Rejected [SteamRep tag removal/downgrade] Ban Appeal - Hodor

Discussion in 'Bans (archive)' started by Hodor, Feb 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodor

Hodor Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Ban Appeal
    SteamRep Block
    | steamname: Hodor
    | steam3ID: [U:1:127991366]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:63995683
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088257094
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198088257094
    Type of appeal
    SteamRep tag removal/downgrade
    What was your in-game name when you got banned?
    Hodor
    When did it happen?
    46 days ago
    What's the specified reason?
    Attempted Paypal scam
    Why do you think you should be unbanned?
    Hi,

Firstly, I am not a user of this site so I apologize if I have not filled out this appeal for correctly or failing to follow forum etiquette.

Down to business, after returning to Australia from an oversea's exchange, I have logged onto my steam account to find that someone appears to have hacked and taken control of my account for the past few months. Accordingly, I have since changed my passwords and security questions. It appears however that this person has changed my account to someone from England, and proceeded to bet with my own skins, as well as their own skins they traded across it appears, as well as try and scam people using an anonymous Paypal? I have reported this issue to steam and they just told me to change all my security settings obviously, however I am quite shocked at this still and apologize profusely to the persons that were affected; I should have done more to keep my account secure whilst I was absent for such a long period of time. I do enjoy betting skins on professional CS:GO games, however trading is really not my thing due to the hassle of dealing with potential scammers and the like. I was just hoping that you guys would be able to lift my ban under these circumstances, it would mean a great deal to me.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions or request further info if that would help further my appeal.

Thank-you for your time.

2. n0name

n0name Administrator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    1.) Around which date did your account get hijacked (specific dates, not "months ago")
    2.) Please include screenshots of your conversation with Steam support

3. Hodor

Hodor Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Hi,

From looking at my trade history, someone purchased skins from OPSKINS starting the 26th of October, 2015. These were then traded to an CSGl bot, gambled away I assume. A significant number of trades with random people then occured over the next 2 months or so. Since I did not purchase these skins, I am sure that the suspicious activity can be traced back to this timeframe. Around the 20th of December is when the trading stops, which is around when the ban must have been implemented on the offender.

I would like to share those screenshots, however they contain personal information about the security of my account, including my email address and information relating to other accounts accessed with similar details. Hence I am not really comfortable sharing that kind of info on a public forum. Is there anything else you could use?

4. Hodor

Hodor Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Bump..? Have I been rejected..?

5. Ninja Otter

Ninja Otter Cunt Member

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Feel free to send a private message to any of the trade moderators or @n0name@n0name with the screenshots.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  6. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    @Hodor@Hodor , you have 7 days to provide the ticket.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  7. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas Senior Trade Moderator

Steam:
    Steam SteamRep
    Appeal denied for the lack of follow up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.