Sudden computer malfunction

Discussion in 'Technology' started by The12hunter21, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The12hunter21

The12hunter21 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hello, recently my pc has decided that it doesnt want to live anymore, luckily an it-person came and fixed it when it was at its worst and it worked for about an hour then it crashed again, but he did fix something because i have a menu screen now which helps alot because i dont have to try and use the UEFI, or whatever its called, anyway the point im trying to make is i believe i can get my pc to work again if i get a little help from you guys, i know the error code and its 0xc0000185 and its for windows 8.1, now i have an option to start it with cmd which is what i need help for, otherwise i need to wait fpr an usb, so does anyone here know the booting commands for windows 8.1? Just to give a better picture of the menu screen its just a blue backround, any help is appreciated ☺

2. Oku!

Oku! Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Have you tried to turn it on and off again?

3. The12hunter21

The12hunter21 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Many times, i do believe the problem is the booting and hard-disk

4. TheBluekr

TheBluekr Creator of ClOS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Is there not a message aside from some code error? It would usually say some error to search online.

EDIT:
    Went straight to google like everyone does, first result that popped up Microsoft Help

5. cheatnow

cheatnow The desert fox Legacy Admin

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Your hdd is slowly dying, as for the run with cmd have you actually clicked the option? I presume it's safe mode with cmd open if thats so than the basic ctrl+alt+del to run task manager. click option run/start program run explorer.exe and done you have your interface back.

6. Fin

Fin Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Well, I had "same" problem with Win10 when I put my computer together. Only thing I found to solve it was just re-installing windows. My it-friend didn't find anything else wrong either.
    Couple of times it died again, until I figured out what the problem was, the Windows Defender and Auto-Updater didn't work, so I had to get some new files from microsoft and replace em, been working like a locomotive ever since!

7. Aleksa

Aleksa Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It was a joke tho

it was all just a joke x3

8. The12hunter21

The12hunter21 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    So yeah, problem was hard disk actually died, running on SD-disk now, but thanks for the help :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.