Implemented RTV Update to all Surf servers

Discussion in 'Suggestions (archive)' started by tisE, Mar 11, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tisE

tisE Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Heyo!

I noticed that FoG does not have the updated RTV on their Surf servers.
    The RTV requirement should not be 1 vote when there are two players on the server. This gives so much power to some random potato that joins the server, is unable to clear a few stages and just randomly RTVs.

So my suggestion is;
    Fix the RTV so that when there's only 1 player on the server, it requires 1 vote. But when there are two players on the server, it requires two votes.

I sometimes surf in the mornings and usually I want to surf maps that are never played but when I'm not even halfway trough a map a random player joins, is unable to finish stage 1, rtv's and causes the map change, especially when the "Don't Change" vote is overpowered by a map in the vote.

Sorry for the rambling.

-tisE

2. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ye, this has been a problem since the attempt to fix so potatoes can't vote, think it's only on 1 - 4 server though... Not sure. Just keep on bumbing this if you dont see a fix.

3. tisE

tisE Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hola,

Honestly I think the rank shouldn't matter. Nobody should be able to decide a RTV alone if they are not the only player on the server so even if the "potatoes" can't vote will be fixed the issue will remain.

4. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Keeping potatoes form voting though is a good thing in 99% of the cases though. They will always vote for the easier maps and rtv the hard ones.

There is however a problem that I know has been occurring on the t1 - 4 server where it will only require 1 out of 0 votes even if there is like 20+ non potato ranks in the server. Dont know if you are talking about that one or if you think that potatoes should get voting power back again.

5. tisE

tisE Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    No I agree with you on the fact that potato rank should not be able to vote. What I meant was that even if any of the surf servers (1-2, 1-3, 1-4 etc.) have two players on them even two players with [Pro] rank, one player should not be able to decide that the map will be forced to change by typing RTV.

When there is 1 player on the server, RTV should require 1 vote.
    When there are 2 players on the server, RTV should require 2 votes. Nevertheless the ranks of the players (currently only requires 1 vote on all servers).

The issue is that when the RTV is started by one player when there are two players on the server, the "Don't Change" option is overpowered by a map selection. This means even if the other player does not want the map to change and chooses the "Don't Change" option, the map will still change even with a 50% vote for "Don't Change" and 50% for a map.

6. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    okay, I see the problem, and I can agree that with 2 people you should need 2 rtv's. Though, I can let you in on a secret, it's the vote that is highest that will win, and if there is a tie the one who is highest will be the one who got that last vote. I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

7. tisE

tisE Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ah, I will have to try to vote "last" then if the situation arises :D

8. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It's set to require 60% of votes, which of two players is 1.2, rounded down to 1 (you can't easily split a person).
    The best we can do is set the minimum amount of players required to vote, but I would rather not do that - if you are alone on the server, you maybe want to play a specific map.

9. Yoda

Yoda Genuinely crazy Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    cant you set a rule?
    IF 2 people (and only 2) are on the server set the rtv minimum to 2

10. tisE

tisE Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I just played on a new map on the Surf 1-4 server. A recruit voted RTV and the Map changed. There were 8 players able to vote for a map but only 1 needed for the RTV vote. Is this due to the "Potato" rank not being able to vote? I'm not sure if the Recruit and I were the only ones above Potato rank at the time.

11. Trisstar

Trisstar Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    No, like stated earlier. Pretty sure the rtv on thta specific server is busted. Been like that for a while, doesn't matter how many players are on, just one needed for some strange reason.

12. Yoda

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    You need a minimum of 150 points to vote. So if you and the Recruit were the only ones above that set pointlimit then yes, it basically was "2 players online, 1 wants to vote -> vote commences"

The 1-4 is the only server with a "fixed" version of the rtv command. Currently the potatos are counted in on the rtv count on the other servers. the 1-4 was used for testing by n0 and me to get it fixed. (which was successfull)
    BUT with that new command the minimum for 2 players should be set to 2 or it is really unfair towards the other.
    AND if theres only 1 voter among 8 potatos there has to be a limit to it aswell. (Like.. hmm.. "IF there is only 1 guy that can vote among other non voter AND he votes, lower the minimum of points required to vote to 0" so people have a word in the vote and dont have to rely on that one guy)
    ALSO if there are no permitted voters count in the people aka potatos normally like they were all able to rtv.
    (PLUS: please restart the other servers so the plugin will start working on them aswell .-.)

@n0name@n0name should actually read this

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  13. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I wouldn't work with hardcoded values, rather with percentages.
    In this case, more than 50% of current people on the server must be able to vote, otherwise, the vote fails directly.
    Therefore, we would also catch the case when only 2 players are online (1/2 => 50%, but we want GREATER than (not including) 50%).

14. tisE

tisE Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'm glad this is getting some attention =)

15. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Installed a new version on Advanced, now requires MORE THAN 50% of players to even be able to start a vote.

16. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    If this new version is working properly, I would copy it over to the other servers too.

17. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Implemented on all Surfs/Bhop, may need a server restart/map change.

18. Yoda

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]

On the 1-6 server (2 player online 1 rtv required).

Dont know if the server was restarted yet.

19. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    It wasn't [​IMG]

20. Yoda

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    For some reason the RTV plugin doesnt funktion again. When only 1 person is online on the 1-6 server he cannot rtv.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.