Possibilities... I may be saying farewell soon

Discussion in 'General' started by Ixel, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ixel

Ixel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    This is no longer applicable, I'm staying, everything's been sorted now :).

Hi all,
    I rarely post on here but if I do then it's either usually something important or meaningful.

Those who know me on Fortress of Gamers, I'm a senior/server admin on the Team Fortress 2 2fort server where I occasionally make an appearance. Well, it's sure been fun in this community and I think I've done a good job as being a server admin here, but... there's a growing possibility that things might be changing soon if things don't change for the better for me. Basically I'm suffering personal problems as a few people here may already be aware. I fell out with a friend, who I considered a good friend and still do despite what has happened recently (just needed some time to come to finally accept something about their personality). However, it looks to me that there appears to be an increasingly likely possibility that the friendship will never be able to be resurrected. I've tried to open a possible conversation but my words are ignored. We (no names) have had plenty of fun times in online gaming over the fairly reasonable time we've known each other, but it looks like that's now come to an end indefinitely.

Normally I wouldn't be upset over losing a friend, even though me losing an actual friend is extremely rare, but I feel this is different. Due to the fact a lot of the games we did often play are on my Steam account, it's a painful reminder everytime I use Steam on my current account as to what has been lost. Therefore, I am strongly considering leaving Steam and selling my TF2 inventory if things can't be resolved anytime soon. In that instance I'll return to Star Trek Online and catch up with my fleet and the new content I've not yet played through and spend a bit more time on GTA V (online of course). I'll miss Team Fortress 2 and most importantly the Fortress of Gamers community if I end up leaving Steam, but at the end of the day I need to consider my own sanity and if things can never be resolved then the only way I can move on is if I leave Steam and subsequently forget the past. I don't expect nor want replies though I welcome them of course, I was more posting this as a possibility that I may actually be saying farewell to everyone here soon. Don't say I didn't warn you :p.

Note to management and 2fort regulars: I will continue doing my role here until such time that I officially declare that I'm resigning and/or that I'm actually leaving Steam for good. If and when the time comes I will post my resignation on the admin forum of course. Until then my server admin role here is unchanged.

Good luck to everyone on here, regardless of if and when I'm leaving Steam and here. Until then I'll reply to any queries or comments as needed :).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. Darkregen

Darkregen Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    [​IMG]

3. Pudgey

Pudgey Shinji did nothing wrong Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Aww, dont know ya but im sure you'll be alright, stay positive :)

4. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ixel nooooo

Stay here. We love you so much...

Im hoping you can resolve your issues with your friend. You'll be alright mate.

You're the last of the good old 2fort admins :(

Titforce doesnt count right now

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  5. Ixel

Ixel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ah, Doctor Who. Thanks for the image :).

I'll keep hanging on until probably the end of the month, if nothing changes at all by that time then I can pretty much assume they will never speak to me again... unfortunately. Thanks for your reply :).

Haha. Well as I say, unless they start talking to me again there's little else I can do. I don't really want to continue living with the pain I'm suffering right now. I'd hate to see lots of good and fun times just go wasted. All I can hope is she will eventually contact me at some point before I 'throw in the towel'. I've tried but I've been clearly told they pretty much don't even want to just say hi (e.g. if I'm on the same server as them). I'd hate to resign and leave this community behind so I'm really hoping they reconsider at least saying something to me so that we can try to resolve this and put it behind us (if they see this thread/post, I assume they will). Well, although not really positive, if I do leave at least there's one thing I can be remembered for. That's for being one of the final 'old admins' to be around on 2fort :p.

6. Guest In Disguise

Guest In Disguise Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    please don't "maybe" go :( we will miss you when you go one time

and i love my grammar

7. Ham of Rage

Ham of Rage Hambot Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    As @Wolfeye@Wolfeye said, hope you clear up with your friend and would stay in this forum/games ;). You are ofc one of the good admins on 2fort

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  8. Starfish

Starfish Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    I'd love to talk to you sometimes, considering we recently became friends on Steam.
    As of now I have no judgement to give, however I wish you the best.

9. Ixel

Ixel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Thanks for all your replies and support, it's much appreciated. I also hope we can clear this up, but only time will tell now.

All I can say to the person I considered a good friend is: Please.. please.. don't waste all the good and fun memories we had. If you're seeing this thread and the posts then please reconsider talking to me before it's too late. I've forgiven you (twice), so assuming I've upset you by deleting you as a friend without talking to you first about what was bothering me originally, then please forgive me at least once. I don't know the actual reason for certain, but if you'd at least talk to me then I would offer you an apology for the reason that's causing you to hate me and/or ignore me.

10. Wario

Wario Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hey man, I hope you're doing alright regardless of this, I might imagine, extremely harsh moment for you.

I obviously don't know what precisely happened between you and this person you're so trying to get in touch again with, but little old me can see you're suffering because of it.

I'm not a resourceful person myself, nor an incredibly wise one, but I'd just like to say something to the person you made this post for; I don't know you nor Ixel, but don't throw away a person who genuinely cares about you and all the memories you've had together. Everyone does mistakes in their lives, destroying a friendship for one is exactly one of those things you'll eventually face later on in your life and regret.

11. CheekyPJ

CheekyPJ Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Look, since I believe this is about me I have decided to answer here and if you want to talk furthermore, add me on Steam. Yes I am stubborn, I am going to ask you to add me since you deleted me without the explanation I am looking for.
    I'm posting my opinion here, because as an ex 2fort admin on FoG I believe that you are good at what you're doing and leaving Steam just because we have games in common and because our friendship didn't work out for reasons, is a silly thing to do for me. It is not worth it to leave all of this just because of me. So if you want to resolve it, as I mentioned above, add me and we'll discuss stuff like adults (even though I'm starting it all with a childish behavior).
    I don't really want to publicly post everything I want to say to you here.

12. Ixel

Ixel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hi,
    Thank you very much for giving me a chance, I hope we can resolve this. I've added you to Steam.

13. Ixel

Ixel Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Just a final post to this thread to say that I'm grateful that Cheeky PJ has talked to me; and that we actually both had a misunderstanding. We're friends again and all the bad things are to be completely forgotten about. I'll be staying in FoG and I'll continue playing Team Fortress 2 and other games as usual again. I'm much happier now :). Finally thanks for everyone's support and comments, particularly to Argente and Chickpoint who got us talking to each other again.

14. Toxic

Toxic Banned

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Good to see you guys friends again.

15. SneeKeRsS

SneeKeRsS Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Best of luck ! .... you know the steam chat.. :)

and also.... Always ! :)

16. Luigi123

Luigi123 Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Farewell Ixel and take care! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.