank you for getting the answer for me, really appreciate it ^^

17. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    The approved changes have now been implemented, namely refunds and showing the prices.
    Refund deducts 25% from the the original buy price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.