Accepted [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - z3n1th has Hockey Hair

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by .Zenith_SC, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .Zenith_SC

.Zenith_SC Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: Zenith_sc
    | steam3ID: [U:1:107980720]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:53990360
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068246448
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z3n1th_sc
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198068246448
    Type of appeal
    SteamRep tag removal/downgrade
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    z3n1th has Hockey Hair
    When did it happen?
    12/03/15
    What's the specified reason?
    I had been "trading" with a Scammer, when I got scammed by them.
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    To Whomever it concerns,
    Thank you for your time in considering my appeal to taking away my mark as a Scammer on SteamRep.

To fully understand the scenario that led to my banning on SteamRep, I have to tell the story of my trading partnership with Victim (http://steamcommunity.com/id/badratsmaster). Victim and I met nearly a year and a half ago, when I was trying to sell an unusual, and I knew that I had met an amazing trader. He had an amazing way of talking to potential buyers and sellers that secured deals that seemed mindboggling.

That November, we decided to partner and pool our backpacks together to amass a greater item. With his superior trading experience, and my ability to quickly value trades we were set up for success. We decided that we would share the items, trading them back and forth whenever the other needed our unusuals or items. Our end goal: A Scorching Team Captain. As luck would have it, that December we were blessed with the End of the Line update, which introduced many new unusual effects. With the lack of values, Victim’s ability to trade showed success as we multiplied our backpack worth from 12 buds (when buds were valued at 15-20 keys) to nearly 50 buds. Slowly we reached 60 buds and we attained an (in our point of view) amazing unusual set. A Sunbeams Whoopee Cap and our prize possession: A Cloudy Moon Bonk Boy. This set was set at a value of nearly 76 buds and was a landmark achievement of our trading partnership. On top of this, I was always a scout main, and being able to wear such an awesome set during matches was a feeling like none else.

However at the same time of amazing luck and hard work amounting to this reward: misfortune had struck. Victim decided to earn some more keys to further our goal by acting as a broker (or someone who sells unusuals for other people for a set fee or a percentage). It was earning us more keys so I had no objection to this, and Victim was more inspired by our amassing fortune. But little did we know that this was going to lead to our downfall. Victim had unknowingly brokered an unusual for a user who turned out to be the alt of a scammer. When Victim realized the user was a scammer alt, he immediately unadded the user, forgoing his brokering fee.
    We did not think much of the event other than that it was a close shave: we did not realize that it would lead to him getting marked as a Scammer.

We continued on our merry way, and were thinking about what to sell the set for when Victim was marked. At this time, I was really confused. Victim was banned, but I had all the items. What was I supposed to do? We had worked together on this; was I going to get banned as well? In the days that passed, we were both confused and did not try trading after this.

However this was not the end of the story. A few days after Victim was banned, a person who had been on my friends list for a good while, Jessica,(https://steamcommunity.com/id/JessicaScootieBootie/) had added me to their group about drawing unusuals. I, seeing nothing wrong, had accepted the invite. A day later Jessica had messaged me wondering if she could check out the unusual scout set, because they were interested in trading their GE Crone’s Dome for the set. I was skeptical at first, because that sounded like an obvious scam. But then after a little weedling, I accepted because Jessica had been on my friends list for so long, and I also had traded with her before, for a Terror-Watt Brainiacs. I came to regret that decision the second I had made it because they immediately unadded me. I realized I had been scammed and messaged Victim. He was furious that I had lost the reward of all those months of hard work. But worst of all was when I checked Jessica’s Steam Rep profile. I had screenshots ready (actual screenshots at the bottom) and was shocked to realize that Jessica was already marked on Steam Rep from a few days ago. I was stunned and was nearly reduced to tears as the stark realization hit me: I had been scammed of over $2100, and there was absolutely nothing I could do.
    I was so distraught from this event that I didn’t even open steam for a few days. With Victim’s urging, I decided to bite the bullet and start trading again. However when I opened up TF2outpost, I was in for a rude awakening. I had been banned for brokering with a scammer and trading with a scammer.I was banned for “brokering” with Victim, however the item that I was “brokering” for Victim was sold far before he was banned on Steam Rep for unknowingly brokering for the scammer alt. I had also been banned for being scammed by Jessica. I did not know what to do. I have stayed away from trading since that day.
    Victim and I stayed friends, even through this absolutely horrendous mistake on my part. But our days of trading partnership were over. He could never trust me again to not get scammed. So I went on with playing competitive TF2, and he moved on to CS:GO. We still talk, however nothing to do with TF2 trading related topics. There was recently an announcement that SteamRep would not mark you for trading with a scammer unless it is with knowledge. However I had never wanted to come back until now. With the rise in hype for the Competitive Matchmaking update, I want to be able to use sites such as Scrap.tf or Saloon.tf without being barred for being marked as a scammer.

Thank you for your patience in reading through this appeal to fully understand the circumstances that led up to my marking on SteamRep and I hope they are enough to convince you that I do not deserve to be marked as a scammer on SteamRep.

Attached Files:

2. .Zenith_SC

.Zenith_SC Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Right after writing this, I checked Jessica's SteamRep status and realized they have been unmarked.

3. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Please list any alternative accounts you have/that can be linked to you.

If you do not list any your appeal will be rejected.

4. .Zenith_SC

.Zenith_SC Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I had an Alt Account that I have no control over anymore. I had given it to Victim and the steamid of it back when I had it was imasniper4

5. .Zenith_SC

.Zenith_SC Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Victim might have used it for trading, but I am not sure. I have not talked to him about TF2 related subjects in forever.

6. .Zenith_SC

.Zenith_SC Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  7. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Notes:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Legacy Trade Moderator).**

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  8. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    We'll downgrade your tag for brokering to a caution appealable after 3 months, HOWEVER if you ever use the alt account you gave to Victim, your ban will be reinstated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.