Implemented Airaccelerate on CSGO Bhop

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by Chefkoch JJ, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chefkoch JJ

Chefkoch JJ :] Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This is mainly directed @n0name@n0name

In the past weeks I've been checking out other bunnyhop servers of big communities to see what's different, what could be improved and also to play harder maps.
    Aside from neat looking spec-huds and some other useful plugins the thing that caught my eye the most was that every single other server I played on had an airacceleration of 1000 and not 250.
    Now, this is actually a big difference and makes some runs as seen on youtube plain impossible because of the great loss in speed when turning fast on sharp corners.
    I talked to some other people who agreed with me and finally Darkregen, who told me to make a thread about it - is there any possibility of you changing the airacceleration to 1000?
    If not, why?

Cheers,
    Massta

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  2. Koga73

Koga73 kill @all Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Not sure if it's the same on surf, but when you do sharp turns, you lose your speed immediately.
    I guess this is to make it less easy, and actually focus on smooth turns. But i don't get why the airacc would be that low on bhop.

3. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    On surf it's a different thing, ramps are often many many units away from each other. On bhop though, it's impossible to properly maintain speed in sharp corners..

4. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    (even though id like to not post too many posts i have to here..)
    In surf there are a bunch of sharp turns where i have had troubles doing them (of course we have godlike surfers here that do that ezpz.. ;-;) but i think the skill level required would be lowered quite a bit for some maps..

I would like to have this, i gotta say. If we want to compete against other communities we should be keeping up and THEN try to be special in a way. Not be special in the first place.

5. Koga73

Koga73 kill @all Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just gotta learn how to surf yo :D

6. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Would need a bit of more support, as I would have to reset all times too (as air accelerate is quite a core element).

7. Uglefar

Uglefar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Standard airacceleration for surf is 150.

Airacceleration on FoG is 400.

If you have tried to surf on any other server you would know that this difference is aleredy huge when turning. We aleredy have it fairly easy on FoG. Therefor I cannot see why you would make it even easier by increasing airacceleration.

In case you actually decide to do so anyway, please don't reset all times. Honestly it would not be needed, as every record is still betable as surfing is only getting easier and faster by increasing airacceleration.

8. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Uh, this only affects Bhop, not surf.

9. Uglefar

Uglefar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Fair enough, though surf was also discussed right above you my friend.

But for bhop I would guess that it would not be needed to reset the entire database for bhop either. The same argument stands.

10. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Yea, but those weren't discussions about ACTUALLY doing something, rather some more "general" instructions and how Surf/Bhop are different.
    Well, I don't have to reset it, but some more support would still be nice.

11. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thanks for the consideration. I don't think there is any need to reset the databases - if better records happen then so be it, current record holders visit the server frequently anyway. The person with most records on bhop right now is Ar3syk iirc, I'll talk to him and some other frequent visitors. Most don't have forum accounts, I hope you trust me to transfer their opinions here.

12. Chefkoch JJ

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    *Some more support incoming
    (more or less)
    Note that some quotes may be translated.

Supporters
    • Yoda - see post above
    • Ic∑Ωlator - "Not gonna play on a server where it's impossible to do proper runs. I also want harder maps." (he's a bit harsh at times)
    • Fletch - "Massta gets Fletch's +1 for the air accelerate"

Sorry for being on hiatus lately. I sorta forgot that I made this thread and when I got reminded I wasn't available :D
    Anyway.
    I just sent messages to random bhop people on my list, I'll update this post when I receive replies.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  13. Giovanni

Giovanni Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Tbh i think there shouldn't even be a discussion about this Topic. If the Standard Airaccleration for Bhop is 1000 we should change it to that.

14. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Implemented, sorry for the delay.
    See the recent announcement post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.